BANGKOK
flyingtlger

Why are so many expats leaving Thailand?

20 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why.  I go to a Forest Wat in Rayong and have for many years.  All countries have good and bad things.  Appears you like the bad and I like the good.  Why would I go to Buhtan?  I have found Buddhist I like in Thailand and if you were not trying to bash Thailand or learn about Buddhism you would search for the truth.  This thread is about expats leaving Thailand are you really saying because Wat's are better in Bhutan?  

What I am saying is that although there may be many reasons for an expat to leave Thailand one of those reasons is a corrupted society of which Thai Buddhism is a prime example. My friends who have been and spent some time in Bhutan often remark that you will never see a monk there handle money, out shopping and certainly never reports about enriching themselves as can be learnt about Thai monks on an almost daily basis.  Like much of Thai society Thai Buddhism appears to have lost its way, a point perhaps recognized by many who have chosen to leave that behind.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2019 at 8:14 AM, worgeordie said:

Where are these greener pastures.......and remember the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

regards Worgeordie

Greener they may be, but that's because the fertilizer costs a lot more.

Things are getting desperate Im down to eating mama moo sap everyday so that I can go have a couple of beers 50 Baht everyday I was in a bar the other night and the girl said I go with you, I've got no money she said how much you got I said 200 Baht ok she said we go, no thank you Im not about to get a dose of clap that would cost me more money down the hospital with injections and antibiotics then I wouldn't be able to buy some beers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Things are getting desperate Im down to eating mama moo sap everyday so that I can go have a couple of beers 50 Baht everyday I was in a bar the other night and the girl said I go with you, I've got no money she said how much you got I said 200 Baht ok she said we go, no thank you Im not about to get a dose of clap that would cost me more money down the hospital with injections and antibiotics then I wouldn't be able to buy some beers

Ever consider safe sex?

• Haha 1

a decent bar is an endangered species around here.  They are more than willing to crank up the prices, and act like they dont notice the thinning crowds, yet you cannot count on them to deliver a product that beats my own refrigerator.  Pub life was a big part of the expat experience for me, not anymore, but I still like to chat with people and drink.  I am an easy bus ride to KSR...sheeze, the hookers dont even bother going there, anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Immigration problems, that's why all my pals left.

And if it wasn't for my family, I would have gone too.

Arent you living with your mother in law ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2019 at 11:35 AM, HampiK said:

PR or Citizenship for married man with children is not possible if the man is not working in Thai and pay tax on income! 

So as the @kellersphuket wrote, this is almost impossible. because it's always connected with working in Thai. OK there seems to be another way with Put 10 million in Thai bonds, but not sure this is true, and how difficult this way would be as I never read about anyone who was going that way!

Your right, you do need to work and pay taxes in Thailand to qualify.  If I was in that position and not working, I would find a friend that owns a company and could support a work permit and work something out with them.  Never herd of the 10 million possibility. 

10 hours ago, moontang said:

Ever consider safe sex?

Nothing safe here 

• Haha 1