Japanese businessman arrested for alleged sex with underage girls

webfact

Japanese businessman arrested for alleged sex with underage girls

By The Nation

800_1412dc672829406.jpg?v=1565247435

Immigration police have arrested a 69-year-old Japanese businessman for allegedly having sex with at least three girls aged under 18 multiple times.

Pol Colonel Setthaphat Na-Songkhla, commander of the Immigration Police Division 4, told a press conference at the Immigration Bureau on Thursday (August 8 ) that Kazuo (full name withheld) was arrested at a hotel in Khon Kaen province on Tuesday.

Police also arrested two Thai men for offering the three girls to the Japanese man. The two suspects were identified only as Phirapong, 57, and Sayumphoo, 54.

Setthaphat said Sayumphoo and Kazuo were arrested when the Thai man was delivering a 17-year-old girl, “C”, to him at the hotel.

Setthaphat said the Immigration division planned the arrest in coordination with Ban Phai Police Station in Muang district. The Ban Phai police had learned that a Japanese man came to a hotel in Khon Kaen several times to buy sex from underage Thai girls.

The police station conducted an investigation and found out that Phirapong allegedly brought the girls for the Japanese man.

Police later located two girls, who allegedly used to sleep with Kazuo. They were identified as “A”, aged 16, and “B”, 15.

“B” told police that she had sex with Kazuo for the first time in the middle of last year and she had sold sex to the man five times until April this year. Each time she was paid Bt10,000, but half of the money was taken by Phirapong.

“A” said she sold sex to Kazuo in May this year at the same rate.

After the two girls identified pictures of Kazuo and Phirapong, police obtained arrest warrants for them.

The Immigration police found out that Kazuo had visited Thailand 15 times last year and 15 times this year. He runs a hotel business in Japan, police said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374482

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-08

So no shortage of underage sex for sale here, especially at the right price.

Doesn't sound like the girls were complaining, right up until the guy was arrested by police.

BTW, I'm not condoning the illegal conduct. Just saying, the girls appear to have been willing sellers.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The Immigration police found out that Kazuo had visited Thailand 15 times last year and 15 times this year. He runs a hotel business in Japan, police said.

How could he enter Thailand 15 times last year and 15 times this year? Surely he would have been pulled up by IO on arrival unless he has Elite or a Non-Imm with m/e.. 

How coincidental that this story should appear today. Today a friend called me, age 73 (not in Thailand). He wanted to tell me why I could not reach him by phone or computer; the police recently seized all of his electronics.

Short version of long story here:

He had been computer communicating with females on the net in what he thought was innocent fun. Three of the contacts admitted to being under 18. Friend, STUPIDLY kept talking. These three turned out to be undercover cops in the USA. DHS alerted Canadian police who arrived at his door in a total of 8 cop cars to arrest him. BTW, friend is impotent, has been for ten years. This was all amusement to him.

Now he has 14 very serious charges on him. What a mess he is in at 73.

6 minutes ago, neeray said:

How coincidental that this story should appear today. Today a friend called me, age 73 (not in Thailand). He wanted to tell me why I could not reach him by phone or computer; the police recently seized all of his electronics.

Short version of long story here:

He had been computer communicating with females on the net in what he thought was innocent fun. Three of the contacts admitted to being under 18. Friend, STUPIDLY kept talking. These three turned out to be undercover cops in the USA. DHS alerted Canadian police who arrived at his door in a total of 8 cop cars to arrest him. BTW, friend is impotent, has been for ten years. This was all amusement to him.

Now he has 14 very serious charges on him. What a mess he is in at 73.

I do not think chatting to under 18 is illegal , perhaps there is more he is not telling you. 

20 minutes ago, BestB said:

I do not think chatting to under 18 is illegal , perhaps there is more he is not telling you. 

It's illegal to groom for sexual purposes in the US and most western countries.

As for the age of consent in Thailand, it's 16.   Prostitution is illegal (and generally ignored) but it is a more serious offence if the person is under 18.  

The sting tactics used online by police in the US are effective, even catching incipient terrorists. More of the same should be employed in Thailand, put the Thai pimps on notice. The underage girls are just victims, people here should stop blaming them.

One of the first times I went to Samui long time ago at a beer bar the Mama was talking "She my daughter (yeah right)  no yet go with man too young". Next time at same bar-beer it was "She 18 you take her OK?" The girl was probably 14 or 15 max.

Legal age of consent is 16 I believe . So 16 year old is not under age technically .

not defending Japanese guy but the 2 thai pimps are by far more guilty than the jap guy in my opinion.

not only they supplied the girls but also profited from it heavily 
If it was prostitution then under 18 is underage.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Lower the age of consent to 16 (like UK) or 14 (like Italy and Spain) or until puberty. Or have some sort of limit on age difference (like Australia has).

not long ago here at TV was a post about the age of consent and it was said to be 16... did it change or is the police just looking for a job (not work)

3 hours ago, owenm said:

How could he enter Thailand 15 times last year and 15 times this year? Surely he would have been pulled up by IO on arrival unless he has Elite or a Non-Imm with m/e.. 

Perhaps they mean he entered the under-aged girls....

10 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Amazes me and age of consent - 14, 16 or 18 or whatever. Some girls are very mature at 16 , some are immature at 18. The fact that you can go to bed as an immature 15 year old on the eve of your 16 birthday and wake up as a mature 16 year  old ready for sex is mad.

Teenager can go to bed with teenager. I think nobody have the problem with that. Is natural.

