Money gone

Tayida

You were lucky they didn't catch her. Any arrest would have likely led to a press release including your full name as victim, a copy of your passport identification page and your photos all over the web. The ladyboy meanwhile will have slithered off the hook with a 500 baht fine and remain largely unidentifiable after presenting a dodgy ID and sitting for a photoshoot with a face mask and a wig. 
Yeah well. I was a tourist. Why would I care?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/9/2019 at 12:28 PM, BritManToo said:

Next time have a safe in your room, and keep your wallet in it when you have a woman over.

2,500bht is a small price to pay to learn the lesson you can't trust women.

You can't trust anyone in LOS, man or woman. 

1 hour ago, Wongkitlo said:

Yeah well. I was a tourist. Why would I care?

A better question would be why would the theiving ladyboy care, since she'd be free to resume operations within a few hours with impunity. You on the other hand would be forever associated with a transsexual in a Bangkok red light district any time someone googled your name. 

14 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

A better question would be why would the theiving ladyboy care, since she'd be free to resume operations within a few hours with impunity. You on the other hand would be forever associated with a transsexual in a Bangkok red light district any time someone googled your name. 

Go and have a word with yourself.

2 hours ago, sotonowl said:
16 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Go and have a word with yourself.

Believe me, I'm aware of the irony, but the situation remains as I described it. The ladyboy will be back on the streets in a matter of hours. The upstanding foreigner will have their name on the net associated with a ladyboy and a red light district for all eternity. So the question for the tourist is this - what will be the repercussions of me doing the right thing and attempting to get my stuff back and the ladyboy prosecuted? Will it have effects on my marriage, family, friends and job back at home? If the police here could be expected to serve justice it might be a different matter, but we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. 

9 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Maybe you can't, but that says more about you than anyone else.

I have many many Thai people that I trust, and that trust has never been betrayed.

good for you mate, I on the other hand, treat most people fairly, in a friendly enough way,  but with due caution, Thai, farang, expat or tourist. I've been around Thailand too long and seen too much here, not to be cautious about who I interact with, or who gains my total confidence.  Yes, in that respect, it does say a lot about me; I'm sensible, in a country  and society  that  needs people to be so. 

Am actually heterosexual and was walking down the road and was assailed. Breasts in face, one hand on crotch and the other in my pocket. Recently my friend was telling me how when he went to Pattaya how much he enjoyed having a guy with breasts sticking his... I was more upset about losing my wallet than any internet post could make me. I still think he should report it. If he has a picture of her it should be an easy one for the police. She has done it once and will keep doing it given the chance. In my case she stole my Visa card and I would have lost my card insurance If I hadn't reported.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, BritManToo said:

No police force in the world would take action over such a small amount.

In the UK they don't even arrest shoplifters that steal less than 100 pound/Euros.

In US they shoot them for 20...

I think it was in Minnesota that shop clerk shot a thief who stole 20$ worth of stuff and tried to run out of the store... Can't find article now ????

Am actually heterosexual and was walking down the road and was assailed. Breasts in face... 

This makes it sound like you're either very short, or were nuzzling willingly. Nothing good could result in having your name plastered across the internet in relation to this story. 

This makes it sound like you're either very short, or were nuzzling willingly. Nothing good could result in having your name plastered across the internet in relation to this story. 
Why would I care? I have lot's of friends who are gay. What is embarrassing about two guys having sex? I don't partake but still can't see any shame in it. I see more shame in being wronged by someone and taking it meekly because you are afraid of possible but unlikely repercussions.

Why would I care? I have lot's of friends who are gay. What is embarrassing about two guys having sex? I don't partake but still can't see any shame in it. I see more shame in being wronged by someone and taking it meekly because you are afraid of possible but unlikely repercussions.

Good on you. But a lot of people would rather not have such a story on the internet. From unsavoury workplace gossip about being a sex tourist, a black mark on your file affecting future job applications etc, to "mummy I just found grandad on google... what's a ladyboy prostitute?", the story could bounce back in your face decades later just like the fake boobs once did.

The other point which I've already mentioned is you're deluding yourself if you imagine the ladyboy would get anything more than a slap on the wrist. 

Good on you. But a lot of people would rather not have such a story on the internet. From unsavoury workplace gossip about being a sex tourist, a black mark on your file affecting future job applications etc, to "mummy I just found grandad on google... what's a ladyboy prostitute?", the story could bounce back in your face decades later just like the fake boobs once did.

The other point which I've already mentioned is you're deluding yourself if you imagine the ladyboy would get anything more than a slap on the wrist. 
In truth was in the pre internet days. It is probably true about the slap on the wrist but the policeman seemed very keen. The day after I was drinking with a cop in Khao San and he encouraged me to go to Nana Police. It was very upsetting because,even though wasn't a lot of money, I felt like the usual dumb tourist after a few drinks. It did ruin my holiday. If I was the OP I wouldn't care if it was 2000b or 20000b. I would do lots to get the farung bitch. I'd be straight off to the police and I still think they would be interested in getting her considering the RTP's ' Good guys In, bad guy's out ' policy.

On 8/9/2019 at 12:41 PM, johng said:
On 8/9/2019 at 12:33 PM, BritManToo said:
No police force in the world would take action over such a small amount.
In the UK they don't even arrest shoplifters that steal less than 100 pound/Euros.

That seems quite unbelievable to me...how do business survive if everyone/anyone can just keep stealing 99 quids worth of stuff ?

there too busy investigating hate speech on social media

17 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Believe me, I'm aware of the irony, but the situation remains as I described it. The ladyboy will be back on the streets in a matter of hours. The upstanding foreigner will have their name on the net associated with a ladyboy and a red light district for all eternity. So the question for the tourist is this - what will be the repercussions of me doing the right thing and attempting to get my stuff back and the ladyboy prosecuted? Will it have effects on my marriage, family, friends and job back at home? If the police here could be expected to serve justice it might be a different matter, but we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. 

OK, Dorothy. Get yourself a pair of red shoes, I'm sure you'll find your way home.

Archived