Non-O Marital Based Visa

Hello. I would be very grateful to anyone who can provide me some information in detail about Non O and marital visa extension.

Me and my fiancee (she is Thai) will sign marriage documents next week and after I want to start applying for Non O and then the marital extension of 1 year. 

Do I need to present the 800k THB 2 months before applying for Marital? If so is it mandatory the sum of money to come from outside the country?

How much time does this sum has to stay inside the account?

Right now we are struggling to open the bank account on both names and we need all this info as we spend a lot of time at Chaeng Wattana but the information given is so vague.

Is it true that Suwannaketh can provide a this type of visa without proof of funds?

I have read here that is possible to open a bank account with going with a pretty big amount of cash straight at the bank office and tell them that I want to deposit. Is this still working?

I mention I am still on a tourist visa.

Thank you and really appreciate any help or advice.

Edited by shvradu

The first thing you will need to get is a single entry non-o visa to apply for an extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

You only need 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months on the day you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. There is no requirement to prove it came from abroad.

You could also a apply for a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet with no financial proof. The multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for one year from the date of issue. You would need to leave the country every 90 days or a new entry.

29 minutes ago, shvradu said:

Do I need to present the 800k THB 2 months before applying for Marital? If so is it mandatory the sum of money to come from outside the country?

How much time does this sum has to stay inside the account?

You shouldn’t have to prove the money comes from outside the country.

For an extension as a spouse (“marital”) it is 400K, and the money must be in your bank account for at least 2 months before the day you apply.

Right now we are struggling to open the bank account on both names and we need all this info as we spend a lot of time at Chaeng Wattana but the information given is so vague.

You should open an account in just your name. Immigration might not accept a joint account.

Is it true that Suwannaketh can provide a this type of visa without proof of funds?

Yes you can get a Single or multiple entry Non-immigrant visa from Savannahket without proof of funds. But even if they wanted to see the funds it can be in a foreign bank account. You only need funds in a Thai bank when applying for the extension of stay.

I have read here that is possible to open a bank account with going with a pretty big amount of cash straight at the bank office and tell them that I want to deposit. Is this still working?

I doesn’t usually make any difference how much you deposit. Bangkok Bank should open a savings account, which is all you need for immigration.

https://www.bangkokbank.com/en/Personal/Other-Services/Foreign-Customers/Bangkok-Bank-Accounts

I mention I am still on a tourist visa.

If you can open a bank and transfer in 400K you can apply for the Non-immigrant visa at immigration. If not you will need to go outside and get the Non O from an embassy/consulate.

Edited by elviajero