Sterling rout not yet over as no-deal Brexit odds jump - Reuters poll

snoop1130

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I never thought comprehension was an issue for you Bannork......................" caused by leaver voters, you mean"..... sounds unequivocal to me.

In any event your side is crediting Boris with too much. It is not his no deal. No deal will come about because (a) parliament couldn't agree the deal offered by the EU and (b) the EU are seemingly unprepared to negotiate further....... Oh, and also because of this democratic act:-

image.png.77aa244a42e7e84929d9340a152314bb.png

No problem, throw out Johnson at the beginning of September with a vote of no confidence, install a new PM within 14 days and revoke Article 50.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bannork said:

No problem, throw out Johnson at the beginning of September with a vote of no confidence, install a new PM within 14 days and revoke Article 50.

Dream on...... calling an election would scupper that idea.

6 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Dream on...... calling an election would scupper that idea.

Not sure if he can once he's lost the vote of no confidence, under the present law other MPs are entitled to try to form a government within 14 days. The incumbent PM is not supposed to take any action committing his successor. Could be a case for the courts.

2 minutes ago, bannork said:

Not sure if he can once he's lost the vote of no confidence, under the present law other MPs are entitled to try to form a government within 14 days. The incumbent PM is not supposed to take any action committing his successor. Could be a case for the courts.

Indeed, it just gets messier and messier.

Doesn't bode well for the future with every minority seeking legal recourse to overturn decisions they don't like.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/06/no-deal-brexit-legally-possible-even-after-no-confidence-vote

18 hours ago, elliss said:
  On 8/9/2019 at 3:34 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Its the uncertainty contributing to the sterling decline. When brexit is finally declared the uncertainty will end and the pound should start to rise again as sure as the Euro will decline.

The £ is now virtually on a par with the Euro, when I went to visit a friend in Amsterdam I got 1 for 1, is this the famous Boris Bounce?

1.74 Oct 2000
1.43 Nov 2015
1.06 today

We have finally joined the Euro, and I have to register my gratitude to all the Brexiteers here, congratulations lads, you finally did it.

I'm sure that's not the last of the plans you have to destroy the UK economy, how about a no deal Brexit that should do it. 

Whatever you do Donald want's you to promise that you keep tax avoidance for the rich and his big tech companies, no problem, the ordinary Brexiteer will be only too happy to oblige.

A majority who voted , voted to LEAVE the EU. The UK liberal elites have decided otherwise. They enjoy and admire the EU corruptocracy.  Mrs May was an inept and gutless  PM who was in fact a Remainer in Brexit clothing. Remainers have tried every trick before, during and since the Referendum to sabotage LEAVE. Hence the current situation.BUT now we have someone as PM determined to deliver the Referendum result. The EU is a failing economic model. The euro is built on sand as europhiles will discover post Brexit. Sure it is difficult currently but not as difficult as our liberal fascist media would have us believe.  In fact the UK is doing very well economically in terms of employment, wages and inward investment. France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc are not the elysium they pretend to be. 

So. Hold on to your hats folks. Charlemagne, Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin and now the EU have tried to suppress national identity. They failed and in turn the EU Politbureau will go the same way.

3 minutes ago, Surreyhills said:

A majority who voted , voted to LEAVE the EU. The UK liberal elites have decided otherwise. They enjoy and admire the EU corruptocracy.  Mrs May was an inept and gutless  PM who was in fact a Remainer in Brexit clothing. Remainers have tried every trick before, during and since the Referendum to sabotage LEAVE. Hence the current situation.BUT now we have someone as PM determined to deliver the Referendum result. The EU is a failing economic model. The euro is built on sand as europhiles will discover post Brexit. Sure it is difficult currently but not as difficult as our liberal fascist media would have us believe.  In fact the UK is doing very well economically in terms of employment, wages and inward investment. France, Germany, Italy, Spain etc are not the elysium they pretend to be. 

So. Hold on to your hats folks. Charlemagne, Napoleon, Hitler and Stalin and now the EU have tried to suppress national identity. They failed and in turn the EU Politbureau will go the same way.

Great first post.

On 8/8/2019 at 10:48 PM, CNXexpat said:

So a Ponzi is fair too? Somebody promises that everybody becomes super rich and at the end only few become rich because everything was a huge lie. But the people decided (democratic) that they give the money. Or the grandma who was cheated by a fake policeman. But she decided to give him her money from her free will. All could find in the internet that they will be cheated but everything sounds so real, so they believe everything. Same as the Brexiteers. 

Can you repeat in plain English? After three readings I still do not understand your point.

12 minutes ago, Lancelot01 said:

Can you repeat in plain English? After three readings I still do not understand your point.

Sorry, I am a non native English speaker, can´t write it better. Try it a fourth time. Others understand it. 

23 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Yes, they promised - including a health system with a lot of money.

If I were a Remainer, I would probably be demanding a link to substantiate that fact. I'll just take it as your mistaken opinion. As far as the health system goes, we invented one seventy years ago. It has lots of money and the government donated about 130 Billion pounds last year.

