Jump to content
BANGKOK
snoop1130

Sterling rout not yet over as no-deal Brexit odds jump - Reuters poll

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2019 at 12:05 PM, Nigel Garvie said:

If you don't want to believe this you could tell yourself that government departments and two universities are part of a vast conspiracy to hide the truth from you

Entirely believable IMHO, the lies of 'project fear' have no limits.

Although it's also conceivable that they were all completely incompetent.

 

When I was in University and later in government, I often fabricated results because I was too lazy to do the work. As long as my results were in line with what the head of department wanted, nobody ever checked.

Edited by BritManToo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Entirely believable IMHO, the lies of 'project fear' have no limits.

Although it's also conceivable that they were all completely incompetent.

 

When I was in University and later in government, I often fabricated results because I was too lazy to do the work. As long as my results were in line with what the head of department wanted, nobody ever checked.

Have you been in Eton-U.  - like your "friend" Boris  ???

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Loiner said:


Expats know who the other expats are. You and your dictionary obviously don’t. Is that because you want to be one and not be lumped in with the chaps in Pattaya that you despise?

There’s no great irony in your theory that the immigrants are paying for the pensions. It just isn’t true. There are so many of them that if they did actually contribute so much, all of the pensioners could have a rise! You wouldn’t struggle to exist and could happily ride out the pound’s fluctuations.

OK I'll answer you on that. The comment I made about Pattaya was indeed, a bit off the cuff. I don't know anyone there and I certainly do not despise any individual person who I don't know. So I was generalizing, much as you would do about remainers for example. You will, I expect, accept, that the place has earned a certain well established reputation, I was going by that. To what degree that reputation is justified I have no idea, but it appears to be widely acknowledged. There is nothing wrong with using a dictionary, unless you believe that ignorance should be glorified. 

 

About immigrants if you doubt they are contributing overall to UK Plc, please supply factual statistical evidence from reputable sources (Not Tabloids) rather than vague contentions such as "It just isn't true".  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK I'll answer you on that. The comment I made about Pattaya was indeed, a bit off the cuff. I don't know anyone there and I certainly do not despise any individual person who I don't know. So I was generalizing, much as you would do about remainers for example. You will, I expect, accept, that the place has earned a certain well established reputation, I was going by that. To what degree that reputation is justified I have no idea, but it appears to be widely acknowledged. There is nothing wrong with using a dictionary, unless you believe that ignorance should be glorified. 
 
About immigrants if you doubt they are contributing overall to UK Plc, please supply factual statistical evidence from reputable sources (Not Tabloids) rather than vague contentions such as "It just isn't true".  
 
 

Generalising about the chaps in Pattaya while giving a detailed description of what you think their appearance is, what you allege they are doing, plus your imagined reason for them being there? Then you subsequently admit you haven’t been there?? All based on a reputation you admit you have no idea about??? You have you head so far up your own rear end.
It all sums up your party political views and Brexit position. No idea about anything, but will believe anything you think supports your own perceptions. That you would also accept what you believe to be evidence, only from what you deign to be reputable sources, also tells your story of Bull. Maybe The Grauniad and Undependent, but not tabloids, shows your delusions of grandeur.
Don’t hold your breath because I don’t jump through Remainer hoops to bring you information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 8:07 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

I think by saying "Total rubbish", you are actually saying that you just can't bear to admit that it might be true. It doesn't fit in with your world view, so it can't be true, however much evidence you receive from whatever sources. Rather sad really.

is the cost of eu migrants currently incarcerated in hm penal institutes deducted from the wonderfull contribution they make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 1:36 PM, Loiner said:


Expats know who the other expats are. You and your dictionary obviously don’t. Is that because you want to be one and not be lumped in with the chaps in Pattaya that you despise?

There’s no great irony in your theory that the immigrants are paying for the pensions. It just isn’t true. There are so many of them that if they did actually contribute so much, all of the pensioners could have a rise! You wouldn’t struggle to exist and could happily ride out the pound’s fluctuations.

on the subject of pensions,german pensioners recieve a state pension 4 times higher than british state pension.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kingdong said:

is the cost of eu migrants currently incarcerated in hm penal institutes deducted from the wonderfull contribution they make?

It warms my heart to see you are still choking on this.  I don't imagine it does though, so on the surface of it at least, a fair point well made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
on the subject of pensions,german pensioners recieve a state pension 4 times higher than british state pension.

That wonderful EU does do much for workers rights. Not enough for UK workers pensions when they retire though. We never enjoyed the same shorter working week or longer holidays.
It was all a con. Especially their lower tax on booze and fags.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Loiner said:


That wonderful EU does do much for workers rights. Not enough for UK workers pensions when they retire though. We never enjoyed the same shorter working week or longer holidays.
It was all a con. Especially their lower tax on booze and fags.

