Thailand set to introduce visa-free travel for Chinese and Indians

webfact

Racism!!!! Typical Thai mentallity.

I'm leaving at the end of this month, and so happy to be leaving.

Thailand has been nothing but a waste of many years of my life efforts plus alot of money and for what?

Just look at the place!

Fools gold! Fools paradise...

Life is better elsewhere. I opened my eyes, put my pecker away and stopped listening to the same old B.S.

I'm gettimg a life back!

I was a  fed up with Thailand already 3 years ago. I came here in 2001 and had a very good time and at the time I was thinking I would stay here  for the rest of my life. But then I felt less and less welcomed in this country. Reading all the news it seems the western expats are even more under stress nowadays  with all this ridiculous  immigration laws. Now I'm in the Philippines and feel most happy. But I still come to Thailand as tourist. But one thing is for sure, the Thais treat their long term  visitors like chessmen. Shifting them around.  But they are stupid and lousy players. I really hope them bad luck, karma and soon checkmate. You can don't fool people for ever.  Such a racist country like Thailand does not deserve any better.  They would accept probably any aliens from the outerspace. Does not matter where you come from. Because I'm Thai and you are not Thai. So just bring us money and ... off again.  The Filipinos on the other hand are very friendly, helpful and kind. If you treat them respectfully. Sure, they also want our money. After all, all westerner are super rich. Joking. Anyway, up to you all guys in the Land of False smiles. Wish you all good luck.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, DLock said:

I also get Priority Lanes, so what's your point?

The priority lane is made up of Business Class passengers and anyone smart enough to get a Priority Lane pass from their tour company - sorry you don't fit into either category. You're not important enough.

That's just called jealousy Kid - you'll survive.

For about 40 USD you can buy a service that lets you use the priority lane at immigration, even if you don't fly business class.

Probably a good investment considering the lines at regular immigration during peak hours

3 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Obviously do not want western / european tourists as the free visa for only Chinese and Indians is outright discriminatory !   

Sorry, but US, Australian, UK and EU citizens also do not require a visa to enter as tourists. Can stay up to 1 month. Apparently, the max stay for Indians and Chinese will be 14 days

No discrimination there..

May they receive what they wish for.

Personally, it doesn't bother me much. The Chinese are here anyways as I just live next to one province of China. Officially still called LAO P.D.R.

The Indians don't get lost where I live. And I suspended my travels through the country anyways as I'm tired of the paperwork involved.

5 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

How about free visas for high spending western tourists?  Wouldn’t that seem logical?  Or is logic not a part of Thai culture?

I feel many people confuse "visa-free" and "free visa"

Visa-free means no visa required for tourists staying 14 or 30 days. Available already for most western citizens. 

Free visa means that a visa has to be granted but there is no cost

Two completely different issues.

19 hours ago, nev said:

Racist government!!,  You cannot just issue to who you think should be encouraged to come, You should offer to all no matter where they are from shame on you

Thailand is definitely the most racist country I’ve lived in but not towards whites. If you have white skin in Thailand, you are viewed as superior. This is generally the rule of the thumb for every country on planet Earth. But it’s particularly notable in Thailand. Hence Thailand’s obsession with skin whitening products and allergies to the sun. White skin === high status. Thais absolutely hate Chinese and Indians with a passion. My wife non-stop makes fun of Chinese and Indians ( especially Indians because they stink to high hell ). However, at the same time, she wants more Indians and Chinese to come to Thailand because they are the tourists that drop the big bucks on medical tourism. Whites are too cheap to spend money on things like stem cell and anti-aging. Indians and Chinese are dropping $50k to $100k US per treatment on stem cell though. All of my wife’s patients are Indian and Chinese. She can’t stand them but they pay the bills and made her fabulously wealthy before the age of 30.

Asians in general are extremely racist and classist compared to the rest of the world. They are obsessed with skin color and bloodline. For example, I was in Cambodia the other weekend at a beach town that has been taken over by the Chinese. Hanging from buildings in this city were signs all over the place that read “No Cambodia’s Allowed”. Yes, China has taken over many cities in Cambodia and is now kicking out the local people that live there. So while Thais may not like the Chinese, I can definitely guarantee you that the Chinese view Cambodians and Thais as inferior and will eventually take over all of South East Asia in the same way that Europeans booted Native Americans out of North America.

