BANGKOK
webfact

Six die per hour from heart attacks in Thailand - more need to know CPR

Learning how to perform CPR won't be a lot of good if you are then unable to get to the hospital because moron drivers refuse to move over for ambulances on the roads.

6 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Learning how to perform CPR won't be a lot of good if you are then unable to get to the hospital because moron drivers refuse to move over for ambulances on the roads.

Irrelevant, ALS care would be initiated by then. Unless your in your POV, then the victim is 95% f*ked anyway.

• Like 1

close every outlet selling american based fast foods, plus ban dairy products and everything will be ok.

22 hours ago, Fred white said:

Does Thailand have anything like a DNR?

Bangkok hospital in BKK does not have one but their Pattaya branch has a basic one.  When presenting my health care directive to Bangkok hospital in BKK they offered to scan it and place it in my records.  I cited the Thailand National Health Care Act B.E. 2550 Chapter 1 Section 12 which states that an individual has the right to create a document to direct their health care.  My directive assumes that I am in a coma, persistent vegetative state or have some end stage disease where a meaningful recovery is unlikely and I have lost the capacity to make decisions or communicate them.  I also have a health care advocate who can make decisions according to my wishes and is strong enough to challenge the medical system to insure that they are complied with.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SmartyMarty said:

close every outlet selling american based fast foods, plus ban dairy products and everything will be ok.

But keep on smoking too, na,?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Filipplenoir said:

Any progress on cancer research. Have they invented the miracle pill yet. ?

Progress yes. Miracle pill no.

15 hours ago, Filipplenoir said:

Any progress on cancer research. Have they invented the miracle pill yet. ?

As a cancer survivor but one who is very aware that it often returns, I can say that there is no 'miracle pill' but there have been some major advances recently. I keep myself well informed in case it comes knocking again.

The advances in genetic therapies - editing etc. seem the most promising but there's a lot to do yet.

33 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

As a cancer survivor but one who is very aware that it often returns, I can say that there is no 'miracle pill' but there have been some major advances recently. I keep myself well informed in case it comes knocking again.

The advances in genetic therapies - editing etc. seem the most promising but there's a lot to do yet.

Genetic manipulation ain't that what caused the zombies, just kidding I hope they do develop a cure 3 people close to me died from cancer