Jump to content
BANGKOK
Wandr

Dermatologist

Recommended Posts

Is the section on dermatologist s updated in the Recommended list above? Or maybe another recommendation?

I just want a looksee but obviously it has to be someone with experience, who can tell an innocent mole from something that will knock me off my feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrBrad said:

For a similar query, I'm satisfied with the dermatology department at Ram Hospital.  It's located in the newer set of buildings along the moat to the south of the main hospital.  For a consultation fee of 500 baht your mind can be put at ease.  Call the main number 053-920-300 and ask for dermatology.

I would second that. The (lady) dermatologist knows her stuff, is attentive and reassuring.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr Virachaporn or Dr Chatbongkotch at RAM, both ladies, both very experienced in treating skin cancer problems. I'm living proof of that. I am there every 10 weeks and have been for 11 years +.I am a chronic sufferer, in my late 70's.Problems all due to my early years of surfing ,outdoor sports etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Dr Virachaporn or Dr Chatbongkotch at RAM, both ladies, both very experienced in treating skin cancer problems. I'm living proof of that. I am there every 10 weeks and have been for 11 years +.I am a chronic sufferer, in my late 70's.Problems all due to my early years of surfing ,outdoor sports etc.

I gained the impression, perhaps wrongly, from other posters that these drs are inclined to burn off any dark coloured 'blemishes'-rather than take the much more selective approach I am used to in UK.  Am I wrong?  I would be very happy to be corrected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I gained the impression, perhaps wrongly, from other posters that these drs are inclined to burn off any dark coloured 'blemishes'-rather than take the much more selective approach I am used to in UK.  Am I wrong?  I would be very happy to be corrected. 

Wrong


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, beau thai said:

I gained the impression, perhaps wrongly, from other posters that these drs are inclined to burn off any dark coloured 'blemishes'-rather than take the much more selective approach I am used to in UK.  Am I wrong?  I would be very happy to be corrected. 

Not true at all. If they have any doubt they will remove,partially or wholly, for testing.

 

Results are available within days.

 

The reason I am there every 10 weeks is to catch anything in its early stages. I undergo an average of 10 freezings each visit but have had surgery when required.

 

In my home country Australia Melanoma is responsible for around 2,000 deaths every year, including 2 of my close friends. Regular check ups are a sensible option if you are,like me, in the high risk category ie fair skin,blue eyes ,previous long unprotected exposure to the sun.

 

You can see the Doctors CV's on the RAM web site both are very experienced

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, beau thai said:

I gained the impression, perhaps wrongly, from other posters that these drs are inclined to burn off any dark coloured 'blemishes'-rather than take the much more selective approach I am used to in UK.  Am I wrong?  I would be very happy to be corrected. 

I visit Dr Vachiraporn at least twice a year and this is not my experience. On the last visit, for example, she spent quite some time inspecting a very dark mole under a magnifier before pronouncing that it did not need to be removed.

 

For the OP: the phone number to make an appointment to see her is 053 920372

Edited by CMoldie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Not true at all. If they have any doubt they will remove,partially or wholly, for testing.

 

Results are available within days.

 

The reason I am there every 10 weeks is to catch anything in its early stages. I undergo an average of 10 freezings each visit but have had surgery when required.

 

In my home country Australia Melanoma is responsible for around 2,000 deaths every year, including 2 of my close friends. Regular check ups are a sensible option if you are,like me, in the high risk category ie fair skin,blue eyes ,previous long unprotected exposure to the sun.

 

You can see the Doctors CV's on the RAM web site both are very experienced

 

 

 

 

 

Do the use Fluorouracil to get ahead of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2019 at 11:01 AM, Sparkles said:

Dr Virachaporn or Dr Chatbongkotch at RAM, both ladies, both very experienced in treating skin cancer problems. I'm living proof of that. I am there every 10 weeks and have been for 11 years +.I am a chronic sufferer, in my late 70's.Problems all due to my early years of surfing ,outdoor sports etc.

Why not go to their private clinics where the cost will be 1/2 the price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, hmficc said:

Do the use Fluorouracil to get ahead of it?

No. Neither do I use Aldara or Efudex as they both have an adverse effect on the surrounding normal skin. Liquid Nitrogen does it for me,the affected spot blisters and is gone within 2-3 weeks and seeing and treating ones back is out of the question. 

Edited by Sparkles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Why not go to their private clinics where the cost will be 1/2 the price?

I am quite satisfied with the service & price I am charged at RAM and it may well be Liquid Nitrogen & the applicator are not used at their clinics. I've never asked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Why not go to their private clinics where the cost will be 1/2 the price?

I inquired and was told that
a call in advance would be necessary so they could obtain the nitrogen and that the queues were long.

You sure about half price or guessing based on other data?


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bill97 said:


I inquired and was told that
a call in advance would be necessary so they could obtain the nitrogen and that the queues were long.

You sure about half price or guessing based on other data?


Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Guessing only. Every one of my doctors that charge 400-500 to see them at the hospital clinics charge 200-250 at their private clinics. I don't know the two doctors mentioned, but I once inquired about laser treatment by Dr. Siri at Sriphat and the cost was about 7,000 Baht. He charged me 1,700 Baht at his private clinic.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, elektrified said:

Why not go to their private clinics where the cost will be 1/2 the price?

Do you have contact information for the 2 doctors at RAM mentioned above?

I searched for Dr Vachiraporn but didn't find anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...