Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

webfact

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Doesn't this suggest the crimes were committed in UK?  Pattaya Plod arrested him after information received.  They knew where he lived as he has obviously filled in all the required TM docs.

Maybe crimes were in the UK, but it is naive to think that now he is in Thailand he has stopped offending. The very fact he has chosen to live in Thailand is troubling. Likely the Thai police need to do some investigating of their own.

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Maybe crimes were in the UK, but it is naive to think that now he is in Thailand he has stopped offending. The very fact he has chosen to live in Thailand is troubling. Likely the Thai police need to do some investigating of their own.

agree, especially with another report saying he lived near a school..

26 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Look, I know I;m not the smartest guy in the world, but if the UK want him, why not just freeze his UK bank account. Without funds flowing to Thailand from UK, he  can't stay in Pattaya and would have to return

Freezing of a person's bank account is, in many countries, subject to proof from the authorities that the account holder is laundering money, financing terrorism or that they are the profits from organized crime.  These provisions alone have been the subject of huge debate before being enacted into law.  The legal rigmarole to create powers as you suggest is far more complicated than using current laws to inform police where the offender lives and getting him shipped back.

The quicker option is to post the offender's address on here and see what happens?!

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Lynch mobs are okay? Or does he have to be found guilty first to make it okay.

Chill out.  The first part of my post is explaining the legal problems of freezing someone's bank account, which would suggest the last part was most likely sarcastic and not to be taken seriously.  It was a small dig at the hang 'em high brigade and not my suggested course of action.

The article is not clear where he committed his vile offenses. Thailand needs to liason with major countries and get timely lists of offenders. Why did the UK not revoke his passport? Anyway He never should have been let in in the first place, or should have been denied  extensions In the US if you have a DUI  (drink) driving charge, you can't get into Canada. That sounds little extreme? I hear one can apply for a waiver. 

Drunk drivers, street brawlers, drug sellers, gangster and criminals and of course sexpests and molestors. If scum risk such crimes in developed countries that enjoy a real judicial system and effective law enforcement, what the hell do you expect is likely to HAPPEN WHEN THEY GET TO THAILAND? The quiet life watching tv in bed by 8pm with a cup of warm cocoa?

19 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

The article is not clear where he committed his vile offenses. Thailand needs to liason with major countries and get timely lists of offenders. Why did the UK not revoke his passport? Anyway He never should have been let in in the first place, or should have been denied  extensions In the US if you have a DUI  (drink) driving charge, you can't get into Canada. That sounds little extreme? I hear one can apply for a waiver. 

Drunk drivers, street brawlers, drug sellers, gangster and criminals and of course sexpests and molestors. If scum risk such crimes in developed countries that enjoy a real judicial system and effective law enforcement, what the hell do you expect is likely to HAPPEN WHEN THEY GET TO THAILAND? The quiet life watching tv in bed by 8pm with a cup of warm cocoa?

They understand Thailand more so Pattaya is easy pickings. And Thailand is easy to enter.

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another good reason to let the TM30 remain. Police and immigration have now a data base on peoples abode. Must make it easier to locate offenders living in Thailand. Yeah I'm for it.

90 Day report doesn't cover it?

On 7/30/2019 at 6:55 AM, ChouDoufu said:

hey, doc!  have you done this without including the owners id card and property book?

if only lease and your passport, have you received a receipt yet?  if so, when did you send it and how long did that take?

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another good reason to let the TM30 remain. Police and immigration have now a data base on peoples abode. Must make it easier to locate offenders living in Thailand. Yeah I'm for it.

I strongly doubt he has been a law abiding citizen and reported his whereabouts. TM30. I bet he doesnt want to even know what it is.....But then again.. Come to think about it.... That might be the whole point in enforcing it. By not reporting IM would know you are in country due to TM6, but has not reported ergo you have something to hide ...

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

so why has he still got a passport ?

"it" is probably a retired Judge or Priest or MP or Lord or Copper or.....,thats why they will not bring back hanging,to many influential people,to much money.

Give "it" to the in-laws or castrate him and "it's" organ in public

10 minutes ago, barney42bb said:

So many qualified investigators here.fastening the noose already.

Hang him by all means with a good prior flogging as well....IF he is found Guilty.... NOT BEFORE,

I understand the concern about false allegations, he is wanted for MULTIPLE offenses over a long period. Seldom the case in false allegations I would guess. Thus the rules even doctors and teachers now must use. Not to be alone with an unrelated child.

When, when, when we will stop simply announcing how much we hate people who commit these crimes. Killing them or hanging them or whatever other punishment is deemed necessary never gets at the cause = What makes people do this????? Perhaps if we could expend our engery searching for causes for this behavior, then and only then could we really protect children. What do we really know based on psychological or physical causes for this behavior? Instead of using our imaginations to come up with ways to kill these people, let's formulate strategies to protect our children. Kill one kill two kill three, there will be more perpetrators. 

Skallywag I think you have a most interesting comment about DNA if we could in fact know if genetics is a cause, but what if the causes are environment as well as genetics?

Archived