The Brexit claim for Leaving was not that it would give us riches or a health system, but that some of the money we waste in contributions to the EU could be spent on our increasingly expensive NHS.  

7 hours ago, bannork said:

Better yet let's just leave NOW - the sooner the better!!!

That's what we voted for 3 years ago.

21 minutes ago, Loiner said:

If I were a Remainer, I would probably be demanding a link to substantiate that fact. I'll just take it as your mistaken opinion. As far as the health system goes, we invented one seventy years ago. It has lots of money and the government donated about 130 Billion pounds last year.

The Brexit claim for Leaving was not that it would give us riches or a health system, but that some of the money we waste in contributions to the EU could be spent on our increasingly expensive NHS.  

The problem is, that the Brexiteers always use wrong numbers. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/reality-check/2016/may/23/does-the-eu-really-cost-the-uk-350m-a-week

8 minutes ago, VBF said:

Better yet let's just leave NOW - the sooner the better!!!

That's what we voted for 3 years ago.

That´s what the rest of the EU member hopes since 3 years. But the Brits demand this and that and make it complicated. It would be so easy to say tomorrow: "Ok, bye, bye EU. We want nothing from you, so don´t annoy us." 

10 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

That´s what the rest of the EU member hopes since 3 years. But the Brits demand this and that and make it complicated. It would be so easy to say tomorrow: "Ok, bye, bye EU. We want nothing from you, so don´t annoy us." 

I'd go with that and along with it we tell the EU that we are NOT paying a ridiculous "Divorce Bill" and if they don't like it sue us....in the European Court which we no longer recognise!

The only "demands" are because the EU has these ridiculous terms to agree a so-called deal which looks like not happening anyway.

To the Brussels Muppets Bureaucrats I salute you................. (ask the French to explain ???? )

1239430655_2fingers.jpg.65bd5d4475fdb0907a8e273187b7eee9.jpg

15 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

We don’t want/need anything from you.

If you want to buy our goods - and we want to buy your goods - the markets will take care of it.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

What about the Romans?

The Romans civilised  Britain , introducing social stuctures,  discipline/ religion .

Not forgetting their road systems, and civil engineering achievments .

We are natural born , Europeans ,  including our Royal family .

Gbp / 36 bht soon.   Thx Brexiteers treason ..

8 hours ago, bannork said:

All BJ need do in such circumstances is to withdraw any resistance to the Tilbrook case (the PM is one of two respondents, the other being his Brexit sec. All that is needed is a consent order) , Furthermore are you seriously under estimating  the threat from Farage & his BxP?

39 minutes ago, VBF said:

I'd go with that and along with it we tell the EU that we are NOT paying a ridiculous "Divorce Bill" and if they don't like it sue us....in the European Court which we no longer recognise!

The only "demands" are because the EU has these ridiculous terms to agree a so-called deal which looks like not happening anyway.

To the Brussels Muppets Bureaucrats I salute you................. (ask the French to explain ???? )

1239430655_2fingers.jpg.65bd5d4475fdb0907a8e273187b7eee9.jpg

Do you know how where the number comes from and why it´s so high? 
https://qz.com/1134703/brexit-divorce-bill-explained-why-the-uk-needs-to-pay-the-eu-to-leave/

25 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

We don’t want/need anything from you.

If you want to buy our goods - and we want to buy your goods - the markets will take care of it.

So why aren´t you out? The problem is the UK parliament. It doesn´t want to leave with no deal, they want a deal - but has no idea which deal. The UK asked the EU to leave not in March, you forgot? Everybody in the EU is annoyed of the UK because they can´t make a decision. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/47739397

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/04/how-does-the-rest-of-the-world-currently-view-the-uk-brexit-boris-johnson

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

https://qz.com/1134703/brexit-divorce-bill-explained-why-the-uk-needs-to-pay-the-eu-to-leave/

So why aren´t you out? The problem is the UK parliament. It doesn´t want to leave with no deal, they want a deal - but has no idea which deal. The UK asked the EU to leave not in March, you forgot? Everybody in the EU is annoyed of the UK because they can´t make a decision. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/04/how-does-the-rest-of-the-world-currently-view-the-uk-brexit-boris-johnson

Don’t ask me why we are not out. We should be.

Parliament (as fragmented as it is) can make a decision.... it decided that deal was sh1t. That is the fault of Theresa May and the EU.

3 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Regarding that QZ.com article, the last para reads:

"Britain is estimated to have around €150 billion in assets that it purchased during its EU membership, including cash and property(paywall). On top of that, since the EU spends around €7 billion a year in Britain, so if these payments were deducted, it would reduce the final bill but a large amount."

That "large amount" might even be 100% - I do not know.

16 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Don’t ask me why we are not out. We should be.

Parliament (as fragmented as it is) can make a decision.... it decided that deal was sh1t. That is the fault of Theresa May and the EU.

It decided the deal is bad but also decided that they want to have a deal - but no idea which kind of deal. If the parliament would vote "no deal" they can leave tomorrow and they could be out since March or before. 

Archived