Let's settle this once and for all....Beatles or Stones?

Always been a lame question. Chalk and Cheese. Beatles a unique and fantastic phenomena. No significant influence subsequent pop music. Stones were the original punks, many genre took off from there. Always been a lame question. Beatles a unique and fantastic phenomena. No significant influence subsequent pop music. Both derivative of OUR African American music tradition. Who ended up gettin’ paid? I’d say Stones. They were the original punks, many genre took off from there. Stones still have SOME kind of relevance. McCartney has not released a decent song since 1973. Lennon and Harrison gone, Ringo a crap drummer who got lucky.

IMG_1273.jpg.011884145530211fb30679d69ad42fe5.jpg&key=336f9eab761d4eab8959db657875a34589c410b9d17688d6d652d46ea95ac687

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/8/2019 at 5:07 PM, possum1931 said:

Hendrix was all gadgets while Clapton really could play. Back in the nineties I used to go out with Claptons bass player Jack Bruces niece, she was 20 years younger than me.

Nowt like a bit of name dropping. Oh, what was her name?

I asked an old chap in our Local if he liked The Beatles . Bloody Love em Lad , and then started making a Hunting Horn sound. He thought i said Beagles . Never heard of The Beatles.!.[emoji86][emoji252]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Beatles (that Jagger bloke is an alien for sure) though the pair of them are overrated, overly nostalgic baby-boomer bands at the end of the day. Bring rich sound like Pink Floyd (a non-overrated baby boomer band) into the equation and we'll talk. :tongue:

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

The movie/biopic of Elton John. Really good, better than Bo Rhap in my opinion, for what that's worth.

Give me Elvis, Roy Orbison, George Jones, Vince Gill. Unlike Peltin Elton, these people have or had great singing voices.

What is Bo Rhap? I thought you used to be a professional musician.

34 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Give me Elvis, Roy Orbison, George Jones, Vince Gill. Unlike Peltin Elton, these people have or had great singing voices.

Yes Possum, you thought quite rightly.

Sorry but Bo Rap is the modern kids talk for Bohemian Rhapsody, the bio-pic of Queen.

4 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Yes Possum, you thought quite rightly.

Sorry but Bo Rap is the modern kids talk for Bohemian Rhapsody, the bio-pic of Queen.

Queen? I am not saying they were not good musicians, but just not for me.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Queen? I am not saying they were not good musicians, but just not for me.

As obviously Elton John isn't either. Do you like any gay artists?

But the fact that some people like The Beatles and others The Stones, or Blur vs Oasis, or Beethoven vs Mozart or The Shadows vs The Ventures ( lol )  is what make this world a wonderful place.

Remember, one man's meat is another man's poison.

5 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

As obviously Elton John isn't either. Do you like any gay artists?

But the fact that some people like The Beatles and others The Stones, or Blur vs Oasis, or Beethoven vs Mozart or The Shadows vs The Ventures ( lol )  is what make this world a wonderful place.

Remember, one man's meat is another man's poison.

Yes. I do not like jazz, but I do appreciate the musical ability of jazz musicians, most of my time as a professional musician was playing American country music.

What often has amazed me over the years is how you can listen to a song and dislike it instantly, then, hear the same song, re-arranged, or performed by another artist/style and it's good.

The beauty of music is it's diversity, and we all have different tastes. Just because we don't like a style or musician or group performance doesn't make them "crap" it's just just not to your taste, it doesn't detract from their ability to sell millions of records and attract a huge following and audience.

Just remember your opinion is just that "yours"! ????

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

What often has amazed me over the years is how you can listen to a song and dislike it instantly, then, hear the same song, re-arranged, or performed by another artist/style and it's good.

The beauty of music is it's diversity, and we all have different tastes. Just because we don't like a style or musician or group performance doesn't make them "crap" it's just just not to your taste, it doesn't detract from their ability to sell millions of records and attract a huge following and audience.

Just remember your opinion is just that "yours"! ????

Record sales dont  lie..........the question is who was  better, its  been answered by record  sales, on top of that  the "covers" of both bands, Beatles way ahead in both respects.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Ronald Wycherley was pretty good too! As was Noel Engel.

Archived