Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

webfact

Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1565324765_1-org.jpg

Image: CCTV / supplied

PHUKET: A truck driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death after a woman riding a motorbike was crushed under the wheels of the truck he was driving at a busy intersection in Wichit yesterday (Aug 8).

Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk confirmed to The Phuket News that the accident occurred at the intersection of Thepanusorn Rd and Chao Fa East Rd at 2:20pm.

Truck driver Aphichart Sripan, 32, from Krabi, stopped at the traffic lights, and Supanee Ngakajornkulkit, 57, rode her motorbike to in front of the truck to wait for the lights, Col Nikorn explained.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/truck-driver-charged-as-woman-crushed-under-wheels-in-wichit-72455.php#FIUU8GBii1Oke4qZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-09

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I"ve just watched the video and there is no way that the truck driver was in any way to blame.

The government is to blame for not insisting that driving standards are raised with better training and tighter regulations.

This lady was not on a suicide mission, nor was she nuts, she was badly educated on how to drive safely!

18 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I"ve just watched the video and there is no way that the truck driver was in any way to blame.

The government is to blame for not insisting that driving standards are raised with better training and tighter regulations.

This lady was not on a suicide mission, nor was she nuts, she was badly educated on how to drive safely!

RIP to this lady, but in Thailand motorcyclists are a menace, whether one's a pedestrian or another road user.

41 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Where is the video posted?

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

Yes, agreed. In my younger years I rode a bike a lot, due to necessity. Had to pass the cycling proficiency test when I was 10 (lots of Highway Code stuff).

I watched the video this morning on TV news. The motorcyclist failed to wait behind the truck (another motorcyclist did) but undertook the truck obviously in the truck driver's blind spot. The bike then turns directly in front of the truck at a slight angle, again the truck driver would not have seen it from his elevated position. They started to move off and the truck ran over the bike but the truck driver braked as soon as contact was felt or heard.

To apportion any blame to the truck driver for this incident is nonsense unless it was premeditated road rage from an earlier altercation.

Truck runs over motorcyclist in Phuket Town – VIDEO

By The Thaiger

Screen-Shot-2019-08-09-at-12.43.33.png

WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. The content of the video could be distressing to some.

Yesterday afternoon (Thursday) a 10 wheel truck ran over a motorcyclist at the intersection in front of the Thepnimit Temple – Soi Thep Anusorn on Chao Fah East Road.

At the scene, police found a white 10 wheel truck parked next to the traffic light and found a grey motorcycle trapped underneath with the body of a woman. The woman was critically injured and was rushed to hospital, where she later passed away due to her injuries.

After checking CCTV cameras near the intersection, police found that before the accident, the truck was waiting at the red light on the lane to turn right to Soi Thep Anusorn. The motorcyclist was riding her motorcycle near the truck then overtook to park in front of the truck to wait for the green light. Suddenly when the light turned green, the truck driver drove forward without noticing the motorcyclist and drove straight over her.

Police said that the incident was caused by reckless driving by both the drivers. The truck driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death.

VIDEO: Channel 3

Readers are warned that the video below may be distressing to some viewers.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/truck-runs-over-motorcyclist-in-phuket-town-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-08-09

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

A lot of Thais seem to have blind spots. Usually located on either side of their nose.

That sounds rather like my favourite description of the inhabitants of one small nation that will remain nameless - "evenly balanced by the chip on each shoulder"

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Truck runs over motorcyclist in Phuket Town – VIDEO

By The Thaiger

Screen-Shot-2019-08-09-at-12.43.33.png

WARNING: Viewer discretion is advised. The content of the video could be distressing to some.

Yesterday afternoon (Thursday) a 10 wheel truck ran over a motorcyclist at the intersection in front of the Thepnimit Temple – Soi Thep Anusorn on Chao Fah East Road.

At the scene, police found a white 10 wheel truck parked next to the traffic light and found a grey motorcycle trapped underneath with the body of a woman. The woman was critically injured and was rushed to hospital, where she later passed away due to her injuries.

After checking CCTV cameras near the intersection, police found that before the accident, the truck was waiting at the red light on the lane to turn right to Soi Thep Anusorn. The motorcyclist was riding her motorcycle near the truck then overtook to park in front of the truck to wait for the green light. Suddenly when the light turned green, the truck driver drove forward without noticing the motorcyclist and drove straight over her.

Police said that the incident was caused by reckless driving by both the drivers. The truck driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death.

VIDEO: Channel 3

Readers are warned that the video below may be distressing to some viewers.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/truck-runs-over-motorcyclist-in-phuket-town-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-08-09

She overtook the truck when the truck started moving and she was slower than the truck. I can´t see a fault of the truck driver.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

“The cause of death is reckless driving by both drivers,” Col Nikorn said.

Exactly .... the lady should not have pushed in front of a large truck with limited near lower vision. Just suicidal but they usually get away with it.

Many of those trucks can't see a duck because of all the stickers they put on their windscreen....it's about time the police starts fining for that.

4 hours ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Exactly couldnt put it better myself

What to expect when they do not know how to drive? Being behind a vehicle is very dangerous and with no driving test and no real road etiquette we just see a huge death circus and no one cares

This is one of literally millions of incidents and sadly no one has the balls to talk about it to fix it

They are very good at avoiding doing any work or coming with any solution they just dont get it - the low IQ is so prevalent it would be outside of most to have the competence to even create a sentence let alone dialog about road law reformation  

Archived