Video: Taxi driver threatens motorist with gun on the highway

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Taxi driver going to work, check,Keys,bottle water,snack,gun or matchet ,OK

they must all carry some form of weapon.

regards Worgeordie

important to have a gun should a passenger insist on using the meter

23 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Just heard today on CNN that 109 people were shot dead every day in 2017 on the streets in the USA.

So, a ways to go yet for Thailand to catch up.

Yes, in poor inner cities infested with gangs and drugs. Nothing new.

Did CNN also mention how many taxi drivers pulled guns on passing cars? 

I agree the taxi driver was in the wrong but the driver in the white Mirage is an idiot too. Driving in the middle lane very slowly trying to intimidate the taxi driver. I don't understand why drivers like this have to cut people off or disrupt the rest of the road just because they get a tad upset.

26 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

and if a farang did this pictures posted on ever media page 

10,000.00 fine and sent packing for 5 years not to return 

Exactly insyant man hunt but the taxi driver nothing will happen too. Im with another guy on here. As soon as i get my shit done I need toi ill be gone too. Ive had it with everything  going on now. Violence getting worse and more out of control immigration rules government and exchange rates just don't make it a worthwhile place anymore. More hassle and stress thrn what its worth. 

Fully understandable from the taxi driver. He simply just 'lost face' which is a valid excuse here, just like the government worker who did exactly the same near Chaeng Watthana not long ago. 

This always solves a 'lost face' issue. 

gbh008a1.jpg.38c752044349d78d966c441c934318dc.jpg

9 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Taxi driver going to work, check,Keys,bottle water,snack,gun or matchet ,OK

they must all carry some form of weapon.

regards Worgeordie

It's important for a taxi driver to protect himself against unknown cars who drive beside and looking at his behavior, pointing a gun helps from "losing face"

1 hour ago, brian2f2f said:

Exactly insyant man hunt but the taxi driver nothing will happen too. Im with another guy on here. As soon as i get my shit done I need toi ill be gone too. Ive had it with everything  going on now. Violence getting worse and more out of control immigration rules government and exchange rates just don't make it a worthwhile place anymore. More hassle and stress thrn what its worth. 

So we'll put you down as a leaver not a remainer. OK?

1 hour ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its Safer than London or the USA.  Whats your point?

The point is it isn't safer, some 1,700 road deaths per year as opposed to 20,000 and that is died at the scene <deleted>.

We were burgled 3 times in 10 years even though we had 2 dogs, security cameras and metal window guards, wife was assaulted twice walking from the shops, police response ? Thailand not good for lady walking alone !

Most crime in Thailand is not even reported due to total lack of interest from the Bib unless something in it for them.

So safer, exactly how?

God bless them. 

You have to laugh. 

It wouldn't be Thailand without at least one taxi story each week. 

Urination,  defecation,  theft, assault,  fare gouging. 

But armed threats are taking it bit too far.

Has to be al least 6 wais plus fine.

40 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

The point is it isn't safer, some 1,700 road deaths per year as opposed to 20,000 and that is died at the scene <deleted>.

We were burgled 3 times in 10 years even though we had 2 dogs, security cameras and metal window guards, wife was assaulted twice walking from the shops, police response ? Thailand not good for lady walking alone !

Most crime in Thailand is not even reported due to total lack of interest from the Bib unless something in it for them.

So safer, exactly how?

he has no clue about crime in thailand as most expats and tourists, in their minds (never been victim and never seen crime = safe) despite all the reports of tourists being stabbed,shot, attacked, raped, murdered etc

but ofc they are expats and live here they know as much as an thai would ????????, how in the world would they know? they cant read thai and do not watch thai news everyday.... 

and as you said most crimes is unreported, we had break ins and bikes stolen from us police did not even bother, they said in the phone call that they would swing by our house, they never came or called back. the difference is, in UK the national language is English, and there everyone can read news and such, but little harder in thailand too see what goes on around the country.

6 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

God bless them. 

You have to laugh. 

It wouldn't be Thailand without at least one taxi story each week. 

Urination,  defecation,  theft, assault,  fare gouging. 

But armed threats are taking it bit too far.

Has to be al least 6 wais plus fine.

lmao, taxis are regulary in news for guns and machetes at least in thai news, they kill each other often also

Archived