Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

webfact

Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1565324765_1-org.jpg

Image: CCTV / supplied

PHUKET: A truck driver has been charged with reckless driving causing death after a woman riding a motorbike was crushed under the wheels of the truck he was driving at a busy intersection in Wichit yesterday (Aug 8).

Wichit Police Chief Col Nikorn Somsuk confirmed to The Phuket News that the accident occurred at the intersection of Thepanusorn Rd and Chao Fa East Rd at 2:20pm.

Truck driver Aphichart Sripan, 32, from Krabi, stopped at the traffic lights, and Supanee Ngakajornkulkit, 57, rode her motorbike to in front of the truck to wait for the lights, Col Nikorn explained.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/truck-driver-charged-as-woman-crushed-under-wheels-in-wichit-72455.php#FIUU8GBii1Oke4qZ.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-08-09

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“The cause of death is reckless driving by both drivers,” Col Nikorn said.

Exactly .... the lady should not have pushed in front of a large truck with limited near lower vision. Just suicidal but they usually get away with it.

I"ve just watched the video and there is no way that the truck driver was in any way to blame.

The government is to blame for not insisting that driving standards are raised with better training and tighter regulations.

This lady was not on a suicide mission, nor was she nuts, she was badly educated on how to drive safely!

18 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I"ve just watched the video and there is no way that the truck driver was in any way to blame.

The government is to blame for not insisting that driving standards are raised with better training and tighter regulations.

This lady was not on a suicide mission, nor was she nuts, she was badly educated on how to drive safely!

RIP to this lady, but in Thailand motorcyclists are a menace, whether one's a pedestrian or another road user.

41 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

Where is the video posted?

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

Same same in the UK, with cyclists.

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

2 minutes ago, Seismic said:

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

Yes, agreed. In my younger years I rode a bike a lot, due to necessity. Had to pass the cycling proficiency test when I was 10 (lots of Highway Code stuff).

58 minutes ago, Goldieinkathu said:

I deleted it out of respect. If it was my sister I would not want that video going around. Locals don't seem to care.

but its not your sister is it..so you've watched it and decided that we souldn't see it?

Archived