Meeting with immigration about TM30 and the latest news about the petition

1 minute ago, Ketyo said:

The TM30 is supported by the Thai government to control the Chinese invasion that has just begun.  These people are unruly and will take over given half a chance rather than integrate. See how Cambodia, Laos and Philippines are suffering. Westerners are just caught in the net. But, because of their arrogance and self-centred sense of superiority, believe they are being targeted.

For a brief moment I thought you were serious.

• Haha 1

I will apologise for not completing the online petition earlier , i wanted to wait until i had my new extension,changed from retirement to marriage. which happened only yesterday. and was told yes if my wife and i go to visit/stay with her adult kids have to tell them when i come back. that ain't gonna happen. i will sign the petition now. and thanks to all your efforts keep up the good work.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I think this petition etc is being presented to the wrong people. It should be directed to Thai tourism. If they know the rules are affecting tourism, they would go in to bat on our behalf. Just give tourism the ammunition and they will fight the fight. Tourism dollars trumps immigration bureaucracy any day.

Long stay expats and their spending gets counted in tourist numbers.

Yes, why not talk to TAT about this? There is one problem,the boss at the TAT he always comes up with fabricated numbers about tourism.

And, expats on long stay or on 1 year extensions are not officially tourists.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Good on you ????????

I’ve posted that the rhetoric about white euro falangs being hated was not true.

i also said, as you’ve reported the rules are attempts to secure the borders and no to drive Europeans out.

Do you really think that the bad guys are submitting TM30? The way the system works now, it doesn't secure any borders. With a few minor changes, we wouldn't have to submit a TM30 after coming back and staying at the same address.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Isaanlawyers said:

On 15th of August, there will be a panel of foreign correspondent. I was invited, Richard Barrow will be there, probably BBC if they are in town, etc. We will discuss of many issues. It is not normal to have laws so complex, rules different from an office to another, so many forms TM6, TM28, TM30, TM47, all information should be clear and concise on their website. After all, tourism is making money for Thailand. Only expats in Isaan bring 9 billion baht to the economy. They have to realize it and I think they do. In Thailand, everything is cha cha....

Here's my example and hope you can use it:

I am a long time stayer in Thailand (25 years so far). I own 2 condos. One in Bangkok and one in  Pattaya. I will visit my Pattaya condo every weekend. To keep law-abiding I will have to report a TM30 104 times a years on top of any TM6, TM47 and annual extension.  That's just too much to ask of long time stayers here.  Hope they listen instead of just saying we need to follow the law. 

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2019 at 1:47 PM, Xaos said:

The dumbest part of it for me as a person with an year extension is that u have to report 24h in advance to immigration if u going to other province. Like I want travel for leisure Samui Krabi Phuket or whatever and have to report this. If Im correct. 

In some provinces you don't have to report when you're leaving and coming back to same address. You just do the 90-days report.

On 8/8/2019 at 1:54 PM, smedly said:

one of the other issues is the need to show balances after you have completed a 12 month extension of stay, 3 months of 800kbaht and a continuous balance of 400kbaht

It was said this was introduced to stop the use of agents getting 12 month extensions for those who could not meet the financial requirements - it seems to have had the opposite effect and was a pointless rules change that now ties up money 800kbaht for almost 6 months   - this is money that would normally be used for living expenses - having it tied up for 3 months was acceptable but this extra strain post 12 extension is pointless.

I personally don't have issue with maintaining a minimum 400k baht 12 months a year as I was doing that anyway and it is always handy to have a slush fund for emergencies

But the 5 months now of 800k baht is just over the top and there is no rational reason for it since the reason for its introduction has not made any difference to the use of agents and backhanders to bypass the financial rules - a simple bankbook check looking back 12 months on next renewal would have provided the same information - you didn't have the funds

The banks in Thailand benefits from this big time. Think about all the money in saving accounts.

13 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Here's my example and hope you can use it:

I am a long time stayer in Thailand (25 years so far). I own 2 condos. One in Bangkok and one in  Pattaya. I will visit my Pattaya condo every weekend. To keep law-abiding I will have to report a TM30 104 times a years on top of any TM6, TM47 and annual extension.  That's just too much to ask of long time stayers here.  Hope they listen instead of just saying we need to follow the law. 

Don’t be too hopeful. I’m in a similar situation, rarely ever in my main home for more than a week

On 8/8/2019 at 2:14 PM, CRUNCHER said:

Thank you for your effort.

