Sent back to lao

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Again I didn't do anything wrong 

Wrong and right does not mean anything to immigration. They can prevent any person to enter Thailand on any pretext as evidence by numerous entry denial report. 

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 9:15 PM, EricTh said:

There are many reports of foreigners being denied entry into Thailand lately in this forum.

Thailand immigration officers are getting tougher nowadays.

No more long term visa runs.

basically I think they can do what they want...laws ? yes for you and plenty of them but not for them...

this visa run BS is for retards I think..sorry guys...if u wanna live in Thailand full time get the finances and do it with the adequate visa ( non immigrant a/o , business, marriage or find a job they allow and do it by the books )....and even then it can become shitty if one guy has a bad day...

me thinks Thai government had it with all these visa runners..if your travel history in your pp indicate such ( even its legimite by law ) if they want they just kick u ...

often I meet people and when the subject comes up they tell me they do visa runs all the time...what a basis of life if u define your life is in Thailand...reminds me of all those asylum seekers in europe...no brains...no languagge...no chance..no money...no skills ..but still there....!...thais have a term...ding dong mak mak. and they dont want that anymore...its now military rule means the guy with the gun telling everybody and everybody comply with a f.....ing smile krapom...dont like it ? ok .. go home cause TH is not your home...if Laos or Cambodia filles with the visa runners I think they will do the same...

• Thanks 1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:34 PM, Trollmann said:

The stamp did not mention anything about land border. It mentioned that you arrived on a flight With air asia and that you been denying entry because of that you dont have Money to live and did not had Money in cash With you.

Reason:

The first stamp says:

• ไม่มีmâi meedon't have ; there isn't
  • ปัจจัยbpàt-jaifactor ; cause ; means
    requisite
  • ยังชีพyang chêepsupport life ; sustain ; maintain

And the second stamp:

• ไม่มีเงินmâi mee ngernbe penniless ; be broke ; be short of money
  • ติดตัวdtìt dtuain hand ; on my person

But show them money 

My income letter 

My bank book

My contract of apartment 

And just say my credit card was in apartment and we have my gf credit card 

Money was not a problem but they want fill detention center up everyday so number look great 

It can happen to everyone now 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

But show them money 

My income letter 

My bank book

My contract of apartment 

And just say my credit card was in apartment and we have my gf credit card 

Money was not a problem but they want fill detention center up everyday so number look great 

It can happen to everyone now 

money is always the default reason when they dont have a reason and just want you out. its very simple if they think you have been spending too much time in thailand you can be denied, anything else mentioned here is irrelevant. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, at15 said:

money is always the default reason when they dont have a reason and just want you out. its very simple if they think you have been spending too much time in thailand you can be denied, anything else mentioned here is irrelevant. 

Everything you say is correct.

I wonder why Immigration do not publish or announce this information. Other countries do. If you keep up to date with visa/immigration requirements on Thaivisa or elsewhere, you will know. But if any foreigner doesn't, that foreigner will get a rude shock at the airport and find themselves denied entry.

It would not be hard for Immigration to make a clear announcement. "Good guys in, bad guys out," is extremely cryptic. Most people would think 'Bad Guys' to be criminals.

Also Immigration, a branch of the police, should liaise with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which oversees visa issuance at the embassies and consulates, so their policies are aligned. Currently they are in stark contrast to one another. Embassy happily issues the visa and takes the fee and Immigration happily deny entry. Surely anyone can see it is totally dysfunctional and appears to be a fight of some sort between the two entities.

I await some clarification from Immigration. I will not hold my breath.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FredGallaher said:

Don't blame it on the IO. You need to come into Thailand my the appropriate way. You've gotten away with it in the past, but no more. Thai IO are looking for violators and turning them around. Some will get in but others won't. It like the law of averages or a game of chance. 

Can you define the appropriate way to enter the country and post anything that states what it is?

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

It's clear that Thai immigration don't want does not want foreigners to use repeat tourist visas

Not the case. It appears to be pretty much limited to Region 2 office of Thai Immigration. The actions of the other Immigration Departments do not appear to follow your line of thinking. 

What is special about Region 2? Do they have any incentive that other departments don't? Why are they out of step?

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

I wonder why Immigration do not publish or announce this information. Other countries do. If you keep up to date with visa/immigration requirements on Thaivisa or elsewhere, you will know. But if any foreigner doesn't, that foreigner will get a rude shock at the airport and find themselves denied entry.

At the current time, if Immigration wanted to announce the rules they were applying, it would be very complicated. It certainly varies depending on which airport you are using, and probably (at some airports) how many people are already in the detention room. Further are the differences in enforcement from official to official that likely is affected by skin colour, age, how you are dressed,, the degree of xenophobia of the individual., and so on Try to draft an announcement for all that!

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

At the current time, if Immigration wanted to announce the rules they were applying, it would be very complicated. It certainly varies depending on which airport you are using, and probably (at some airports) how many people are already in the detention room. Further are the differences in enforcement from official to official that likely is affected by skin colour, age, how you are dressed,, the degree of xenophobia of the individual., and so on Try to draft an announcement for all that!

Indeed.

They could give a vague announcement about the use of back-to-back tourist visas without any quantifiable limits. This would give them massive wriggle room and flexibility to subjectively apply the denial criteria. 

However they don't even do that. In addition, the evidence that this secret policy appears to be restricted to the major airports under Region 2 Office keeps bringing me back to the conclusion that there is a specific incentive that they would rather not discuss.

7 minutes ago, FredGallaher said:

Enforcement of regulations very a lot both here and in the US. The US embassy and IO in US ask leading question try to assess intent. If denied they usually don't say why.

There is a huge difference which people seem to want to ignore. The US (and most other countries) give their immigration officials discretion to deny entry, and no reason needs to be provided. The Thai Immigration Act very carefully does not give immigration officials when you enter that discretion. They are only supposed to deny entry according to the reasons in Section 12 of the Immigration Act or pursuant to orders by the Minister.

There are two points worth noting, that do not affect the above:

• Immigration officials are given discretion on whether to grant visa exempt entries and visas on arrival. This is logical as Immigration in this situation is doing the vetting that is the responsibility of consular officials in the case of regular visas. Publicly announced guidelines are available to guide Immigration in their vetting process.
  • At immigration offices, the officials have discretion in some areas. Importantly, the officials have discretion to deny extensions (though at most offices this only happens for valid reasons).

2 hours ago, FredGallaher said:

If this were in fact true, why then is there so much discussion here about people being denied entry? 

If, in the interests of the country or for reason of public order, good morals or culture, or for the happiness of the people, the Minister considers that any alien or group of aliens should not be permitted to enter the Kingdom, the Minister shall 10 have power to not permit such alien or group of aliens to enter the Kingdom.

“Minister” means the Minister in charge of this Act.

Competent officials can only deny entry under Section 12, that's why they use this section 12 nonsense.

“Competent Official” means any officer appointed by the Minister for the execution of this Act.

Competent officials are not allowed to deny entry for reasons such as too much time in thailand... but they clearly do.

Edited by ThomasThBKK

On 8/15/2019 at 9:20 AM, FredGallaher said:

Are you still planning to get married. If so congratulations ????. If so getting a Non O based on marriage with ME would be a option (IMHO best) to avoid future problems. If so time your return entry to Thailand to a time you want to return, so that you would be in Thailand at that time.  You don't want the extension to run out when you aren't here.

Yes we will getting married and make a non o visa in Europe but now we enjoy our holiday together