Bangkok’s Gaggan will shut forever later this month

webfact

Love indian food, have enjoyed many trips to India years ago, still have many indian friends/partners etc. .. so not at all bashing India.....but in Thailand some greedy Indians think consumers are fools and overcharge for their sh*it*y restaurants....and apparently it works !!. ... boycott such scam holes that may serve acceptable indian cuisine but who overcharge.....

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Love indian food, have enjoyed many trips to India years ago, still have many indian friends/partners etc. .. so not at all bashing India.....but in Thailand some greedy Indians think consumers are fools and overcharge for their sh*it*y restaurants....and apparently it works !!. ... boycott such scam holes that may serve acceptable indian cuisine but who overcharge.....

Gaggan has as much in common with the typical Indian restaurant as an F 35 Stealth jet has with a World War I biplane.

On 8/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, atyclb said:

although i know gaggan and appreciate them it is not for everybody. taste varies and just because someone does not know about or care about a place like that doesnt mean they dont have taste.  they have their own preferences.

What does Michelin represent and how much is a star worth.  Sure it means they don't have taste in the world of food or there would not be a Michelin guide.  I'm sure there is also a Joe's slum food guide too.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:
On 8/11/2019 at 8:22 PM, atyclb said:

although i know gaggan and appreciate them it is not for everybody. taste varies and just because someone does not know about or care about a place like that doesnt mean they dont have taste.  they have their own preferences.

What does Michelin represent and how much is a star worth.  Sure it means they don't have taste in the world of food or there would not be a Michelin guide.  I'm sure there is also a Joe's slum food guide too.  

i have eaten at so called michelin starred places like . tim wan ho in bangkok and their food and dim sum they are famous for was not as good as hong kong dim sum in bkk chinatown and every dim sum place in nyc chinatown was better also. so the non michelin star places were better and cost a lot less. many non michelin star place have great food. in france and italy  i found great food at non michelin places. i'm sure lots of restaurants are worthy of a star but simply dont care nor do their patrons.

speaking about slum food have had great mexican food in mole sauce in mexico and in san diego. history of mole is based upon people being too poor to eat more expensive food so they developed mole.  jerk chicken, also originating from slums in jamaica is a great dish.

no doubt a star or more may mean something but tons of restaurants have great food and have no affiliation with michelin. 

"

Paris chef Alain Senderens also gave up his stars that year, opting to close and revamp the three-star Lucas Carton. “I feel like having fun,” Senderens told the New York Times. “I dont want to feed my ego anymore. I am too old for that. I can do beautiful cuisine without all the tra-la-la and chichi, and put the money into what’s on the plate.”  https://www.eater.com/2017/9/21/16345242/chefs-give-back-michelin-stars

"

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

i have eaten at so called michelin starred places like . tim wan ho in bangkok and their food and dim sum they are famous for was not as good as hong kong dim sum in bkk chinatown and every dim sum place in nyc chinatown was better also. so the non michelin star places were better and cost a lot less. many non michelin star place have great food. in france and italy  i found great food at non michelin places. i'm sure lots of restaurants are worthy of a star but simply dont care nor do their patrons.

speaking about slum food have had great mexican food in mole sauce in mexico and in san diego. history of mole is based upon people being too poor to eat more expensive food so they developed mole.  jerk chicken, also originating from slums in jamaica is a great dish.

no doubt a star or more may mean something but tons of restaurants have great food and have no affiliation with michelin. 

"

Paris chef Alain Senderens also gave up his stars that year, opting to close and revamp the three-star Lucas Carton. “I feel like having fun,” Senderens told the New York Times. “I dont want to feed my ego anymore. I am too old for that. I can do beautiful cuisine without all the tra-la-la and chichi, and put the money into what’s on the plate.”  https://www.eater.com/2017/9/21/16345242/chefs-give-back-michelin-stars

"

Go argue Michelin doesn't  mean anything. You will of course lose.  Same as an Olympic medal means nothing.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

"

"

Go argue Michelin doesn't  mean anything. You will of course lose.  Same as an Olympic medal means nothing.  

if you think i am trying to say michelin doesn't mean anything than you you are worthy of a gold medal in "the art of missing the point"

16 hours ago, atyclb said:

if you think i am trying to say michelin doesn't mean anything than you you are worthy of a gold medal in "the art of missing the point"

You wrote" i found great food at non michelin places. i'm sure lots of restaurants are worthy of a star but simply dont care nor do their patrons."

Yes I think you are trying to say Michelin doesn't mean anything.  I guess you are worthy of a gold medal of missing your own point. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, marcusarelus said:
On 8/14/2019 at 6:50 PM, atyclb said:

You wrote" i found great food at non michelin places. i'm sure lots of restaurants are worthy of a star but simply dont care nor do their patrons."

Yes I think you are trying to say Michelin doesn't mean anything.  I guess you are worthy of a gold medal of missing your own point. 

i wrote . "

"no doubt a star or more may mean something but tons of restaurants have great food and have no affiliation with michelin."

"i found great food at non michelin places. i'm sure lots of restaurants are worthy of a star but simply dont care nor do their patrons."

bold, italic, underlined and in case you missed it also in red.

His other restaurant ventures in BKK are also nice, Sühring (Michelin german food) and Meatlicious (Japanese Meat) - for those wanting to try something new. 

Tho i prefer suhring, i am not much into Wagyu Beef at all, somehow prefer USDA Prime and co american Beef, lean meat is better for me.

He's a co-owner of these imo.

Over hyped. Over priced. Over now. 

(And yes, I've eaten there.)

No problem paying 5-star prices if the whole experience is 5-star. That means quality and presentation of food. Standards and consistency of service. Overall attention to detail.

On 8/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, bluesofa said:

Oh yes! Another excellent play on worms there.

Pismronunciation... people who can't say their worms correctly, or who use the wrong worms entirely, so that other people cannot underhand a bird they are spraying. It's just that you open your mouse, and the worms come turbling out in wuck a say that you dick not what you're thugging to be, and it's very distressing.

Archived