Frenchman found dead in Samui

webfact

Frenchman found dead in Samui

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police were called to a concrete road behind the Lamai market yesterday after the discovery of a dead foreign tourist. 

Yann Naquin, 31, was dead by the side of the road. A large black suitcase was on the road near the body. 

There were no signs of injury to the body and there was no evidence of foul play in a room that he had been sharing nearby with a Thai woman by the name of Jirawan Changlor, 20. 

Jirawan said that the Frenchman had come to Thailand three months ago and she had been looking after him for the last month.

She said that he was a heavy drinker and that on Monday he had gone to hospital and stayed a night after being diagnosed with liver disease. He came back and continued to drink heavily. 

Then on Wednesday night Jirawan said that he was delirious and babbling to himself all night like a madman. 

He then threw his belongings in a suitcase and announced he was leaving to go and see a friend. 

Police found evidence of the hospital visit and many empties in a black bag in the room. 

They believe that he literally drunk himself to death. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-09

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

Jirawan said that the Frenchman had come to Thailand three months ago and she had been looking after him for the last month.

More likely the opposite. 31 and managed to drink himself to death,.sad really.

The average age of farang deaths in Thailand seems to be dropping.

Twenty years ago it was mostly older farang bar punters.

Nowadays its guys in their twenties and thirties who get carried out feet first.

This story is credible. Thai men drop dead all the time from alcohol poisoning expecially ,ya dong and soi  moonshine which is about 40 baht for small bottle.

Farangs will die as well even experienced drinkers like the Frenchman will check out.

I think it's the humidity, burning money and stress of living in Thailand that accelerates problems. Some people just can't handle living in Asia and should go home.

1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

Farangs will die as well even experienced drinkers like the Frenchman will check out.

How do you identify experienced drinkers? Those who check out? What an inane statement.

Sorry but had a childhood friend who was an alcoholic and died at the same age of 31....

they make their own bed and must lie in it....

my guess is many tried to help him along at various points in his life but was never able to turn it around...

They just can’t be saved if they don’t want to help themselves...they end up free fallin’

11 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Sorry but had a childhood friend who was an alcoholic and died at the same age of 31....

they make their own bed and must lie in it....

my guess is many tried to help him along at various points in his life but was never able to turn it around...

They just can’t be saved if they don’t want to help themselves...they end up free fallin’

Brains so damaged incapable often of making an informed decision.

Addicted to alcohol and the body needs it to survive, withdrawal often leads to death unless medically supervised

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Looking after his wallet.

10 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Heavy drinker with bar girl. far to common here.

It seems you two know her in person, because the first one knows for what she is looking and the second one that she is a bar girl. 

6 hours ago, Vacuum said:

More likely the opposite. 31 and managed to drink himself to death,.sad really.

So, now you blame her for letting him drink??? What would the world be if we can´t blame a Thai?

You do know that you can´t help a person that do not want to help him-/herself when it comes to alcoholism and other drug addicts?

So, now you blame her for letting him drink??? What would the world be if we can´t blame a Thai?

You do know that you can´t help a person that do not want to help him-/herself when it comes to alcoholism and other drug addicts?

Correct. HELP was available but if the individual will not accept does no good. RIP Frenchman. 31, dead from drink in a culvert on Koh Samui.

Thailand, livin’ the dream.

2 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Yes, I've seen it here for years. Mostly Thais and many farang.

That's not inane.  How long have you lived in Thailand.  If ever?

Fourteen years continuously, and before that I've been coming here since 1973 at least once or twice a year. And you?

5 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Thai men drop dead all the time from alcohol poisoning expecially ,ya dong and soi  moonshine

My father-in-law gave me some of his ya dong last night. I said it tasted exactly like lao khao. "But it has herbs" they kept saying. Looked like pieces of bark to me.

Anyway, terribly sad to hear of this, my deepest condolences to his family.

10 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

The average age of farang deaths in Thailand seems to be dropping.

Twenty years ago it was mostly older farang bar punters.

Nowadays its guys in their twenties and thirties who get carried out feet first.

This story is credible. Thai men drop dead all the time from alcohol poisoning expecially ,ya dong and soi  moonshine which is about 40 baht for small bottle.

I think it's the humidity, burning money and stress of living in Thailand that accelerates problems. Some people just can't handle living in Asia and should go home.

I think the heat might be part of the problem. I was there for 35 days and I could not wait to get out after two weeks. You can easily go into a spiral downhill, specially if you can not speak Thai or have any friends around you.

6 hours ago, GoodieAfterDark said:

I think the heat might be part of the problem. I was there for 35 days and I could not wait to get out after two weeks. You can easily go into a spiral downhill, specially if you can not speak Thai or have any friends around you.

BINGO: Can not speak Thai !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   BIG HINT: If you are unwilling to learn Thai stop complaining , stop drinking, and grow a brain what is left of it.

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, I don't blame her. What I meant was I think he took care of the lady (financially) not the other way around.  And I thought it was sad to die from drinking at such a young age.

7 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

No, I don't blame her. What I meant was I think he took care of the lady (financially) not the other way around.  And I thought it was sad to die from drinking at such a young age.

They did not mean financial care in this news, but of course that´s the only know expression in combination with care for the greater part of Thailands expat community.

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

They did not mean financial care in this news, but of course that´s the only know expression in combination with care for the greater part of Thailands expat community.

maybe the expat think it because its the truth?

You think she stay with him for nothing because of charm and good looks?

and putting up with drunken episodes for fun?

17 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

maybe the expat think it because its the truth?

You think she stay with him for nothing because of charm and good looks?

and putting up with drunken episodes for fun?

No ,I did not think that in this case, but they related to other kind of care in the news. Also have been hering this BS talk from too many loosers that has come to this country thinking they are the king of the country from start. After 60% fail and the other 40 complain and blame Thgai girls and other Thai´s for their poor judgement.

19 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No ,I did not think that in this case, but they related to other kind of care in the news. Also have been hering this BS talk from too many loosers that has come to this country thinking they are the king of the country from start. After 60% fail and the other 40 complain and blame Thgai girls and other Thai´s for their poor judgement.

you got that right.

then theres the loonies who buy the house that cannot own

and get kicked out 2 years later and say Thai lady did scam them!

Archived