UK pensions life certificate

cooked

On 8/9/2019 at 8:43 PM, wjhall said:
On 8/9/2019 at 6:58 PM, Letseng said:

This life cert. comes every 2 yrs in my case, around about February. You can call them if you suspect you didn't get one. They will tell you what the case is. If you didn't receive it, you can arrange one by email. But they will not automatically email this form.

Certification cost me 4000 THB by a legal office in Bkk. Maybe there are cheaper options. If they stopped your pension due to missing cert. they back pay quickly. I always received helpful and friendky service from DHS.

400 baht! Wow. I paid a local doctor to do mine....300 baht...and I thought that was expensive.

I took a French person who barely spoke English to a local lawyer(notary) who couldn't speak french,read or write english he signed the form 1,000 baht. ????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, Saltire said:

OK this is a good post for me as I have not heard about this before and I have a year before I get my UK state pension and like to be prepared. I want to ask

who is eligible to countersign the form? Would the village chief be OK? I am in a small village and can't think of many other options.

Where can I download a copy of this form to see what's involved?

Interestingly I have a private pension that's been paid now for over 15 years and I have never seen such a form from them. I have another private one starting soon so can I expect these forms to start at some point?

Finally I am non resident in the UK 8 years but have paid tax every year. Legally, do I have to give them my Thai address when the pensions start or can I use the correspondence address I have been using since I left the UK?

Thanks

If it is of any help i have only looked at a french form and it said "Notary."

On 8/11/2019 at 9:11 AM, Saltire said:

OK this is a good post for me as I have not heard about this before and I have a year before I get my UK state pension and like to be prepared. I want to ask

who is eligible to countersign the form?

It is listed on the paperwork who is eligible to sign. 

2 minutes ago, Letseng said:

It is listed on the paperwork who is eligible to sign. 

That is a really rough guide. The Brit who signs mine runs his own estate agents in LOS. He is not any of the things in the list.

I phone pensions to make sure it is OK, always is...

Archived