No more fast track coupon

merijn

I have a question,

Most of the time i arrive in business class and until recently i always received the fast track coupon on leaving the airplane.

But a few weeks ago i did not get one and after asking they informed that the coupons are not used anymore on arrival ?

As i had to do the domestic transfer immigration i was not worried but i was wondering for the next time.

Is it correct that they don't use fast track coupons anymore on arrival ? and how do they now check if you are eligible for fast track ?

You must have been on Thai Airways. They haven't used the fast track coupons for many years (all other airlines provide them to business class passengers). You just proceed to the special Thai Airways immigration lane and show your boarding pass.

2 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

You must have been on Thai Airways. They haven't used the fast track coupons for many years (all other airlines provide them to business class passengers). You just proceed to the special Thai Airways immigration lane and show your boarding pass.

No This was on BA (British Airways) and i know about Thai Airways not using fast track coupons.

But supposedly non of the other airlines are using coupons anymore.

Many airlines around the world have stopped issuing priority landing cards not just for arriving in Thailand. I don't know why. Guess they assume passengers are aware there are (usually) special queues for premium class arrivals.

Also I think people are more aware nowadays that they need to retain their boarding pass, not just leave it in the seat pocket as was common in the past.

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Good information...hols onto that boarding pass!

Indeed, Not throwing it away anymore if you have a paper BD. (which i normally always do)

I suppose that this also works with boarding passes which are stored on your phone. (like for BA)

5 minutes ago, geisha said:

I was told by emirates to ask the hostess before landing.

Long time ago (several years) the fast track cards would be on the plane and handed out before landing.

Later this is changed to handing out the cards by the ground staff at embarking the plane.

And now they don't use the cards at all anymore. (what i understand)

This change happened probable due to the fact that there was a lively trade in second hand cards on the Internet and airport staff.

Yes I can confirm that this has changed in June. Now only business/first class passengers holding a physical boarding pass (mobile phone boarding passes are being rejected at the entrance) are allowed to use the "Fast Track" lane (as well as monks and Elite Visa card holders). They will be checked before the entrance to the fast track lane by staff.

17 hours ago, merijn said:

No This was on BA (British Airways) and i know about Thai Airways not using fast track coupons.

But supposedly non of the other airlines are using coupons anymore.

Interesting! So we just show our boarding pass now, I guess. Must be a relatively recent change, they were still giving them out on China Airlines when I flew in Jan. Well, I'll see it for myself in a few weeks!

As a 'gold' member of Qatar Airways frequent flyer club, I was given a fast track card as usual just before we landed at BKK. However, when I got to the immigration officer he refused me as I had an economy ticket. I had to do the walk of shame back to the big queue. 

The immigration officer there reckoned the fast track guys were wrong. I decided to email Qatar Air and they verified that it was a Swampy immigration decision to only allow Business and First through the fast track and it was out of their hands.

On 8/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, a10ams said:

As a 'gold' member of Qatar Airways frequent flyer club, I was given a fast track card as usual just before we landed at BKK. However, when I got to the immigration officer he refused me as I had an economy ticket. I had to do the walk of shame back to the big queue. 

The immigration officer there reckoned the fast track guys were wrong. I decided to email Qatar Air and they verified that it was a Swampy immigration decision to only allow Business and First through the fast track and it was out of their hands.

I'm refused already a few times fast track even i'm gold but was traveling in Economy on Qatar.

I believe this is changed already a long time ago as it was the same for Emirates. (refused fast track for gold members)

On 8/9/2019 at 5:43 PM, elgenon said:

Why would you throw away your boarding pass? When I haven't received my miles I've had to send in a copy of my boarding pass to get credit.

Depends on the airline, For Qatar you don't need the BP to claim the missing miles.

Only the booking code is enough.

Same for BA, no paper BD issued or required for flying or claiming missing miles.

On 8/8/2019 at 9:35 AM, thedemon said:

Many airlines around the world have stopped issuing priority landing cards not just for arriving in Thailand. I don't know why. Guess they assume passengers are aware there are (usually) special queues for premium class arrivals.

Also I think people are more aware nowadays that they need to retain their boarding pass, not just leave it in the seat pocket as was common in the past.

Only an idiot would leave their boarding pass in the seat pocket. I say this for a number of reasons. One you're letting the whole world know your identity. Two, you may need it to show to immigration anyway (this depends on the country) and three to claim missing frequent flyer points.

I've always retained my boarding pass without exception, for one or more of these reasons.

11 hours ago, merijn said:

I'm refused already a few times fast track even i'm gold but was traveling in Economy on Qatar.

I believe this is changed already a long time ago as it was the same for Emirates. (refused fast track for gold members)

I'm also Emirates Gold.  Fast Track airport usage is not a privilege so not sure why you expected this.  No matter the airline, no airport will give you fast track security / immigration based on your airline membership status - that would be ridiculous.

12 hours ago, drbeach said:

boarding pass

12 hours ago, drbeach said:

Two, you may need it to show to immigration anyway

Yes, the immigration officer, wanted to see my boarding pass, for the flight I came on, when I entered at the beginning of June. Two people that were in front of me, were still there searching their pockets for their's, as I was going through.

I got a fast track exit mid May, but the Qatar staff said Economy tickets can no longer get them, when exiting at the end of July.....

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

I'm also Emirates Gold.  Fast Track airport usage is not a privilege so not sure why you expected this.  No matter the airline, no airport will give you fast track security / immigration based on your airline membership status - that would be ridiculous.

Sure they do:

Oneworld.jpg

21 hours ago, merijn said:

Depends on the airline, For Qatar you don't need the BP to claim the missing miles.

Only the booking code is enough.

Same for BA, no paper BD issued or required for flying or claiming missing miles.

That's much better. For Cathay I had to send them the boarding pass. I thought this was stupid as they have a record of me paying for the ticket and checking in. One of the reasons they lost their standing besides deteriorating aircraft etc. I guess they were so incompetent they couldn't access their records. Supposed to be better these days. But happy my flight (different airline) hasn't been canceled because of the protests.

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 9:51 PM, josephbloggs said:

No matter the airline, no airport will give you fast track security / immigration based on your airline membership status - that would be ridiculous.

That is nonsense. In fact it is the Thai Immigration as they are uncable to solve the minor problem with underground fast track deals, who stopped this privilege which I got from 3 Airlines.

Has nothing to do with the airlines whereas I would expect them to be more active for their loyal customers.

Full blame goes to the genius of Thai Immigration. Wonder, next time when a bank is robbed why they do not close all banks to avoid those crimes?

Archived