Sent back to lao

Here are my story I have come to Thailand over 15 years never problem I always have my visa straight 2years ago I arrived at Suvarnabhum airport for meet a new lady ( my gf) now I ofcores had tourists visa and go lao Vientiane for make new visa I did it 2times so now it is 1 year after that I did 2times visa run to Cambodia 

1 year and 4 months and I want go home Europe but my gf lose our baby (4months pregnant) so I fly to  lao and return few days after no problem we want to get married so we fly lao for make non o visa but I need a tourist visa first they said but here is my problem I need go home next month anyway because business so we decided to just spend some nice holiday in lao for returning to Don muang airport 

Here the problem start I get put in a office and told I can't come in Thailand because to long time in Thailand I said why that's a problem I always keep my visa straight they ask me I have money and ofcores I show 25.000 baht in cash and my income letter and my contact for my apartment and said my credit card I left at my apartment  I knew something was wrong but I had not do anything wrong I quickly said to my gf go back apartment and I  will contact her she said no I stay 

Immigration don't want let me in and want send me back to lao for make tourists visa I said why why can I not just buy a ticket home now but no they put me in a cell in airport and force me to sign papers in thai if not they will put me in jail so I sign and again forced to buy ticket to lao with Air Asia I ask for my passport but don't get it before I landed in lao today and here come the surprise I get stamps where it says I don't have money and it was a land border not airport I will add some pictures so your guy's can see I not lie but with that stam I can't go embassy Thailand and get any visa now they lie and fucck me up big time why.....  Because I have a Thai gf????  

Now my gf and me decided to sell everything and go live in Laos or Philippines soon she coming to lao with my medicine and my credit card here immigration is friendly and just cancelled my exit from Laos so I just can stay one the first entry and said they know Thailand is bad and send meny back also people with fake passport 

Be careful now Thailand will do everything for kick us farangs out... 

1565268337806772292074.jpg

1565268446644427900341.jpg

Edited by Henrik Andersen
  • Sad 4

Are you sure that you had 25k THB with you? They stamped reasons 2 and 9. Usually if you show money they would only stamp reason 2, because that's not so easy to refute.

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

here come the surprise I get stamps where it says I don't have money and it was a land border not airport

You were denied at DMK, i would say this is an airport and not a land border.

They are known to cause problems and should be avoided in situations like yours

Why do you give us wrong information?

Edited by jackdd
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My condolences. Your English is not great, but I get the gist of your experience. What is not clear is what you say about immigration saying "it being a land border". Are there stamps that support that?

My guess is that you can return to Thailand via the Friendship Bridge as long as you do not already have two visa exempt entries by land in 2019.

• Like 1

Did you get a tourist visa at the Thai embassy in Vientiane or were you attempting to enter visa exempt to get a 30 day entry.

If you have a tourist visa I suggest you try entering Thailand by crossing the bridge to Nong Khai.

Have you done 2 visa exempt entries at a land border crossing this year. If not you could enter visa exempt at the bridge.

You were denied entry under section 12 clause 9 of the immigration act.

"9. Having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under him"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

Are you sure that you had 25k THB with you? They stamped reasons 2 and 9. Usually if you show money they would only stamp reason 2, because that's not so easy to refute.

You were denied at DMK, i would say this is an airport and not a land border.

They are known to cause problems and should be avoided in situations like yours

Why do you give us wrong information?

Yes I am sure I have the money... 

And what wrong info I give... 

10 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

The stamp saying in Thai I have no money and crossed land border 

I think somebody is misreading the stamp in Thai. It does not state where you entered the country on it.

You clearly entered at a airport.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think somebody is misreading the stamp in Thai. It does not state where you entered the country on it.

You clearly entered at a airport.

Ur rigth.Dont blame IMM3 if ur not a genuine tourist.I been to thailand 63 times.NEVER EVER any problems in the airport or at chong chom.(surin)Many change their names etc and think their smart.

My experience is that the immigration is polite and if they asking me something im allways honest.

