Pattaya: Thai police arrest eighty year old Brit on sexual assault charges

webfact

59 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Wow, multiple post asking for the lynching of someone yet to stand trial. And someone even posting the accused man’s address. How is that acceptable on this forum?  

Yes, I was shocked also.

An elderly British gentlemen just trying to enjoy his later years being accused and rushed to judgement for these crimes?

Do not get it..

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Except he’s no longer there and won’t be going forward given he’ll be extradited. So how has your post helped?

Good to warn the local children. 

Safety first.

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

80 years old, would he actually be able to commit rape at that age? If proven, throw the book at him, but is there proof?

I knew somebody who was accused of rape by a family member he was of an age where it had to be a lie, he was incontinent and unable to care for himself let alone commit rape. But once accused in the eyes of most you must be guilty. 

And I know an eighty year old who still enjoys the girls of Pattaya on a regular basis.  Some eighty year olds still having kids!  Age tends to be defined by a number but in reality it is more to do with lifestyle and how lucky you are health wise.  I certainly intend to still being enjoying the pleasures of the flesh when my age tops 80!

8 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I agree I'd think 16 would be more realistic if it were an international set standard. Before we lynch him let's put him though the court system eh? 

16 year old girl with 80 year old man?

13 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

Even if you are 50.....60......70.......and especially 80, isn’t 18 or 20 young enough to satisfy your degenerative desires?

He needs to be in general population in a western prison.........where his life expectancy will be no more than 24 hrs.

18 to 20 sounds fine.  But let's not forget western men have always had the door open to, and to some extent the "marketing" of, Lolita's in some form.  The classic role play outfits often involved schoolgirl or French maid.  The saucy old postcards showing the headmaster with cane and schoolgirl bent over showing her knickers.  All crude slapstick stuff that stereotypes men in general and in just about all cases the "schoolgirls" are well into their twenties.  So why use that as an attraction?  Doesn't work for me at all but then I even hate thongs and crutchless undie's, preferring schoolgirl type knickers!  Oh no, does that make me a pervert? ????

I suspect that he will try and commit suicide, thereby evading justice. I would gladly pay a million baht for one hour with this pervert, a few stanley knives and a blowtorch should do it.

Complete and utter scumbag, prison is too good for someone like that. 

Now even more Thais are going to think that farang ex-pats are child molesters, I genuinely hope this guy dies in extreme pain. It only takes one to taint the rest of us, once trust is lost it is incredibly hard to regain. Can't blame the Thais for restricting their immigration policies when this kind of stuff is happening.

Thankfully he has been apprehended before he commits more vile acts! Seemingly OAP's are not safe around children and as his actions are deplorable he needs to have his bits removed and pickled and placed in a Jar in his cell to remind him of his sickening sordid acts! As the saying goes "With Friends like him who needs enemies"

7 minutes ago, Alphy said:

Thankfully he has been apprehended before he commits more vile acts! Seemingly OAP's are not safe around children and as his actions are deplorable he needs to have his bits removed and pickled and placed in a Jar in his cell to remind him of his sickening sordid acts! As the saying goes "With Friends like him who needs enemies"

That may be true of you if you are an OAP (Old Aged Pensioner), but I suspect - LIKE ME - the vast majority of OAP's - both Male and Female are MORE than safe around children...

13 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

If that's the punishment you want, what would you give murders?

Exactly the same. 

If if someone has proven themselves to be so extremely harmful to society remove them from society in a which does not financially burden society. 

For unequivocal guilt where there exists no question, no doubt - a simple, quick, painless & quiet death is a just response. Remove cold blooded rapists & murdered from society in the simplest manner.

1 hour ago, SteveK said:

Now even more Thais are going to think that farang ex-pats are child molesters 

No they won’t. 

Fortunately Thai’s are not stupid... 

For the most part we [Western Foreigners] are treated individually based on our own merits or at the least with an equal indifference.

The ability of the Thai population in general not to judge us [foreigners] by the lowest common denominator is something I’ve always admired and been thankful for.  

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

No they won’t. 

Fortunately Thai’s are not stupid... 

For the most part we [Western Foreigners] are treated individually based on our own merits or at the least with an equal indifference.

The ability of the Thai population in general not to judge us [foreigners] by the lowest common denominator is something I’ve always admired and been thankful for.  

What part of Thailand are you living in?

14 hours ago, SammyT said:

I would argue in many cases sexual offending against children is probably a more severe crime than murder. It can be perpetrated against the same victim more than once, it can be perpetrated against more than one victim, it is generally calculated, destroys a kids innocence (causing ongoing issues such as self harm, drug abuse etc) and is perpetrated against the most vulnerable in society. 

I'm not a huge fan of capital punishment for murder, but I am for many repeat kiddy fiddlers

As the child victim of a sexual predator, I am glad it was that instead of murder (if I can use the word "glad" over what happened).  I have lived a full life and now have twin daughters of my own, two sweet girls who never would have existed had the predator chosen murder instead of rape.

17 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Look, I know I;m not the smartest guy in the world, but if the UK want him, why not just freeze his UK bank account. Without funds flowing to Thailand from UK, he  can't stay in Pattaya and would have to return

Until they knew he was in Thailand that would not have been necessary. It is possible he moved sufficient funds quickly on arriving, although doing well to get a bank account these days. 

22 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another good reason to let the TM30 remain. Police and immigration have now a data base on peoples abode. Must make it easier to locate offenders living in Thailand. Yeah I'm for it.

Horrible argument. Throw the book at the paedo, sure. Saddle everyone else with 24 hour surveillance as if they were all on a potential sex offender's register, gimme a break. 

Archived