Gun toting taxi driver.... surprise, surprise he turns out to be a cop!

webfact

Disgraceful and unforgiveable but hey; this is Thailand, the 'Tolerant Society' where billions of Baht are stolen by Government Officials at all levels on a daily if not hourly basis, Monks 'interfere ' with Children and have Children with Women whilst still wearing a Robe, spend all their 'Gifts' recieved from the poor on Luxury Food and Goods whilst feeding the food donations to their dogs, steal millions and 'vanish' before they are arrested.   Policemen flout every Driving and Safety law themselves, Commit Murder of Tourists and Colleagues and take Back Handers at every turn.  Teachers do not teach but 'impose' on Children 'what to think' not 'how to think' whilst the dumb Parents keep sending them 'Gifts' to bribe them into giving their kids good grades etc.

Against this backdrop what do we think is likely to happen to a Rogue Cop who points a Gun at someone whilst Moonlighting driving a Taxi ?   My guess would be there will be plenty of 'front' as it is all on a Helmet Camera and posted on Social Media, so the 'Authorities' will have to make it look like they are doing something but as time passes we all know that it will be swept under the carpet after he becomes a Monk for a week and apologises for 'Tarnishing the image of Thailand'.....that is when he decides to turn up at work !

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, essox essox said:

what is a SERVICING POLICE OFFICER???? does he perform a service on ones vehicle???

Being heterosexual

the idea of a Thai man (of any posting) serving me makes afraid hahaha ????????????

Off duty Thai Police man almost causes multiple deaths by motorway pile up and pulls a gun on motorist in anger pointing it at his head - fine upto maximum 6000 baht.

What a joke, he should be fired and jailed.

32 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Thailand, where bullet-proof vests are deemed war weapons, and hand guns are pointing devices.

Stab vests are now a fashion statement in the UK

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

So max 1000b for pointing a gun at someone. Then up to 5000b for driving dangerously.

No wonder this place is a mess.

But prison and steep fines for a bit of harmless weed.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

He has the rank of police sub-lieutenant - that is the ninth highest rank in the force.

I'm not sure what importance this lent to the article but according to Wikipedia there are 10 ranks of police officers. Police Sub Lieutenant is the lowest rank. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police#Officers

It's not the highest of anything.

It will be a new era when one grows balls and gets enough testosterone to have facial hair and function as a modern man - until then we just have boys with their toys

I look forward to the day when evolution comes it will be like a pokemon moving up in the ranks

But honestly this is just a shit show - are there any adults around?

I am not in the slightest bit surprised at this, as I experienced a similar thing myself. In a taxi with my wife, The driver (as in this case) started acting like a child with another driver, overtaking, stopping in front of him, then swapping the role. I asked to be let out but the driver ignored me so I slapped him on the side of the head. Then he began to drive properly (I use the term loosely), and when we got home the neanderthal told my wife he was an off-duty cop and if he had had his gun with him he would have shot me.

49 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I'm not sure what importance this lent to the article but according to Wikipedia there are 10 ranks of police officers. Police Sub Lieutenant is the lowest rank. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police#Officers

It's not the highest of anything.

Sub Lt is the lowest commissioned rank and first step on career path for a junior officer. It's also the last step on the career path for some senior NCOs, who can be promoted to Sub Lt prior to retiring. 

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pak Klong San police will be handling the criminal case or cases against the police officer as the crime happened in their jurisdiction. 

The Pak Klong San police can say this with a straight face ? It made me smile just to read. ????

9 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Police man moonlighting as a taxi driver with a gun, you couldn't make this shit up

Actually, last time I went to the airport in a taxi I noticed the name on the photo in the front of the car, on the dash - said Captain Bla Bla.  When I asked the driver if he was ex army or something he said "No, I am a Captain in the police force, this is my second job".

I can only think that maybe he has a few 'Mia Noi's' to take care of ????.

I didn't see any gun though.

Archived