My drone videos of Thailand

CNXexpat

2017 I bought a Mavic Pro and I am very happy with it. The first videos - the last at this site - are my first tries and not soooo good. I hope you like.

A Hmong village at Doi Pui near Chiang Mai/Thailand

Mae Ya Waterfall in Thailand with drone crash

Mon Chaem near Chiang Mai/Thailand

Wat Huay Pla Kung in Chiang Rai/Thailand

Mountains and temple in north-east Thailand 2017

Koh Chang/Thailand 2017

Sporty park in Bangkok, 2017

My first drone video Wat Phra That Suthon Mongkhon Khiri, 2017

• 2 months later...

Much of this has now been made  illegal, flying over  villages is  not  allowed, in fact its gotten ridiculous..............my drones  have been in a  cupboard gathering dust.

1.Must not fly in a way that may cause harm to the life, property and peace of others;
2. Must not fly into restricted area, limited area and dangerous area announced in Aeronautical Information Publication – Thailand or AIP-Thailand and also at government buildings and hospitals unless permission is given.;
3. Take-off and landing area must not be obstructed by anything;
4. Must keep the Unmanned Aircraft in line-of-sight at all times and not rely on the monitor or other devices;
5. Must only fly between sunrise and sunset when the Unmanned Aircraft can clearly be seen;
6. Must not fly in or near clouds;
7. Must not fly within 9 km (5 nautical miles) from airport or temporary airfield unless having permission from the airport or airfields operators;
8. Must not fly over 90 meters above the ground;
9. Must not fly over cities, villages, communities or areas where people are gathered;
10. Must not fly near other aircraft that have pilots;
11. Must not violate the privacy rights of others;
12. Must not cause a nuisance to others;
13. Must not deliver or carry dangerous items or lasers on the Unmanned Aircraft; and
14. Must not fly horizontally closer than 50 meters (150 feet) to people, vehicles, constructions or buildings
15. When there is an accident access, pilot or controller must contract officer immediately for 18  months  now

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 4:02 PM, Chazar said:

Much of this has now been made  illegal, flying over  villages is  not  allowed, in fact its gotten ridiculous..............my drones  have been in a  cupboard gathering dust.

1.Must not fly in a way that may cause harm to the life, property and peace of others;
2. Must not fly into restricted area, limited area and dangerous area announced in Aeronautical Information Publication – Thailand or AIP-Thailand and also at government buildings and hospitals unless permission is given.;
3. Take-off and landing area must not be obstructed by anything;
4. Must keep the Unmanned Aircraft in line-of-sight at all times and not rely on the monitor or other devices;
5. Must only fly between sunrise and sunset when the Unmanned Aircraft can clearly be seen;
6. Must not fly in or near clouds;
7. Must not fly within 9 km (5 nautical miles) from airport or temporary airfield unless having permission from the airport or airfields operators;
8. Must not fly over 90 meters above the ground;
9. Must not fly over cities, villages, communities or areas where people are gathered;
10. Must not fly near other aircraft that have pilots;
11. Must not violate the privacy rights of others;
12. Must not cause a nuisance to others;
13. Must not deliver or carry dangerous items or lasers on the Unmanned Aircraft; and
14. Must not fly horizontally closer than 50 meters (150 feet) to people, vehicles, constructions or buildings
15. When there is an accident access, pilot or controller must contract officer immediately for 18  months  now

Killjoys!

But SAFETY is paramount.

The new DJI Mavic Mini has just come out weighing a paltry 249g. At this low weight it should get around restrictive drone laws in most countries.

That is, until they amend the respective laws to include it as well.

Archived