BANGKOK
webfact

Kid with a pot on his head instead of a helmet amuses Thailand

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand was in stitches after pictures of a boy wearing a pot with handles instead of a helmet were shared widely across social media. 

I remember once seeing a baby with a banana leaf on his head instead of a hat....can't remember now if we who seen it were all in stitches or not. Maybe the rest of Thailand was though if somebody posted a pic. of it ?

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The main cause is that they can't drive safely.

PS. Note the lack of mirrors.

Edit. And no number plate on the bike.

And 3 persons on one bike, driving license???, underage??? The lqck of other safety features such as a protective jacket, ditto pqnts, ditto gloves and footwear....

41 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I saw a guy riding around South Pattaya with a steel collander on his head a while back. Quite practical actually, the holes let the air flow through and keep his bonce nice and cool.

He might end up as a vegetable if he had an accident and strain his brains through the holes too.

• Like 1

Could be my boy, great stuff. Ride on, kid !

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

But they will never have an accident as they are all wearing the obligatory amulets.

Not just a Thai/Buddhist thing though. Years ago a 14 year old female student used to come to school on her motorcycle not wearing a helmet. Her rationale for doing this was that "God was protecting her so she didn't need a helmet". Her family were American missionaries.

This guy is deathproof

amulet-featured.jpg

5 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

family were American missionaries.

That says it all 

• Sad 1

I think the Police treating this incident as fun gives the kids completely the wrong I impression of what is required of them. They’ll take nothing away from this except it’s ok to do wrong, I don’t need mirrors or license it’s just one big joke. Failure all round.

• Like 2

Am I alone in thinking that the RTPs' issue skidlids are as much use as a chocolate teapot?

I look forward to the day schools stop under age students riding scooter/motorbike to school. They surely have a responsibility to instill a respect and abide by the law.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, friendphil said:

Well, I guess that says it all.  🤨

By the way--- what happened to Thaivisa's old selection of emojis?  There were some great emojis, wonderful emojis, unique emojis, very useful emojis.  Now they seem to have been supplanted by the usual ilk. 😐

They are still there, the category is "Default" HTH :stoner:

Community service as penalty clean the roads and pressure hose down the sidewalks, help garbage collection and dig some new plots for trees its free labour for the municipality if they just knew how other nations worked and did some travelling they would get these ideas but sadly they are just aliens to everyone. Its really sad

In the UK there is an expression "tin-pot idea" but not quite so in this case!

6 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

But they will never have an accident as they are all wearing the obligatory amulets.

Not just a Thai/Buddhist thing though. Years ago a 14 year old female student used to come to school on her motorcycle not wearing a helmet. Her rationale for doing this was that "God was protecting her so she didn't need a helmet". Her family were American missionaries.

And when I was first in Saudi car insurance was prohibited as it 'preempted the will of god'

No helmets for any of them, the headlight is covered up, no mirrors, the bike is overloaded, none of them probably have a license and the police think it's funny. You gotta love Thailand.

• Like 1