BANGKOK
webfact

Kid with a pot on his head instead of a helmet amuses Thailand

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Rather than the officer: "I rest stew for not wearing a proper helmet."

It's Irish Stew. I-rish stew in the name of the law. Its how the Garda nick criminals.

Not usually made in a hat though.

Well at least they only need to fine two guys, one of them is wearing a helmet 🙂

Not sure whether donating a helmet is a good idea. He has already a bag in the front basket - no space left where a helmet could be stored.

Posted (edited)

The parents don't care, the schools don't care, the police don't care. So neither do I. If they want to make a joke about road safety - everything has to be sanuk in Thailand, doesn't it - then let them. The utter stupidity of so many people in this country is way off the scale, even among those who are supposed to be responsible, and that is why no-one cares.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Like 2

I am just over the moon that the whole of Thailand and the Thais in general find this so amusing, I just hope that we don't have to read next week or soon after that the moronic plod let them off with a smile and a wave had to go and attend an accident scene when they ended up under the wheels of a 10 wheeler truck or anything else for that matter.

When is this country ever gonna get serious with the blatant flouting of traffics laws and regulations, those imbecile cops should be hauled in front of their superior told to hand in their uniforms and set free to go & play with the traffic on a motorway somewhere, sheesh this country is so chuffin backwards at times.

And before some of you want to berate me & and my exasperated attitude ask a few members on here who have been screwed by stupid cops when the indigenous population run into the back of/ side of / front of stationary vehicles and the 3 morons reported on here yesterday or the day before that drove into the side of a Fortuner. 

• Like 1

One out of three isn't bad.

Hope it was clean..

The fact that the Thailand people think its funny, is a sad reflection on the society at large. 

Death Kills.....no second chances. 

FB_IMG_1536383956435.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

I have seen guys riding around with a rickety strapless construction safety hard hat, had the pot was a teflon coated one and had a strap, it would have passed for a helmet for sure... and in a case of an accident, the only item that will be undamaged will be the pot...

The pot probably gives better protection......Apart from the handle which would probably decapitate him.

The bike wasn't souped up, but it sure looks like he was.

• Haha 1

Is he the first Thai "pothead" pulled over since medical pot legalization?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The main cause is that they can't drive safely.

PS. Note the lack of mirrors.

Edit. And no number plate on the bike.

i think the problem is children's on bikes not children's on bikes with a kitchenpot on their heads

7 hours ago, Cadbury said:

This sort of stuff certainly brings out the child in them. Not a thought about the seriousness of the matter.

Yes, I agree with you.  But.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do...   And I give the cops credit for having some humor about it and not jacking the poor kid up!  

• Sad 1

Dead Thais on the roads with brains and blood all over the road is really really not funny. It's not a joke. 

Apart from the pot on his head , Is 3 on a bike legal in Thailand ? it seems the norm 

8 hours ago, Vacuum said:

The main cause is that they can't drive safely.

PS. Note the lack of mirrors.

Edit. And no number plate on the bike.

Number plate on the Back

For Christ’s sake people, lighten up. Absolutely hilarious.