Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

webfact

Singapore would probably give him a Good Taste of the Rattan Cane.

would like to see that done to this mongrel if convicted, then have him spend a few months in a Thai Jail and if he’s still breathing, deport him to the UK for further trewtment.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Maybe, just maybe it is the UK authorities only recently "discovered that the suspect was in Pattaya" and he was only arrested sometime in the past 24 hours?

He had a passport before he left for Thailand and he was presumably being investigated for these crimes before he left the UK. If you are being investigated for such crimes I would have thought the first thing the police do is to take your passport away and have it revoked.

8 minutes ago, Torrens54 said:

Singapore would probably give him a Good Taste of the Rattan Cane.

would like to see that done to this mongrel if convicted, then have him spend a few months in a Thai Jail and if he’s still breathing, deport him to the UK for further trewtment.

I often wish the laws here were like Singapore that would thin out the foreign population by a few hundred thousand

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Yet some "religious" sects in the middle east allow marriage of 8 year old girls,

In the Philippines, the age of consent is 12 years old.

Rules / laws that should be abolished IMO. 

18 years should be the worldwide legal age.

If pedofilia could be genetically engineered out of human DNA, the world would be a better place

Sorry but I disagree with your somewhat Anericanised take on the age of consent.

In my country it is 16. Perhaps we are more mature?

There is no religious "sect" in the Middle East, it is called Islam.

I think 16 is adequate in the West with less developed countries perhaps being able to go to 14.

I do agree that 8 is too young although some girls do think of themselves old enough to be wives.

A Westerner must resist temptation and hold himself to the laws of his own country. Australia expects this and it is fair enough.

Once in Manila I was approached by 2 young women somewhere between 12 and 18 years old who looked very young. They suggested that I could have them both for about A$12.50.

I had a stepdaughter aged 16 at the time and it filled me with sadness to see them in front of me. It hung around me like a fog for weeks after.

I wished that there had been something that I could have done to help.

I do have to say that a female ancestor of mine was married at 12, in 1812.

She produced a line of strong female decendants who carried their ancestor's maiden name. Long before it became fashionable.

My mother was one of them although her's was used as a 3rd Christian name.

Early marriage may not always be harmful to the female and I am loathe to force my opinions on others. Circumstances affect the situation.

Certainly those 2 young girls in Manila may have been better off married to good men of their own.

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

Daily news say 9 kids 

His addreess in pattaya is 

128/43 Moo 10 Nongprue Banglamung

Near the Wat Boonsampan school and Tara International School. 

Soi Kao Talo / Soi Koi Noi area.

0BFAA902-0DDB-453D-BDC0-4B61EEA47193.jpeg

Except he’s no longer there and won’t be going forward given he’ll be extradited. So how has your post helped?

46 minutes ago, jingjai9 said:

When, when, when we will stop simply announcing how much we hate people who commit these crimes. Killing them or hanging them or whatever other punishment is deemed necessary never gets at the cause = What makes people do this????? Perhaps if we could expend our engery searching for causes for this behavior, then and only then could we really protect children. What do we really know based on psychological or physical causes for this behavior? Instead of using our imaginations to come up with ways to kill these people, let's formulate strategies to protect our children. Kill one kill two kill three, there will be more perpetrators. 

Skallywag I think you have a most interesting comment about DNA if we could in fact know if genetics is a cause, but what if the causes are environment as well as genetics?

It’s the repetitive,mindless,unoriginal suggestions as to what to do with him that I wish could also be eliminated from the gene pool. ???? 

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Look, I know I;m not the smartest guy in the world, but if the UK want him, why not just freeze his UK bank account. Without funds flowing to Thailand from UK, he  can't stay in Pattaya and would have to return

Because there is a proper process to follow- you cannot start that sort of suggestion given no guilt has been proven. Extradition to answer the charges is that process and is clearly working here.

7 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I don't want to google for the results - but the UK/US does seem to be the main source of paedophiles ! Its nearly always one of those countries involved - Why is that ?

Another curse of the rise of the internet ?

If it’s an unfamiliar issue to you, I’m thinking that before you make a claim like this, you really should google for results.

