2 TV's one truevision box

Capealava

We dumped True a few years back, and bought ANDROID BOX. (Need WiFi) One off cost, about 3000thb, and many many hundred TV stations from ALL OVER THE WORLD, same with movies. True was charging us 20 something thousand thb per month, and cutting stations like crazy... I strongly recommend ANDROID ..

5 minutes ago, Matthew2027 said:

We dumped True a few years back, and bought ANDROID BOX. (Need WiFi) One off cost, about 3000thb, and many many hundred TV stations from ALL OVER THE WORLD, same with movies. True was charging us 20 something thousand thb per month, and cutting stations like crazy... I strongly recommend ANDROID ..

20k a month ?????

'AIS Play' is another option if your OK with your TV signal coming in on internet.

If you have or start a normal AIS internet package the AIS Playbox is free and they will come and quickly install it, totally free and zero TV charges per month. If you have a slim TV but it's not a SMART TV the playbox upon connection instantly / automatically converts your TV to be  SMART TV. Installation takes 1 minute or less.

Is you have one AIS Playbox installed in the house (as above) but you want a seperate box for another room then it's 1,000Baht to buy the second box and they will install (1,000 includes installation), plus just 100Baht per month on top of your standard AIS internet bill.

The standard list of channels is pretty good many with dual language, several good news service (not CNN, nor BBC) and easy to switch languages. The Technician set up the Playbox in my bedroom with English as the master / default language (on screen in the screens to select programs etc., and the audio from the channel being watched). Many more interesting channels are available at extra cost (including CNN, BBC world) but very reasonable and very easy to set up.

Just to be clear, if you have an AIS internet package (typical surfing etc., stuff and for your smartphones) there is no additional charge to use it to bring in the internet signal for your TV except if you have a second box, which is 100Baht additional per month. 

An example, we had the 599 a month typical internet package, now it's 699 a month including separate AIS Play boxes in 2 rooms (plus 1,000Baht to buy the second box, one time charge included installation - first box is free). 

We installed the 2 boxes above about 4 months ago, there has been close to zero interruption to the on screen quality and continuity. A few time a slight freeze but for less than a second and automatically fixed. 

Worth a look.  

As DotPoom showed you here, an HDMI splitter would be what your after.
Can go 1 Input to 2/4/8 Outputs.

Many available on AliExpress and various IT malls across the Country.

If you need 2 TV's very far apart, then may look into HDMI Extenders (over Cat 5/6).

Good luck and happy viewing.

2 hours ago, Matthew2027 said:

I have one question about android and satellite systems. How do you know when programs are being shown. Is there a menu or do you just channel surf until you discover something you want to watch.

20 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

No need for WiFi, I use a network cable. 

Better speed. 

That is down to circumstances, I had a network cable when on ADSL but the fiber came in on the other side of the room and changed to wifi.

Most routers have both wifi and ethernet and yes ethernet is faster than wifi but a bit academic, when it comes to video streaming you are at the mercy of the ISP. On ADSL we were lucky to get over 4Mb/s, network cable made little difference.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

ethernet is faster than wifi but a bit academic

It is also more reliable with less data packet loss which can result in stream buffering if using wifi.

A hard wired solution is the most reliable.

On 8/11/2019 at 10:20 AM, Matthew2027 said:

which Android box do you have, bought from Lazada, how much did it cost.... thanks

17 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

It is also more reliable with less data packet loss which can result in stream buffering if using wifi.

A hard wired solution is the most reliable.

If you want to believe a hard wired solution can cure low download speeds that is up to you.

Archived