As a landlord I do a TM 30 when a tenant moves in.  After that the tenant is under no obligation to keep me informed as to his movements. How do I know if he leaves Thailand and returns?

Even if he does what happens in I am not in Thailand myself? I might well be traveling with limited internet access. How can a landlord reasonably be responsible after the tenant moves in?

Why wouldn't your tenants inform you when they are leaving the country? And you don't have to submit the TM30 in person, you can use someone in your staff,anyone actually.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

In some provinces you don't have to report when you're leaving and coming back to same address. You just do the 90-days report.

http://www.richardbarrow.com/2019/08/bangkok-immigration-want-expats-to-register-their-address-every-time-they-return-from-a-holiday-to-another-province/?fbclid=IwAR1SSUIBhUcY6d9Ar-LF3bmk_W3aM1QJdgGArvfdqDUEd28H0IkgVC66OPs

67664738_473808299845738_3654293290812964864_n.png

I'm probably one of a few hundred thousand Expats who have retired to Thailand, got married to a wonderful Thai Lady and have built a home for our family of four ... Since I(we) have invested at least 1,000,000 baht or more in our home and plan to live the rest of our lives here why not make it easy on us by allowing us to use our property value(1,000,000 Baht) to satisfy the monetary portion of "Marriage O" visa extension

many of us are property owners, why not use the property as the collateral and allow us to use the cash for daily living expenses,

Edited by adam1948
grammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I understand it, the money in the bank/monthly was to show you have enough easily accessible funds to live on ... you can't eat bricks and mortar. Given the amount of real estate that sits for a long time while trying to be sold there is no guarantee that if the proverbial hit the fan you could sell and access funds quickly.

Edited by Salerno
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

First,  thank you for your efforts. Interestingly my Thai wife and I attended the Korat Immigration office last week following my weekend away in Pattaya. We were told that my wife MUST submit a TM30 EVERY time I return home from an inter or intra province or international absence of more than 24 hours. Failure to do so WOULD result in a fine. 

Not quite the same as you were told...!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

That is done either through bilateral agreements with other countries or because of concerns about their citizens. They are not going to write a whole new Immigration Act with sections dependant of where you come from.

If it works in one case, there's not reason it wouldn't in others.

I got the documents from my landlord, went and did my TM30, paid my 800 baht fine. It was chaos, but it's done. Today I called and asked the Immigration Officer which documents would be required of me each time I return home from visiting another province, if I want to report by mail. He basically said "All of them." Another TM30 form, another copy of the landlady's ID, another copy of the land deed, another copy of the rental agreement, and another copy of the "mop amnat" (so someone can do it in place of the landlady). On average, I would be doing this twice a month. Really?

Edited by bud7
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, adam1948 said:

I'm probably one of a few hundred thousand Expats who have retired to Thailand, got married to a wonderful Thai Lady and have built a home for our family of four ... Since I(we) have invested at least 1,000,000 baht or more in our home and plan to live the rest of our lives here why not make it easy on us by allowing us to use our property value(1,000,000 Baht) to satisfy the monetary portion of "Marriage O" visa extension

many of us are property owners, why not use the property as the collateral and allow us to use the cash for daily living expenses,

Because greed and paranoia override common sense

• Like 1

Does yellow house book number appear on condo chanote, or is getting a yellow house book another wasted day at the land office? I have the chanote locked up in a fireproof safe in the US. Is the original required to get the yellow house book? Is my name transliterated to Thai as the last entry on the chanote?

Just so you all know this is not exclusive to Thailand or indeed foreign visitors. My wife and I have just had a holiday in Austria and Germany. In Austria we stayed in an hotel but in Germany we rented a flat via AirBnB and the pleasant young lady who owned the flat said we must complete this form, which she has to present to the authorities if requested. The form asked for our names, address, date of birth and passport number etc. My wife and I are EU citizens so this rule was not just for foreigners. I presume this is all about anti terrorism as undesirables can travel around using AirBnB without the authorities knowing.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

Just so you all know this is not exclusive to Thailand or indeed foreign visitors. My wife and I have just had a holiday in Austria and Germany. In Austria we stayed in an hotel but in Germany we rented a flat via AirBnB and the pleasant young lady who owned the flat said we must complete this form, which she has to present to the authorities if requested. The form asked for our names, address, date of birth and passport number etc. My wife and I are EU citizens so this rule was not just for foreigners. I presume this is all about anti terrorism as undesirables can travel around using AirBnB without the authorities knowing.

At least in Germany there is no requirement to register short term guests

• Sad 1