Oki dog food frozen dog food, any real meat inside ? Have you tried ?

There are a few brands of this kind of dog food.  They are ground meat.  But they do contain quite a bit of ground bone fragments too.  Maybe up to .5CM in size.  If that is a concern for you don't use it.  I don't know why but it has a different smell to it than what you get from ground meat you buy for human consumption.  Maybe from the bone content or perhaps some organ meat in it too?

It's ground/macerated chicken scraps bones and all.  I can buy it in bulk from the chicken vendor at the local outdoor market for 30 baht/kilo.  I've bought some in the past, boiled it and actually tasted it.  It doesn't taste bad but is full of the ground bones and I don't like to feed chicken bones to my dogs so I don't use it.  I buy fresh chicken innards, hearts, liver, gizzard and connecting tissue and boil it with some veggies and mix it with rice for my dogs.  Cost 65 baht/kilo and I buy at least 60 kilos a month as I have a "herd" of mutts.  The cats and chickens eat it too and I occasionally steal some liver and hearts  for myself, an all around family food!

thank you guys, but do you mean that the bones in the frozen food are not grounded ?

I know that we can buy chicken carcass for 24 thb at Makro, but it's really a big job to do when the woman is alone (and boring when I am there!). So I was expecting all grounded meat and bones in this frozen food, am I wrong ?

2 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

thank you guys, but do you mean that the bones in the frozen food are not grounded ?

I know that we can buy chicken carcass for 24 thb at Makro, but it's really a big job to do when the woman is alone (and boring when I am there!). So I was expecting all grounded meat and bones in this frozen food, am I wrong ?

The bones are ground with the meat, small, sometimes sharp, pieces.  You can buy breaded and deep fried  chicken carcasses at the Wednesday outdoor market and the vendor will grind them for you. As I said, I do not feed my dogs any chicken bones, only cooked chicken innards mixed with rice an Pedigree kibble.  

I raise Golden retrievers in the US and when I moved here I also raised them for about 10 years. In the US they only got dry dog food, usually Science Diet or Ukanuba, but it's impossible to find here in the "sticks and if you do it'll cost you an arm and a leg" so I used Pedigree and sublamented it with the chicken parts for added protein.  When I stopped raising Goldens I just kept on with the Innards for the Thai mutts that have adopted me.  I currently have 9 and two are 2 months old and free to anybody that wants them. 

Archived