Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

webfact

Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Officers from the Department of Special Investigation and Thai immigration arrested an 80 year old British man yesterday on charges of sexual assault against minors. 

Norman Lunt, 80, was apprehended at house 128/43 Moo 10 Nong Prue, Bang Lamung.

His arrest follows representations to the Thai authorities from the UK's National Crime Agency.

He is alleged to have committed rape of the daughter of someone close to him on five occasions over a five year period. 

This involves two separate cases. 

There are also eleven other counts of alleged sexual misconduct against minors. 

Authorities in the UK contacted their Thai counterparts after they discovered that the suspect was in Pattaya.

He is now in custody. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-08

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If that's the punishment you want, what would you give murders?

I would argue in many cases sexual offending against children is probably a more severe crime than murder. It can be perpetrated against the same victim more than once, it can be perpetrated against more than one victim, it is generally calculated, destroys a kids innocence (causing ongoing issues such as self harm, drug abuse etc) and is perpetrated against the most vulnerable in society. 

I'm not a huge fan of capital punishment for murder, but I am for many repeat kiddy fiddlers

9 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

so why has he still got a passport ?

Maybe, just maybe it is the UK authorities only recently "discovered that the suspect was in Pattaya" and he was only arrested sometime in the past 24 hours?

36 minutes ago, webfact said:

Authorities in the UK contacted their Thai counterparts after they discovered that the suspect was in Pattaya.

Another good reason to let the TM30 remain. Police and immigration have now a data base on peoples abode. Must make it easier to locate offenders living in Thailand. Yeah I'm for it.

Daily news say 9 kids 

(Snip)

Near the Wat Boonsampan school and Tara International School. 

Soi Kao Talo / Soi Koi Noi area.

0BFAA902-0DDB-453D-BDC0-4B61EEA47193.jpeg

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Give him to the father of the daughter. Problem solved.

9 fathers.

the brother and the uncles, the mums and aunties also.

45 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

80 years old, so how long has this been going on? I seriously doubt this is a new "habit" of his. Pic the cheapest and fastest way to get rid of this sicko.

At least nine kids. 

35 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Yet some "religious" sects in the middle east allow marriage of 8 year old girls,

In the Philippines, the age of consent is 12 years old.

Rules / laws that should be abolished IMO. 

18 years should be the worldwide legal age.

If pedofilia could be genetically engineered out of human DNA, the world would be a better place

try to be realistic, most woman had sex before 18

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If that's the punishment you want, what would you give murders?

Sexual predators and abusers cannot be salvaged. Overwhelming statistics confirm this. They have to be separated from civil society one way or another

29 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

try to be realistic, most woman had sex before 18

I agree I'd think 16 would be more realistic if it were an international set standard. Before we lynch him let's put him though the court system eh? 

31 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I don't want to google for the results - but the UK/US does seem to be the main source of paedophiles ! Its nearly always one of those countries involved - Why is that ?

Another curse of the rise of the internet ?

That's not really a sound statistic is it?  what you mean to say is UK and US take action more than other countries and have better law enforcement. I don't think you can conclude because they are more pro-active that they have more pedophiles. 

36 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

the UK/US does seem to be the main source of paedophiles

I would bet that there are more pedo Thai men on a per capita basis than the UK/US.   The main difference would be the under-reporting of crimes in LOS.

In Issan villages that sort of mischief is common, but an exchange of baht in favour of the victim's parents and police, and justice is seen to have been served.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

His arrest follows representations to the Thai authorities from the UK's National Crime Agency.

Doesn't this suggest the crimes were committed in UK?  Pattaya Plod arrested him after information received.  They knew where he lived as he has obviously filled in all the required TM docs.

Just like men who want to be women ,women who want to be men ,men or women that want to have relationships with members of their own sex , as we kept being told by all of these groups is nature nothing can be done , its the same with pedophiles i reckon ,its in their genes. 

I just thank my lucky stars i am part of the human race that just fancies women .

52 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

That's not really a sound statistic is it?  what you mean to say is UK and US take action more than other countries and have better law enforcement. I don't think you can conclude because they are more pro-active that they have more pedophiles. 

No I don't mean that at all (though may well be true) - simply put I meant whenever there is a story of a paedophile  at large it seems to be a Brit or American in the story. Whether that's due to better intelligence or simply that those two nations have spawned more paedophiles I don't know. 

Tim Berners-Lee the inventor of the internet, stated in an interview last year that if he knew what the internet would be used for today, he would have kept his mouth shut.

4 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another good reason to let the TM30 remain. Police and immigration have now a data base on peoples abode. Must make it easier to locate offenders living in Thailand. Yeah I'm for it.

So you think the people they have to hide something will follow the laws? And for a couple of criminals ten thousands need to be punished by more and more complicated laws and treated like criminals?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

There are also eleven other counts of alleged sexual misconduct against minors. Authorities in the UK contacted their Thai counterparts after they discovered that the suspect was in Pattaya.

Look, I know I;m not the smartest guy in the world, but if the UK want him, why not just freeze his UK bank account. Without funds flowing to Thailand from UK, he  can't stay in Pattaya and would have to return

Archived