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Yet some "religious" sects in the middle east allow marriage of 8 year old girls,

If pedofilia could be genetically engineered out of human DNA, the world would be a better place

Probably can be engineered, but that would never be allowed by the elite pedo's. Taking away their hobby tss tss.

8 hours ago, Skallywag said:

There are many differing opinions on an infinite number of topics. 

The world is full of abhorrent beliefs, cultures, religions and socioeconomic policies.

Is it right to ride a motorcycle with one hand on the accelerator and the other cradling a small child?

This old fella may have done something grotesquely illegal, but he’s innocent until proved otherwise.

Genetically modify humans! 

1 minute ago, Snackbar said:

This old fella may have done something grotesquely illegal, but he’s innocent until proved otherwise.

Not according to the previous comments...and fairly sure that little coin phrase doesn't apply to aliens abroad.

8 hours ago, SammyT said:

I would argue in many cases sexual offending against children is probably a more severe crime than murder. It can be perpetrated against the same victim more than once, it can be perpetrated against more than one victim, it is generally calculated, destroys a kids innocence (causing ongoing issues such as self harm, drug abuse etc) and is perpetrated against the most vulnerable in society. 

I'm not a huge fan of capital punishment for murder, but I am for many repeat kiddy fiddlers

Very well argued position.  Murder comes in many shapes and sizes whereas a paedophile who actually abuses children (rather than just looks at images on the internet) repeatedly, deserves everything they get.

However I don't agree with hanging and quite honestly at the age of eighty this moron might just think "Oh well, I've had a good innings and nothing much to look forward to anyway".  For that reason I would take a different approach.  Full castration removing all genitalia and then have him pee into a colostomy bag for the rest of his sorry life.  Then simply put him in an un-sectioned prison and let the inmates make every day hell for him.  Then he may reflect on his crimes before taking his inevitable self inflicted exit.

80 years old, would he actually be able to commit rape at that age? If proven, throw the book at him, but is there proof?

I knew somebody who was accused of rape by a family member he was of an age where it had to be a lie, he was incontinent and unable to care for himself let alone commit rape. But once accused in the eyes of most you must be guilty. 

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If it was your daughter, what would you want ? 

Rehabilitate him ?

How about separate him from his manhood permanently? I'm sure that keep him away from his activity's. 

1 minute ago, forqalso said:

Wow, multiple post asking for the lynching of someone yet to stand trial. And someone even posting the accused man’s address. How is that acceptable on this forum?  

In the civilized world all pedophiles are registered and monitored by the police, but not here in Thailand. Good to know his address so people in the neighborhood can keep their children safe and keep him away from schools and playgrounds.

9 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Should? On your say so?

9 hours ago, SammyT said:

I would argue in many cases sexual offending against children is probably a more severe crime than murder. It can be perpetrated against the same victim more than once, it can be perpetrated against more than one victim, it is generally calculated, destroys a kids innocence (causing ongoing issues such as self harm, drug abuse etc) and is perpetrated against the most vulnerable in society. 

I'm not a huge fan of capital punishment for murder, but I am for many repeat kiddy fiddlers

Your logic is wrong.  Plenty of vicims of abuse recover and go on to have productive happy lives. Many, apparently, become hollywood actors and media figures. The murder victim however,  is snuffed out for eternity.  But even murderers should not be executed. Too much police corruption and incompetence especially in USA and UK.

Is this really true? Did he do it?  As despicable as the crime is, I do not know that he is guilty. Therefore I find it unfair to condemn him now. 

Generally, I feel that castration followed by incarceration for life is a just punishment for such crimes. 

16 minutes ago, bander said:

In the civilized world all pedophiles are registered and monitored by the police, but not here in Thailand. Good to know his address so people in the neighborhood can keep their children safe and keep him away from schools and playgrounds.

The point is, he hasn’t been convicted of any of these charges, yet.  I’m not sure how having his address published will keep him away from a playground.  If anything, it’ll force him to move someplace where the neighbors don’t know of the accusations. 

Worse case scenario, he is murdered by a vigilante and later proven innocent.  Just wait for the trial.

Archived