BANGKOK
webfact

Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1565324765_1-org.jpg

Image: CCTV / supplied

PHUKET: A truck driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death after a woman riding a motorbike was crushed under the wheels of the truck he was driving at a busy intersection in Wichit yesterday (Aug 8).

Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk confirmed to The Phuket News that the accident occurred at the intersection of Thepanusorn Rd and Chao Fa East Rd at 2:20pm.

Truck driver Aphichart Sripan, 32, from Krabi, stopped at the traffic lights, and Supanee Ngakajornkulkit, 57, rode her motorbike to in front of the truck to wait for the lights, Col Nikorn explained.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/truck-driver-charged-as-woman-crushed-under-wheels-in-wichit-72455.php#FIUU8GBii1Oke4qZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-09

41 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I"ve just watched the video and there is no way that the truck driver was in any way to blame.

The government is to blame for not insisting that driving standards are raised with better training and tighter regulations.

This lady was not on a suicide mission, nor was she nuts, she was badly educated on how to drive safely!

Where is the video posted?

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Where is the video posted?

Ask your Thai friends, it's all over social media.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Why, when I can ask you?

I deleted it out of respect. If it was my sister I would not want that video going around. Locals don't seem to care.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Same same in the UK, with cyclists.

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

Yes, agreed. In my younger years I rode a bike a lot, due to necessity. Had to pass the cycling proficiency test when I was 10 (lots of Highway Code stuff).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

rode her motorbike to in front of the truck

They all  do this and no one at the junctions ever does anything, usually a  police  box  looking  on.

• Like 2