BANGKOK
webfact

Truck driver charged as woman crushed under wheels in Wichit

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Seismic said:

The difference being most UK cyclists actually understand that trucks have blind spots.

90% of people using the road in the UK all have road sense not like these Thai people who do not seem to have the sense they were born with ?

Edited by Tomahawk21

The motorcyclist was totally in the wrong, she used a lane that was not there and then got in the blind spot of the truck driver.  90% of the problem with the road rules in Thailand is the police , they simply don't know the rules whether their not explained properly at training or their just to dumb to understand the rules, or dare I say a big brown envelope has changed hands to help said police pass the test. Whatever the truck driver was not at fault. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that nobody noticed the bike in front of her jumping the red light.

Did the truck have the lower half of his windscreen covered with a curtain and the rest of the screen almost blanked out with stickers and ecclesiastical dangles ? As this type of incident is a regular occurrence perhaps the driver might like to invest in an extra 15 'wing' mirrors so a sneaky brain dead motorcyclist can be seen jumping the queue .   

zl.JPG

15 hours ago, MartiniMan said:

'mai ruuu'

'willy! it haz in yo kuntri?'

'oh velly velly bad oh my buddha so sad'

'oh so sad lady hit bus oh no'

Freaking rude post!

I wonder what the Thais would have to say about your Thai speak.

• Like 1

Any where there is a gap Thai's will go for it I dont think most of these riders know that most vehicles have a blind spot more so with big trucks

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hyku1147 said:

I hope that she died quickly.

RIP.

Read the article, she died later in Hospital ... she would have suffered great pain unles unconscious ....

Yet another case of Me First. The woman drove right in front of the truck which had already begun to move. About as dumb and selfish as you can get, and she paid the ultimate price. Notice also in the video that the biker in front of her drove straight through before the light had changed.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Why, when I can ask my Thaivisa friends?

you don't have any Thai Visa friends, none of us have. 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, dblh said:

Looks like the truck is going straight, not turning right unlike this lady.

I suspect that if the rear dual tire sets don't clear the curb by going out straight initially, the truck will jump the median.

Probably more to the point is that the intersection at that location wasn't designed for large trucks making sharp right-hand turns. Not a problem for a shorter auto or motor bike. I've seen Thailand  intersections where dual trailer trucks have to make a 3-point turn traveling almost through the intersection to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1