BANGKOK
snoop1130

Foreigner also to be charged after head stomped by Bangla security guard

I remember another similar story out of Pattaya last year when a foreinger had been arrested and was cuffed and on the ground totally compliant when a scooter taxi driver walked over and kicked him in the face...when asked why ,the driver replied ''I was only trying to help the police''......some people have no shame

3 hours ago, thecyclist said:

Let me guess, you spent those 20 years in a Thai monastery? Or, do you look like Mike Tyson? 

I believe if you do not provoke the bar security in Thailand and go about your way ,there is little chance of confrontation. Thais tend to avoid confrontation with foreigners if they can but some foreigners just love to be ‘in your face’ in certain confrontation and with the misunderstanding of the English usage of ‘fxxx’ ,the Thais may take offense of the word. I have seen great restraint by the Thai security on deplorable behaviors of drunk foreigners. Been in Bangkok for past 30 years and never ever got into a brawl of any kind with the Thais. 

• Like 1

A racist troll post has been removed

Drunk or not, nobody deserves having their head stomped.  That's just criminal.  If I ever would have stomped on somebody in my younger days, my father would have decked me!  I was raised to defend myself, but not to go beyond stopping the threat...  

In my younger days, we did not hit anyone who was on the ground.  When someone was knocked down, the fight stopped until he got back up and said he wanted to continue, it usually never continued, sometimes we shock hands and were able to become friends...

Sadly this has become commonplace in America today, ever since the glorification of the thug/gang lifestyle in America...

Very sad!

2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

You may call it provocation, but long ago in Patpong, when some of the upstairs bars preyed on drunken or unwary foreigners, and salted their bills by thousands of Baht, leading to an argument, it used to be a regular occurrence to see the girls smash glass ashtrays on the foreigners' heads as they tried to escape, and see the wolves come running to take free kicks at their heads as they lay bleeding and unconscious in the gutter outside. 

Misguided? Certainly, but when you are a tourist new to a culture, you don't always understand the consequences of your behaviour and actions.

If tourists want to partake in those nightlife , as in such scenarios all over the world, do due diligence first and have your wits about you ... those nightlife are similar all over with unsavory characters or mafia in charge of the place. Be it Tokyo, Hong Kong, London,  Hamburg, Paris, they are all similar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mok199 said:

I remember another similar story out of Pattaya last year when a foreinger had been arrested and was cuffed and on the ground totally compliant when a scooter taxi driver walked over and kicked him in the face...when asked why ,the driver replied ''I was only trying to help the police''......some people have no shame

I remember this too.  Some Thais actually wonder/shocked why their reputation has gotten bad, getting worse...  And no, I am not excusing tourists or expats who behave in ignorant ways!  There is a right way to handle them...

3 minutes ago, JMSIII said:

Drunk or not, nobody deserves having their head stomped.  That's just criminal.  If I ever would have stomped on somebody in my younger days, my father would have decked me!  I was raised to defend myself, but not to go beyond stopping the threat...  

In my younger days, we did not hit anyone who was on the ground.  When someone was knocked down, the fight stopped until he got back up and said he wanted to continue, it usually never continued, sometimes we shock hands and were able to become friends...

Sadly this has become commonplace in America today, ever since the glorification of the thug/gang lifestyle in America...

Very sad!

Level of damage control by nightclub security in Thailand leave much to be desired. They usually have a short fuse . Perhaps you get what you pay for. 

Just now, Ctkong said:

Level of damage control by nightclub security in Thailand leave much to be desired. They usually have a short fuse . Perhaps you get what you pay for. 

Yes that, and they have the knowledge that nothing will happen to them, other than maybe a small fine, if that...

15 hours ago, amykat said:

Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death?  I’ve seen it nearly, several times now, not always Thailand, once a mafia guy in Bali.

"Have you ever watched a guy get beat to death? I’ve seen it nearly..."

So you haven't seen it either!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Better establishments use off duty police personnel as security which is much better in my opinion. However those establishments also have better patrons ...

• Sad 1

Please never ever have a fight with a Thai, even when he's only 99 cm short. 

The loss of face is so strong that he'll be back with all his mates and knock you out. 

They usually don't stop even when you're on the ground bleeding like a pig.

I was there, done it and learnt my lesson. You can't win. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I dont understand why Thai tourism numbers are down.

Where else in the world can you be overcharged by a taxi to go to bar where you can pay high prices to drink bad beer in the company of elderly fat women, and have your head stomped on for free at the end of the evening? People should be flocking here in droves.

Most big cities.... Anywhere. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, E020 said:

Probably some drunk bloke asking for it.. if you dont do crazy you wont get in troubles in the world.. he must have deserved it..

Agree, odd after nineteen years never had a fight or big issue. These bar guys have a knack for getting into trouble non stop almost daily. Sometimes a beating does wonders.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

I believe if you do not provoke the bar security in Thailand and go about your way ,there is little chance of confrontation. Thais tend to avoid confrontation with foreigners if they can but some foreigners just love to be ‘in your face’ in certain confrontation and with the misunderstanding of the English usage of ‘fxxx’ ,the Thais may take offense of the word. I have seen great restraint by the Thai security on deplorable behaviors of drunk foreigners. Been in Bangkok for past 30 years and never ever got into a brawl of any kind with the Thais. 

Me either !