Meeting with immigration about TM30 and the latest news about the petition

38 minutes ago, Xaos said:

The dumbest part of it for me as a person with an year extension is that u have to report 24h in advance to immigration if u going to other province. Like I want travel for leisure Samui Krabi Phuket or whatever and have to report this. If Im correct. 

I am going to Pattaya next month and asked my local office if I had to report to immigration there and was told no as the hotel has to do that .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keith101 said:

I am going to Pattaya next month and asked my local office if I had to report to immigration there and was told no as the hotel has to do that .

Yeah that's the TM30. There are other clauses in immigration act that require the alien himself to report to local police with TM28 form. Currently not enforced and some classes of entry like tourists are exempt. There's debate in the other thread if non-imm O's are legally exempt or not.

Wouldn't be surprised if they start enforcing this too in the future. Thank the usual suspects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CRUNCHER said:

Thank you for your effort.

As a landlord I do a TM 30 when a tenant moves in.  After that the tenant is under no obligation to keep me informed as to his movements. How do I know if he leaves Thailand and returns?

Even if he does what happens in I am not in Thailand myself? I might well be traveling with limited internet access. How can a landlord reasonably be responsible after the tenant moves in?

I have done the same in Chiang mai and they told me that the "signee" on the contract is responsible for themselves,family and guests in respect of subsequent TM30 reports. And that is what they do.

• Like 1