BANGKOK
webfact

Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Norman Lunt, 80, was apprehended

Wonder if Lunt was the Thai translation ?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mitkof Island said:

Not true the number #1 countries in my opinion is always Germany And Sweden

Some evidence, a statistic or only your personal feeling without any facts?

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

So you think the people they have to hide something will follow the laws?

He did. I believe. Hence why they caught him.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Doesn't this suggest the crimes were committed in UK?  Pattaya Plod arrested him after information received.  They knew where he lived as he has obviously filled in all the required TM docs.

Maybe crimes were in the UK, but it is naive to think that now he is in Thailand he has stopped offending. The very fact he has chosen to live in Thailand is troubling. Likely the Thai police need to do some investigating of their own.

Edited by champers
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Maybe crimes were in the UK, but it is naive to think that now he is in Thailand he has stopped offending. The very fact he has chosen to live in Thailand is troubling. Likely the Thai police need to do some investigating of their own.

agree, especially with another report saying he lived near a school..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Look, I know I;m not the smartest guy in the world, but if the UK want him, why not just freeze his UK bank account. Without funds flowing to Thailand from UK, he  can't stay in Pattaya and would have to return

Freezing of a person's bank account is, in many countries, subject to proof from the authorities that the account holder is laundering money, financing terrorism or that they are the profits from organized crime.  These provisions alone have been the subject of huge debate before being enacted into law.  The legal rigmarole to create powers as you suggest is far more complicated than using current laws to inform police where the offender lives and getting him shipped back.

The quicker option is to post the offender's address on here and see what happens?!

8 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

The quicker option is to post the offender's address on here and see what happens?

Lynch mobs are okay? Or does he have to be found guilty first to make it okay.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Lynch mobs are okay? Or does he have to be found guilty first to make it okay.

Chill out.  The first part of my post is explaining the legal problems of freezing someone's bank account, which would suggest the last part was most likely sarcastic and not to be taken seriously.  It was a small dig at the hang 'em high brigade and not my suggested course of action.

• Thanks 1

The article is not clear where he committed his vile offenses. Thailand needs to liason with major countries and get timely lists of offenders. Why did the UK not revoke his passport? Anyway He never should have been let in in the first place, or should have been denied  extensions In the US if you have a DUI  (drink) driving charge, you can't get into Canada. That sounds little extreme? I hear one can apply for a waiver. 

Drunk drivers, street brawlers, drug sellers, gangster and criminals and of course sexpests and molestors. If scum risk such crimes in developed countries that enjoy a real judicial system and effective law enforcement, what the hell do you expect is likely to HAPPEN WHEN THEY GET TO THAILAND? The quiet life watching tv in bed by 8pm with a cup of warm cocoa?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dirty bugger! 

Figures he'd be dressed in a Wife - Beater 

Edited by Boon Mee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If that's the punishment you want, what would you give murders?

The same.......

19 minutes ago, Date Masamune said:

The article is not clear where he committed his vile offenses. Thailand needs to liason with major countries and get timely lists of offenders. Why did the UK not revoke his passport? Anyway He never should have been let in in the first place, or should have been denied  extensions In the US if you have a DUI  (drink) driving charge, you can't get into Canada. That sounds little extreme? I hear one can apply for a waiver. 

Drunk drivers, street brawlers, drug sellers, gangster and criminals and of course sexpests and molestors. If scum risk such crimes in developed countries that enjoy a real judicial system and effective law enforcement, what the hell do you expect is likely to HAPPEN WHEN THEY GET TO THAILAND? The quiet life watching tv in bed by 8pm with a cup of warm cocoa?

They understand Thailand more so Pattaya is easy pickings. And Thailand is easy to enter.

If you look at his FB profile, you can see him holding a young child with a big grin on his face. 

Sickening! 🤮

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1