That would be the British government then not the EU. The rot of working class gains after the war started with Thatcher and the great council house sell-off that ultimately decimated social housing and working class communities. And now like a last desperate gambler in the casino has gone to the roulette table and bet all his dreams on Black - getting out of the EU. Sad really particularly when these dreams are manipulated and festered by a right wing rich elite who will profit greatly if they get their way. But don't worry Loiner we will fight them all the way and get your pounds back first then have a look at your pension. But first we must smash Brexit and the politics of divide and rule.  Someone posted a video of Pink Floyd and the wall as a tribute to the kids who they say the EU has ruined this would be a better video. Listen , enjoy and learn. It's never too late to help make a better world. 

 

 

 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Loiner said:


That wonderful EU does do much for workers rights. Not enough for UK workers pensions when they retire though. We never enjoyed the same shorter working week or longer holidays.
It was all a con. Especially their lower tax on booze and fags.

funny wasn,t it, 15 years ago "british buisness"was whingeing we had to get out of europe as the increasing legislation regarding employment law and rights was making us unproductive,ff 15 years what with "self employment status"[so employers can swerve paying the minimum wage] zero hour contracts,and the "gig economy" fuelled by millions of economic migrants from the eu [makes you wonder how great things are in their countries as they cannot seem to get employment there] why the eus the greatest thing since sliced bread.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Slip said:

It warms my heart to see you are still choking on this.  I don't imagine it does though, so on the surface of it at least, a fair point well made.

choking on what?just don,t like being mugged off by all these biased "reports".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

That would be the British government then not the EU. The rot of working class gains after the war started with Thatcher and the great council house sell-off that ultimately decimated social housing and working class communities. And now like a last desperate gambler in the casino has gone to the roulette table and bet all his dreams on Black - getting out of the EU. Sad really particularly when these dreams are manipulated and festered by a right wing rich elite who will profit greatly if they get their way. But don't worry Loiner we will fight them all the way and get your pounds back first then have a look at your pension. But first we must smash Brexit and the politics of divide and rule.  Someone posted a video of Pink Floyd and the wall as a tribute to the kids who they say the EU has ruined this would be a better video. Listen , enjoy and learn. It's never too late to help make a better world. 

 

 

 

Many thanks for this video. It is possible that it might make, the people blaming immigrants for everything, think a little, but I'm not holding my breath, the capacity to question our sacred beliefs (If we ever had one) appears to diminish with age. The irony is we are building a wall to imprison ourselves, with the people (Farage, Bojo, JRM etc) who are tearing our society apart to further their own twisted personal interests. Rather like making a big cage to keep out the poisonous reptiles, and discovering that you are locked inside the cage with them, and they are arguing which one is going to get the first bite of you.

 

The song seems to say " We are the enemy we are trying to escape from".

 

Edited by Nigel Garvie
punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Many thanks for this video. It is possible that it might make, the people blaming immigrants for everything, think a little, but I'm not holding my breath, the capacity to question our sacred beliefs (If we ever had one) appears to diminish with age. The irony is we are building a wall to imprison ourselves, with the people (Farage, Bojo, JRM etc) who are tearing our society apart to further their own twisted personal interests. Rather like making a big cage to keep out the poisonous reptiles, and discovering that you are locked inside the cage with them, and they are arguing which one is going to get the first bite of you.

 

The song seems to say " We are the enemy we are trying to escape from".

 

Thanks Nigel - the world's problems have never been solved  by hate,division and the rich getting richer which is where we are now. Just finished watching a brilliant movie/documentary on Noam Chomsky where he says for Us and the western world the 50 and 60 s were the greatest time ever in redistribution of wealth from the capital owning class to the working class and there was indeed an American Dream. But in the 70s and then 80s the fightback of capital began - Reagan/Thatcher , the demonization of organised labour the privatisation of much of the common held services and the increasing financialization of the economy which went from a service to business to being the biggest business. And that capital had to change the model of increasing wealth,power and freedom in the working classes. The 'populism' trope that is now the biggest game in town is a boon to the rich who have never been richer and have never taken away more of the financial gains of the mass of western populations. 'Immigrants' have always been and will always be the easiest way to sow division and create anger rather than look up at who is really stealing their hopes and future......

 

https://prruk.org/noam-chomsky-the-five-filters-of-the-mass-media-machine/

 

 

Edited by beautifulthailand99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2019 at 12:36 PM, Loiner said:

Your friends in Pattaya are not expats, none of the retirees, pensioners or tourists are. Expats work for a living.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expatriate

"However, the term 'expatriate' is also used for retirees and others who have chosen to live outside their native country."

 

I'm an expat and retired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...