I speak thai wery well.Sometimes they ask why im coming,and i use to say "ma ha gig"(come see my mistress)and they as how many "gig"i have..i say 20-30.. then they laughing and telling other counters what im saying.I have nothing to hide.Many complain,but its a reason why IMM3 do as they doing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Sorry this happened to you, the world seems to be cracking down on immigration not only here. 

Thank the terrorist group isis and internet disruption to tax collection for it since that is why all this immigration panic began in many countries.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Thank the terrorist group isis and internet disruption to tax collection for it since that is why all this immigration panic began in many countries.

Some people are blaming the Thai authorities heavy-handed immigration approach on those poor old Indians. They only want to glue you together a really lovely suit at a super cheap price, why can't they stay?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

The stamp did not mention anything about land border. It mentioned that you arrived on a flight With air asia and that you been denying entry because of that you dont have Money to live and did not had Money in cash With you.

Reason:

The first stamp says:

• ไม่มีmâi meedon't have ; there isn't
  • ปัจจัยbpàt-jaifactor ; cause ; means
    requisite
  • ยังชีพyang chêepsupport life ; sustain ; maintain

And the second stamp:

• ไม่มีเงินmâi mee ngernbe penniless ; be broke ; be short of money
  • ติดตัวdtìt dtuain hand ; on my person
Edited by Trollmann
  • Thanks 1

Same thing happened to me when using my first tourist visa (used visa exempt without issue before that) . So a tourist visa is not likely to help you. However, I did came back via Nong Khai a couple days later without any issue. You can then fly from Udon Thani to Don Muang since you won't be going thru immigration when flying domestic. I'm now married with Non-Immigrant O multi visa but did not try to come back via any airport yet. 

Edited by Tayaout

10 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Hardly immigration armageddon. 

It is Armageddon for long stayers on tourist visas. If one was to calculate the percentage on that, it would probably be more worrying.

Crackdowns on usage of other visa categories is taking place, anything that does not involve an extension of stay basically, for long stays.

Edited by lkv

On 8/8/2019 at 4:15 PM, EricTh said:

No more long term visa runs.

No, and they started to inform about that 2014. Strange that so many people not understand that yet. Guess it takes a while before baht falls down.

1 minute ago, lkv said:

Long stay for tourism = Elite visa.

Very true. The Elite visa is a kind of residence tax. Pay it, and they don't mind you hanging around. 

1 person in every 8 plane loads is still a tiny number though. 

8 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

1 person in every 8 plane loads is still a tiny number though. 

Well yeah because out of those 15 million, 97% are genuine tourists/people on extensions, and probably 3% are trying to game the system with all sorts of combinations spread across different visa categories.

So it is getting tighter if you look at it that way.

Well, surely, many just get a bit (or a bit more) grilled and they get in, but yeah.

Edited by lkv

29 minutes ago, lkv said:

Well yeah because out of those 15 million, 97% are genuine tourists/people on extensions, and probably 3% are trying to game the system with all sorts of combinations spread across different visa categories.

So it is getting tighter if you look at it that way.

Well, surely, many just get a bit (or a bit more) grilled and they get in, but yeah.

Looking at your list of people who do have problems (aside from tourists), the only thing that they all seem to have in common is that none of them pay income tax, or not much of it. Once I got a work permit and stated paying regular income tax on my salary, visas were very easy. I could also qualify for PR and citizenship. 

It could be that Thailand only welcomes foreign resident taxpayers these days. Or Elite visas which is a residence tax. Or (to a diminishing extent) cashed up retirees. Like a lot of other places, IMO, which is a shame but hardly a surprise.

Edited by dbrenn

32 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Or (to a diminishing extent) cashed up retirees. 

I agree. I think that the really cashed up retirees don't live in Thailand (not to say there aren't some wealthy individuals here also).

But I do think quite a proportion could be priced out by currency devaluation only. That category cannot be defined as cashed up.

Diminishing, as you said.

And should local insurance kick in at some point for long stayers, that would reduce the numbers quite a bit also, IMO.

So the moral is, I guess, Thailand is greedy, wants more money, but does not offer more in return ????

Apart from TM30 of course. ????

Edited by lkv