Foreigner also to be charged after head stomped by Bangla security guard

snoop1130

'Also charged...' hmmmy,  thus still does not prove the insecure guard was charged! 

The 'also' was still seperately relevant... but really only due to the videoer being charged for the losing face streaming on social media aspect. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, iko said:

head stomping is over the top; but after 13 years in patong (and some thousand nights in Bangla) I can say that farang-beatings never come un-provoked. we all know that.

You may call it provocation, but long ago in Patpong, when some of the upstairs bars preyed on drunken or unwary foreigners, and salted their bills by thousands of Baht, leading to an argument, it used to be a regular occurrence to see the girls smash glass ashtrays on the foreigners' heads as they tried to escape, and see the wolves come running to take free kicks at their heads as they lay bleeding and unconscious in the gutter outside. 

Misguided? Certainly, but when you are a tourist new to a culture, you don't always understand the consequences of your behaviour and actions.

There is definitely a need to reduce head stomping in the world, and especially here amongst the nearly brain dead men working security at these clubs. Head stomping is never a good idea, rarely is it necessary, and it can result in great bodily harm, permanent damage, and sometimes even death. All head stompers who are caught should be subject to a minimum of 5 years in prison, and a fine of 2 million baht, payable to the stompee. 

It reminds me of a percentage of law enforcement in the US. Shooting to kill, when it would have been sufficient to simply put down the potential threat, without deadly force.

13 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

No video?

Do expats in Thailand need to stick together and start wearing bodycams to protect one another.

What kind of footage could be accrued and what effect could it have.

You need to stop looking down on and sneering at, Thai people. Then they would not dislike you

1 hour ago, Dr. Zorg said:

So over and above complying with redicilous bs like TM 30, TM 47 and T 6 requirements, you can visit Pat Pong for a real good old head stomping !!!

Pat Pong is in Bangkok.

Patong is in Phuket.

Often little or no provocation can set off a drugged up security guard anywhere.

I well remember the case of a passerby filming a beating outside a club in Patong which resulted in the thug (guard) switching his attack from the drunk on the sidewalk to the old expat with the phone. It ended badly for the thug, he was killed and the expat exonerated in court.

I remember another case where the drunks had been ejected from the premises and were leaving, but the security guy, reinforced by mates working in other premises decided to inflict a beating anyway. Security thugs, anywhere, don't deserve sympathy, when they decide their job allows them to assault their clients. 

14 hours ago, E020 said:

Probably some drunk bloke asking for it.. if you dont do crazy you wont get in troubles in the world.. he must have deserved it..

Unbelievable.

Under what circumstances do you think it is ok to stomp on another persons head?

You are condoning possible death, permanent head injuries, loss of facilities. Nice person>>>not

3 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I dont understand why Thai tourism numbers are down.

Where else in the world can you be overcharged by a taxi to go to bar where you can pay high prices to drink bad beer in the company of elderly fat women, and have your head stomped on for free at the end of the evening? People should be flocking here in droves.

Sounds like a normal night out in country New South Wales.

2 hours ago, owenm said:

It's Incidents like this, when shared on social media to the world, that affects tourist's decisions to either come to Thailand or bypass it totally and choose another destination.. 

That the police could charge the foreigner who's getting his head stomped on by security is an absolute joke.. And TAT is wondering why tourist nos are well down on last year.. 

I don't believe that. I seriously don't believe any tourist, even sex tourists and piss artists think about what might happen should they get pissed-up and get into a fight. They don't think about the physical or legal consequences as part of their holiday destination selection criteria!

Normal tourists and family groups certainly don't either.

I think most people will think "just another drunk having a fight with a bouncer and coming off worse".

UK used to have rough bouncers in the 70's. Pick a fight with them and they'd all pile in at some clubs. But I suggest most police forces would've charged the customers as well as possibly the bouncers after the event.

If someone hits you and you defend yourself there should be no charge. It looks as though this guy could not defend himself and was brutally beaten, yet they charge him. These security guards should have training to deal with the customers of these bars and clubs to avoid such incidents and bad press for Thai tourism. I certainly would not go for a drink in tbat area after reading this.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Often little or no provocation can set off a drugged up security guard anywhere.

I well remember the case of a passerby filming a beating outside a club in Patong which resulted in the thug (guard) switching his attack from the drunk on the sidewalk to the old expat with the phone. It ended badly for the thug, he was killed and the expat exonerated in court.

I remember another case where the drunks had been ejected from the premises and were leaving, but the security guy, reinforced by mates working in other premises decided to inflict a beating anyway. Security thugs, anywhere, don't deserve sympathy, when they decide their job allows them to assault their clients. 

Behavior reminiscent of many UK establishment bouncers back in the 70's. Some thought having such a reputation good as it put the trouble makers off. Of course it often didn't. The real hard cases saw it as a challenge! Many bouncers were just out for a chance to wallop someone; others just needed the extra cash.

Now it's highly regulated and door staff and security must be trained and are strictly controlled in what they can and can't do. 

