Social Security

I'm going to the SS office soon but just wondered if anyone has any experience of getting a lump sum. I've worked here for 25 years, but only paid about 18 into SS.

Does anyone have an estimate of how much I'll get? I've heard from 100k to 400k.

Also, sites anyone knows of I can cash it out when I am actually still working? I want to do it a month early, before leaving.

I'll be wanting to keep my health insurance too, had anyone done this? 

As I am aware you need to be at least 55 and paid minimum 15y into SS

roundabout 10.000/year you can estimate, so in your case about 180.000 THB (I would go instead for the live long pension, same parameter as for the lump sum above and round about 3.750 THB per month), so after 4 years you will be over 180k lump sum already)

healt insurance you you can keep in both scenarios for 432 THB monthly contributions - again need to be 55y old or older 

15 hours ago, MrJ said:

As I am aware you need to be at least 55 and paid minimum 15y into SS

roundabout 10.000/year you can estimate, so in your case about 180.000 THB (I would go instead for the live long pension, same parameter as for the lump sum above and round about 3.750 THB per month), so after 4 years you will be over 180k lump sum already)

healt insurance you you can keep in both scenarios for 432 THB monthly contributions - again need to be 55y old or older 

Thanks for your answer, I guess. I can wait until I'm 55. But I'll apply for it now.

Archived