Kid with a pot on his head instead of a helmet amuses Thailand

webfact

14 minutes ago, killala said:

For Christ’s sake people, lighten up. Absolutely hilarious. 

In my opinion, just one of the reasons there is no interest in safety is the belief by Thais they will be reincarnated as something else in the next life, so death isn't final.

Yes, look on the bright side. Perhaps this guy will come back as a pan of soup?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The main cause is that they can't drive safely.

PS. Note the lack of mirrors.

Edit. And no number plate on the bike.

mirrors are OPTIONAL EXTRAS....!!!

I have asked on here, before "why is it that any new motorbike sold HAS NO MIRRORS" still waiting an answer......

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I guess there is no need to explain it to you guys, but this kid does not seem to get the fact that his pot does not offer any protection, from anything other than flying debris! It is as likely to crush his skull and maim his face during a crash, as the pavement he will be hurled onto. Or was he just trying to be "cute"? Common sense? Let us not have any of that please. 

Yep, and in my opinion he is just mocking the law.

I bet they all chuckle when he comes off the bike and the pot goes rolling away while his dumb head is splattered all over the road, never mind, how we all chuckled, especially the laughing idiot cop! What a bunch of <deleted> - How funny the cop finds it, three on a bike, probably not old enough to drive, never mind...ho ho what a chuckle. Glad to see stupid things amuse stupid minds!

9 hours ago, Vacuum said:

And neither the headlight or the taillight or brake lights or turn signal indicator lights were working. 

One of the major complaints about the helmets is that they are hot and unwieldy . Perhaps someone in Thailand is able to design a roadworthy cost saving helmet that has scooped air wells like those on sport cars to have better air flow and has Bluetooth connectivity for phone conversation. Should be able to sell millions and save lives at the same time. 

And that my friends is why Thailand has the highest death toll,no mirrors,no helmets,3 on a bike,and those are the things that we can see. The police laugh and think it’s funny,just like many here.

Things will never change here,so just go with the flow.

3 minutes ago, Titan1962 said:

And that my friends is why Thailand has the highest death toll,no mirrors,no helmets,3 on a bike,and those are the things that we can see. The police laugh and think it’s funny,just like many here.

Things will never change here,so just go with the flow

of blood.

The issue is too easily lost on those never personally touched by consequences of bad decisions.  Aside from the tragic loss of so many young lives, and the broken hearts their deaths cause untold others, the many more who sustain permanent brain injuries is catastrophic.  Crippling lifelong dependency is yet another dark reality of noncompliance with a proper vehicle & traffic safety law.

Helmets have zero influence on when you are going to die. Its more important to smile while you can, which I think was the intention of the photo. You will still get the anal retentive safety posts from the goody goodys regardless. ????

6 minutes ago, nutsy65 said:

Helmets have zero influence on when you are going to die. Its more important to smile while you can, which I think was the intention of the photo. You will still get the anal retentive safety posts from the goody goodys regardless. ????

Your English is very good for a Thai. Have you been to the temple to ask a monk about the influence helmets have on life expectancy?

10 hours ago, Vacuum said:

And no turn signals, where I live it seems to be the norm for young boys with their bikes is to remove all safety items from the bike, then fit then with ridiculous skinny rims, they may look cool to them but have no concept of how dangerous they are in wet conditions. TIT gotta love it.

12 hours ago, Vacuum said:

So ha HA, BUT WHEN THE YOUNG UNLICECED ILLGAL RIDERS PULL OUT IN FRONT OF YOU AND DIE ITS THEN YOUR FAULT!!!!

12 hours ago, Vacuum said:

They cause too much drag - and add unnecessary weight - making it impossible to get her up to full speed. ????

13 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Mirrors is the first thing teenagers rip of when they get a motorbike, not worrying about speeding cars from behind when they change lanes. 

Archived