18 hours ago, Yinn said:

This not about get the very handsome nose farang out. You already get the free visa.

is only to make it more easy for the Indian and Chinese guest.

everyone is welcome to holiday Thailand if polite.

Hope you have a good time!

Thanks for reminding me how crap the music is here.

21 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Let's get this long nosed idiot Farang out and well behaved Indians and Chinese people in. What a joke. But I can't laugh about it. 

How does this equate to 'long nose idiot farang out'? Most (all?) Europeans, Aussies/Kiwis, Americans get visa-free travel. Why not Chinese and Indians? I don't understand your logic that allowing a couple more countries to have visa-free travel means they want 'us' out? Please explain.

Years ago lots of farang were coming to Thailand also, the problem is that Immigration was not capable

to entice them to comeback again and again. Social media is a powerful tool to communicate and

when people feel frustrated or cheated or both they talk about it...online to potential tourists! 

On 8/7/2019 at 2:56 PM, Thaiwrath said:

Seeing as 'farang' tourists get 30 day visa free entry on arrival, I fail to see how they are trying to 'get them out', in favour of other nationalities ? Unless you are babbling on about TM28/30's, which is an entirely different thing. 

Exactly. What on earth is wrong with letting people in (irrespective of nationality) for 30 days - as tourists. Most countries do. Thailand is not only for westerners.

5 hours ago, Rocket Hawks said:

Whites are too cheap to spend money on things like stem cell and anti-aging. Indians and Chinese are dropping $50k to $100k US per treatment on stem cell though.

I think it's more to do with whiteys having figured out the treatments are bogus.

15 hours ago, Swedenlars said:

I was a  fed up with Thailand already 3 years ago. I came here in 2001 and had a very good time and at the time I was thinking I would stay here  for the rest of my life. But then I felt less and less welcomed in this country. Reading all the news it seems the western expats are even more under stress nowadays  with all this ridiculous  immigration laws. Now I'm in the Philippines and feel most happy. But I still come to Thailand as tourist. But one thing is for sure, the Thais treat their long term  visitors like chessmen. Shifting them around.  But they are stupid and lousy players. I really hope them bad luck, karma and soon checkmate. You can don't fool people for ever.  Such a racist country like Thailand does not deserve any better.  They would accept probably any aliens from the outerspace. Does not matter where you come from. Because I'm Thai and you are not Thai. So just bring us money and ... off again.  The Filipinos on the other hand are very friendly, helpful and kind. If you treat them respectfully. Sure, they also want our money. After all, all westerner are super rich. Joking. Anyway, up to you all guys in the Land of False smiles. Wish you all good luck.

Just a thought. Maybe the Thai authorities are jealous of the peckers of westerners and their women would become dissatisfied with theirs. Is that a plausible answer ??

21 hours ago, dallen52 said:

I asked a friend what time his bar open in soi 8.

He said,

"what time can you get here".

Times are tough. 

Some girls are saying,  have now, pay tomorrow. 

(I thought that was how it worked anyway)

Nooooo have now - pay tomorrow morning !!

The employees in Patpong, Nana and Walking Street will love the fact, that Indians can roam the Kingdom without visa. It's pay one serve four then? 

The immigration will need lots of more Somchais now, the Chinese are smarter than the lot of aliens; lets see how many brethren from the Red North will disappear into the Land's underground starting minting money without correct visa, forget about WP and income tax payments ???? 

On 8/7/2019 at 12:19 PM, smedly said:

I was out and about last night around pattaya and in all the years I have been here I have never seen the place so empty

Indians come here for a 200baht massage and a HJ,  that is it, numbers do not equal income

I don't know about Pattaya - never been and probably never will, but in Bangkok the Indian tourists are everywhere and they are spending a lot of money. A lady we know with a nice upscale travel/tour agency in Pratunam told us "thank god for the Indians, they came in large numbers just as the Chinese tourists numbered dwindled. They are loud, some smell bad, but they are spending huge sums of money". Yes of course they are loud and demand huge discounts at the clothing markets, etc. but they do spend on expensive tours, shows, and attractions.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:20 PM, captpkapoor said:

One consideration could be the (relative) lack of crimes committed by Indians. How many Indians have you seen/ heard of, involved in any sort of crime here?

Marriage scams 

Archived