BANGKOK
snoop1130

Sterling rout not yet over as no-deal Brexit odds jump - Reuters poll

1 minute ago, Slip said:

What does this stat say about the UK then?  It's a much higher percentage of the population.

1.3 million people born in the UK live in other EU countries, according to 2017 estimates from the United Nations (UN).

https://fullfact.org/europe/how-many-uk-citizens-live-other-eu-countries/

Funnily enough my folks live in Portugal and love it, but they wouldn't be reflected in the figures quoted as officially they are still resident in the UK, so the 1.3 million figure is under-counted by at least 2.

so theres a million more eu citizens living in the uk than british citizens living in the eu[ not forgetting your parents who couldn,t have thought portugal was too clever despite living there,dosen,t that answer your question?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

" To spunge; to eat and drink at another's cost. Spunging”

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

do you mean nancy spungeon allegedly murdered by sid vicious?

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

A cab ride to see the queen (not happening) after a no confidence vote would be an attempt at power grabbing, while still being unelectable.

I'm rather alarmed that you didn't notice that this was said tongue in check at an Edinburgh festival event. Of course everyone should know that as the law stands Corbyn, could only go to the Queen if he commanded a majority in the house. I doubt The SNP or Libs would accept him as their leader, it would have to be someone who commanded wide respect, which rules out Corbyn. Anyone attempting to do that without a majority would indeed "be an attempt at power grabbing, while still being unelectable" but it simply can't be done.

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

spunging ???????????????????

I believe the "Spelling Nazi" move is frowned on in this forum. It is also embarrassingly petty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I believe the "Spelling Nazi" move is frowned on in this forum. It is also embarrassingly petty.

it was only tongue in check.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

Your friends in Pattaya are not expats, none of the retirees, pensioners or tourists are. Expats work for a living.

Nevertheless, your boozing buddies enrich the economies of Thai cities and villages. It does not matter why they are here, they are still bringing in cash to local businesses and people. Unlike immigrants in UK who sponge off the benefits system and drain & strain the national infrastructure. 

They are not my friends, I have only visited the outskirts of Pattaya for insurance business meetings a couple of times, I have no desire to see any more of it, it appeared a rather ugly place. 

You are wrong, retirees and pensioners are Expats if they are living here, tourists of course aren't. Look it up, it basically means living away from your home country, it doesn't need to mean working there.

THE GREAT IRONY is that it is money from (EU) immigrant taxes that is helping to pay the pensions of all those TV Brexiteers who are complaining about them. - as I said before.

I posted a couple of detailed pieces of research which backs this up, this is not just an idle contention, these are facts. It is mainly Brits sponging off the system, the Immigrants are by and large contributing to it. Is this too embarrassing for you to accept, if so just hang onto your sacred beliefs. Benefit fraud BTW is a tiny cost to the Economy compared to the tax avoidance schemes the Brexit leaders are prepared to ruin the country for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, kingdong said:

so why not address the points i raised re perhaps migrants are taking out more than they,re putting in instead of relying on biased reports with more slant than the leaning tower of pisa?also re "it would appear", i live and work in london,and have eyes,true i haven,t written a "report" on it,also i was referring to their work patterns, "behaviour" is your word and one i didn,t use,do you always try and put words in peoples mouths instead of responding with facts?

Your 'points' are anecdotal and emotive. Meanwhile the population of the EU is in the region of 500 million, 2 million of which we may agree to agree live in the UK. The population in the UK is in the region of 63 million, 1.3 million of whom live in the EU.  Do you need a calculator? The implied point that I was addressing was that there is something wrong with European countries as 2 million europeans live in the UK.  My response was that a much higher percentage of people from the UK live in europe, which kind of makes your argument look just as stupid as it is.

Your accusations of slant and your hyperbolic metaphor are wasted on me, as is your weak attempt at sarcasm. Indeed you are not in a position to write any sort of credible 'report'. 

Is fullfact a biased organisation?  I have no idea, I chose it at random from a number of reports offering the same information, and popped another couple of links in there for convenience.   It is dishonest of you to rely on emotive arguments and then accuse other people of not using facts when they actually do.

I was referring to your behaviour as being what I object to, and not putting any words in your mouth.  I hope you and your groupie 'like guy' can stop and have a bit of a think before you continue to post and support such drivel in future.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

They are not my friends, I have only visited the outskirts of Pattaya for insurance business meetings a couple of times, I have no desire to see any more of it, it appeared a rather ugly place. 

You are wrong, retirees and pensioners are Expats if they are living here, tourists of course aren't. Look it up, it basically means living away from your home country, it doesn't need to mean working there.

THE GREAT IRONY is that it is money from (EU) immigrant taxes that is helping to pay the pensions of all those TV Brexiteers who are complaining about them. - as I said before.

I posted a couple of detailed pieces of research which backs this up, this is not just an idle contention, these are facts. It is mainly Brits sponging off the system, the Immigrants are by and large contributing to it. Is this too embarrassing for you to accept, if so just hang onto your sacred beliefs. Benefit fraud BTW is a tiny cost to the Economy compared to the tax avoidance schemes the Brexit leaders are prepared to ruin the country for.

"the tax avoidance schemes" such as the one used by uber who pay their tax earnt in britain into the netherlands?also a hell of a lot of their "employees"[ another court case pending,uber didn,t agree with the verdict on the previous verdict] are claiming tax and rent rebates so we have the fiasco of british taxpayers subsidising uber who do not pay a brass razoo in tax in the uk,you couldn,t make it up,no wonder people voted to leave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I really don’t need your respect, especially when you accuse me of false information then produce your own propaganda.
Immigrants contributing more to the public purse than the average citizen? Total rubbish.
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Loiner said:

I really don’t need your respect, especially when you accuse me of false information then produce your own propaganda.
Immigrants contributing more to the public purse than the average citizen? Total rubbish.

I think by saying "Total rubbish", you are actually saying that you just can't bear to admit that it might be true. It doesn't fit in with your world view, so it can't be true, however much evidence you receive from whatever sources. Rather sad really.

• Like 2

I think by saying "Total rubbish", you are actually saying that you just can't bear to admit that it might be true. It doesn't fit in with your world view, so it can't be true, however much evidence you receive from whatever sources. Rather sad really.

Sad that you prefer to believe in your total rubbish. Where are all those high tax paying immigrants? There aren’t any.

I'm rather alarmed that you didn't notice that this was said tongue in check at an Edinburgh festival event. Of course everyone should know that as the law stands Corbyn, could only go to the Queen if he commanded a majority in the house. I doubt The SNP or Libs would accept him as their leader, it would have to be someone who commanded wide respect, which rules out Corbyn. Anyone attempting to do that without a majority would indeed "be an attempt at power grabbing, while still being unelectable" but it simply can't be done.

So Labour are unelectable and won’t try lying, cheating, or every other trick in the book to grab power?

Expats know who the other expats are. You and your dictionary obviously don’t. Is that because you want to be one and not be lumped in with the chaps in Pattaya that you despise?

There’s no great irony in your theory that the immigrants are paying for the pensions. It just isn’t true. There are so many of them that if they did actually contribute so much, all of the pensioners could have a rise! You wouldn’t struggle to exist and could happily ride out the pound’s fluctuations.
  • Like 1