But you ok about 16 year old girl go with 59 year old for prostitution is ok? Is not natural. 16 year too young to decide this themself, often old people pressure to make money.

Big difference! 

Onemorefarang think is ok same you. He like 16 year old sex worker, think it no problem. 

But is problem.

is good law they not allow. 

I hope dirty Japan man go to jail. He know it wrong sure.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

In the USA chatting with a minor (or supposedly a minor = cop) online will get you arrested. Obviously the cop is not a minor but the culprit thought he was so is guilty of grooming trying to seduce  a supposed minor for sex.

If you violate the law of the land (either this land or your own) you deserve the punishment. There is also morality involved here imo and reading some of these comments sickens me. I hope the people who justify using an underage female for their amusement suffer greatly. I also hope someone informs on you causing your respective governments to go after you and put you in a cage where you belong. I know I wouldn't hesitate contacting Thai authorities or embassies if I saw sexual abuse laws being broken. These animals need to be locked up for life. You want to break laws - break them in your own country you low life examples of human garbage.

28 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

In the USA chatting with a minor (or supposedly a minor = cop) online will get you arrested. Obviously the cop is not a minor but the culprit thought he was so is guilty of grooming trying to seduce  a supposed minor for sex.

Chatting is not the same as grooming.

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

Lower the age of consent to 16 (like UK) or 14 (like Italy and Spain) or until puberty. Or have some sort of limit on age difference (like Australia has).

Resently raised:  The Age of Consent in Spain is 16 years old. The age of consent is the minimum age at which an individual is considered legally old enough to consent to participation in sexual activity.

He should have stayed in Japan but I guess he prefers darker girls :   Japan's federal laws put consent at 13, but prefectural laws vary and can raise consent up to 18 years old. In Thailand, the age is 15, but this seems to apply only to locals.  ----That is  because prior to 1997 when Asian economy tanked there were no laws on books about age of sex with minors. In order for the US to bail them out the countries had to agree to place a law baring any foreigner having sex for pay with a girl/boy under the age of 18.

https://www.scmp.com/article/640645/complexity-age-consent-asia-laid-bare-study

There are many areas in Japan that school girls 13 and up act as tour guides for visitors for money. You can get a tour or much more depending on the girl or money. Older Japan guys have a fetish for school girls like buying  worn panties of the girls and watching them in their short skirts from bottom of stairs.

http://www2.gol.com/users/hefej/

ENJO KOSAI
which translates as subsidized socializing or simply prostitution

sgirl.jpg(S, 18) I started doing Enjo Kosai during my first year at high school. On most of my dates, I had sex. That's the weirdest thing I've ever done meeting someone for the first time and screwing him the same day. I was going to school like usual but I was bored and had no money. So I just left a message about myself on a cyber message board and chose a sex partner from the guys who wrote back. It wasn't hard. 

About 70% of questioned girls between the ages of 15 to 17 linked to acts of prostitution with men whom they met via the mobile phone do not have a sense of guilt in being paid for sex, according to survey results released by the Kyoto prefectural police in July 20, 2002

enjo.gif

7 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

They were cleaning up their own back yard including arresting two Thai pimps.

Somebody else on cloud nine.  When I say clean up Thais own backyard  I meant this from wiki

" In Thailand, the exact number of child-prostitutes is not known, but Thailand’s Health System Research Institute reports that children in prostitution make up 40% of prostitutes in Thailand. "

Now most of that is by Thais on Thais , absolutely perverts and disgusting. So the Thai backyards are large and 2 pimps is hardly clearing up the Thai male perversion of underage sex is it ?  As I said many Thais are absolute hypocrites when insinuating male foreigners are the worst when in fact 98% of sex crimes in Thailand as reported are by male Thais on Thais.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Doesn't sound like the girls were complaining, right up until the guy was arrested by police.

BTW, I'm not condoning the illegal conduct. Just saying, the girls appear to have been willing sellers.

Agreed.  We all seem to be obsessed with numbers.  "This is Lek and she is 17 years old. You can have sex with her for 10,000 Baht now or wait until her birthday on Friday and pay 1,000 baht."  No doubt this Lek will try her hardest to stay 17 for as long as she can.

Alternatively just head for the bars in Pattaya where there are plenty of 17 year olds telling you they are 18 or 19.  The younger girls often borrow older girls id cards, usually cousins and sisters etc.  Ironic then that these 16/17 year olds dress themselves up to look older and work in the bars in places like Pattaya when the "pervy" blokes would pay them much more to just look their age.

21 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Or exploited by poverty, and the older pimps who possibly also abusing them from an early age

1 hour ago, Yinn said:

Teenager can go to bed with teenager. I think nobody have the problem with that

so to understand you correctly..... by your standards, teenage girls are mature to have sex with teenage boys but not mature to have sex with OLDER man/boys, either they are mature or are not mature regardless the boys/man's age

7 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

so to understand you correctly..... by your standards, teenage girls are mature to have sex with teenage boys but not mature to have sex with OLDER man/boys, either they are mature or are not mature regardless the boys/man's age

Their is huge power imbalance between a 16 yr old and a 50/60/70 year old.

Just now, RJRS1301 said:

Their is huge power imbalance between a 16 yr old and a 50/60/70 year old.

I didn't wrote about specific age/numbers, the post was subjective thus subjective answer

11 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

Think you misunderstand, its called Thai hypocrisy . That means Thai males can have sex with underage children but for foreigners that means Thais can claim it is not right.  Of course for civilized and mature people we know that both are wrong.

Archived