BANGKOK 19 August 2019 09:21
jackdd

Chiang Mai, TM30 rules changed, domestic travel

3 hours ago, davehowden said:

So if I check into a local hotel at 2:00 pm and leave at 9:00 am the next morning I do not have to report are you saying ?

If you return home (your usual address) before 2 pm the next day, no report.

24 minutes ago, davehowden said:

Why do you stress "different Province". I thought the latest Chiang Mai interpretation of the rules is that even if I stay in Chiang Mai city for the night but am normally resident in Hang Dong they require the TM30 to be updated ?

I only relate my experience with CW Immigration.

4 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

And just how would immigration know what time I returned to my home ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

I only relate my experience with CW Immigration.

So did CM immigration tell you it was only "out of province" overnight stays that needed to be reported ? 

2 minutes ago, davehowden said:

They wouldn't know, it just goes to show how well their tracking plans are thought out.  lol

• Like 1

There is only one TM30 that matters !!!! That is the TM30 that shows you are back home, the TM30 that matches your 90day report address, your extension address, your COR address. So long as you have that in your hand or in the system on the day you visit immigration, all is right with the world, The other 127 TM30s for places you have/have not done are irrelevant.

In the worst case scenario, visit the TM30 desk before you visit the 90day or extension desk.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If you leave the Province for more than 24 hours you must report your return. CW Immigration confirmed this with me on my extension trip last week, albeit they failed to correctly state more than 24 hours. But it's very clear on the form.

So your hotel check-in and check-out times are meaningless with regard to the TM30 requirement.

I think you are confused, because this is not what the TM30 form are the relevant law says.

2 minutes ago, davehowden said:

So did CM immigration tell you it was only "out of province" overnight stays that needed to be reported ? 

I don't get my extensions from Chiang Mai province as I reside in Bangkok province.

Hence I go to Chaeng Wattanna Immigration for my extension.  http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/intro1.html

7 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

The only problem in that situation would be the TM30 completed by the hotel.  [if you stayed at one]. For immigration your latest address would then be the hotel and not your usual home address.

More knowledgeable posters can help here: I don't think the hotels tell immigration when you leave; only the arrival.

That is probably why some IO's require the TM30s when you come home.

• Thanks 1

A "what If " scenario.  What if you go 4 blocks down the street and are in the hospital for 3 days???

I wish people would stop posting here and elsewhere about the issue and bring it to the attention of certain people!
I mean there used to be lots of stupid people posting about the illegal visa extensions some agents provided for them!

So somebody who had no idea told you ? And you had nothing better to do then to call the immigration?

Who did you call ? Who talked to you ? Just anybody from the immigration ? Or the people in charge of the TM30?

I just changed address and did a new TM30 !
The woman taking care of my new TM 30 SPECIFICALLY TOLD MY THAI LANDLORD AND MYSELF “ to update the TM30 when returning from abroad within 24hours - no need to update when returning from another province in Thailand - period!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

46 minutes ago, davehowden said:

They don't know or care.  What they care about is that a hotel did a TM30 which is the last one in the system.  The last one in the system has to be the one with your home address in it.

• Like 1