I remember another similar story out of Pattaya last year when a foreinger had been arrested and was cuffed and on the ground totally compliant when a scooter taxi driver walked over and kicked him in the face...when asked why ,the driver replied ''I was only trying to help the police''......some people have no shame

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Let me guess, you spent those 20 years in a Thai monastery? Or, do you look like Mike Tyson? 

I believe if you do not provoke the bar security in Thailand and go about your way ,there is little chance of confrontation. Thais tend to avoid confrontation with foreigners if they can but some foreigners just love to be ‘in your face’ in certain confrontation and with the misunderstanding of the English usage of ‘fxxx’ ,the Thais may take offense of the word. I have seen great restraint by the Thai security on deplorable behaviors of drunk foreigners. Been in Bangkok for past 30 years and never ever got into a brawl of any kind with the Thais. 

Drunk or not, nobody deserves having their head stomped.  That's just criminal.  If I ever would have stomped on somebody in my younger days, my father would have decked me!  I was raised to defend myself, but not to go beyond stopping the threat...  

In my younger days, we did not hit anyone who was on the ground.  When someone was knocked down, the fight stopped until he got back up and said he wanted to continue, it usually never continued, sometimes we shock hands and were able to become friends...

Sadly this has become commonplace in America today, ever since the glorification of the thug/gang lifestyle in America...

Very sad!

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You may call it provocation, but long ago in Patpong, when some of the upstairs bars preyed on drunken or unwary foreigners, and salted their bills by thousands of Baht, leading to an argument, it used to be a regular occurrence to see the girls smash glass ashtrays on the foreigners' heads as they tried to escape, and see the wolves come running to take free kicks at their heads as they lay bleeding and unconscious in the gutter outside. 

Misguided? Certainly, but when you are a tourist new to a culture, you don't always understand the consequences of your behaviour and actions.

If tourists want to partake in those nightlife , as in such scenarios all over the world, do due diligence first and have your wits about you ... those nightlife are similar all over with unsavory characters or mafia in charge of the place. Be it Tokyo, Hong Kong, London,  Hamburg, Paris, they are all similar. 

7 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I remember another similar story out of Pattaya last year when a foreinger had been arrested and was cuffed and on the ground totally compliant when a scooter taxi driver walked over and kicked him in the face...when asked why ,the driver replied ''I was only trying to help the police''......some people have no shame

I remember this too.  Some Thais actually wonder/shocked why their reputation has gotten bad, getting worse...  And no, I am not excusing tourists or expats who behave in ignorant ways!  There is a right way to handle them...

3 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

Drunk or not, nobody deserves having their head stomped.  That's just criminal.  If I ever would have stomped on somebody in my younger days, my father would have decked me!  I was raised to defend myself, but not to go beyond stopping the threat...  

In my younger days, we did not hit anyone who was on the ground.  When someone was knocked down, the fight stopped until he got back up and said he wanted to continue, it usually never continued, sometimes we shock hands and were able to become friends...

Sadly this has become commonplace in America today, ever since the glorification of the thug/gang lifestyle in America...

Very sad!

Level of damage control by nightclub security in Thailand leave much to be desired. They usually have a short fuse . Perhaps you get what you pay for. 

Just now, Ctkong said:

Level of damage control by nightclub security in Thailand leave much to be desired. They usually have a short fuse . Perhaps you get what you pay for. 

Yes that, and they have the knowledge that nothing will happen to them, other than maybe a small fine, if that...

15 hours ago, amykat said:

Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death?  I’ve seen it nearly, several times now, not always Thailand, once a mafia guy in Bali.

"Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death? I’ve seen it nearly..."

So you haven't seen it either!

2 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death? I’ve seen it nearly..."

So you haven't seen it either!

What does my statement say??  I asked a question, I made a statement.  You need to drop your damn bone dude.  (For posters not in the know, this person has gone crazy in another thread trying to prove everyone wrong about everything.). 

Please never ever have a fight with a Thai, even when he's only 99 cm short. 

The loss of face is so strong that he'll be back with all his mates and knock you out. 

They usually don't stop even when you're on the ground bleeding like a pig.

I was there, done it and learnt my lesson. You can't win. 

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I dont understand why Thai tourism numbers are down.

Where else in the world can you be overcharged by a taxi to go to bar where you can pay high prices to drink bad beer in the company of elderly fat women, and have your head stomped on for free at the end of the evening? People should be flocking here in droves.

Most big cities.... Anywhere. 

16 hours ago, E020 said:

Probably some drunk bloke asking for it.. if you dont do crazy you wont get in troubles in the world.. he must have deserved it..

Agree, odd after nineteen years never had a fight or big issue. These bar guys have a knack for getting into trouble non stop almost daily. Sometimes a beating does wonders.

27 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

I believe if you do not provoke the bar security in Thailand and go about your way ,there is little chance of confrontation. Thais tend to avoid confrontation with foreigners if they can but some foreigners just love to be ‘in your face’ in certain confrontation and with the misunderstanding of the English usage of ‘fxxx’ ,the Thais may take offense of the word. I have seen great restraint by the Thai security on deplorable behaviors of drunk foreigners. Been in Bangkok for past 30 years and never ever got into a brawl of any kind with the Thais. 

Me either !

Archived