Chiang Mai, TM30 rules changed, domestic travel

jackdd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I just went to CM immigration last week to ask about the same question. I asked if I go to Bangkok to live in a hotel for a few days, would I need to update my TM30 when I go back to CM?

The TM30 officer said 'no need'.

So who is having the last say about this? It seems the officers themselves are confused.

seems to me that the hotel or landlord is responsible for reporting, not me. if they require a form or passport of course i will comply and provide needed info, just like i would staying anywhere.

if not, who cares? there is no way to know where i am without an address.

got better things to do then follow immigration policy.

am i missing something here?

29 minutes ago, fhickson said:

seems to me that the hotel or landlord is responsible for reporting, not me. if they require a form or passport of course i will comply and provide needed info, just like i would staying anywhere.

if not, who cares? there is no way to know where i am without an address.

got better things to do then follow immigration policy.

am i missing something here?

You won't be able to renew extension, probably. 

3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Never heard of any problem about one hour late or even one day late. In fact many reports of several days late no problem.

Do you have facts to the contrary?

Bill, you're taking this goat rope entirely too seriously. The whole TM30 drill is a joke, and some posters are using hyperbole and tongue-in-cheek to mock it. Can't really say it's detracting from accurate reporting -- 'cause we have no accurate reporting -- it sways from IO to IO. Just have a good laugh with the absurdity of all of this.

This thread is of particular interest to those of us from CM. The OP's report, and follow up check, certainly says that CM is now enforcing what the law says, i.e., report intra country movement. Then, a more recent report says, nope, nothing has changed, don't report intra country movement. Two reports, two IO's. Do we laugh or cry?

And the 24 hour thingy----- CM has been pretty pragmatic about reporting your re-entry into Thailand, giving you 7 days to update your TM30 receipt. Have they, or any Immigration office ever enforced the 24 hour requirement? I dunno. Probably, as they certainly are collecting fines. And maybe in the future, as pressure from higher up seems to now becoming applied, we'll see more 24 hour enforcement. And Big Joke apparently got fired for not enforcing the 24 hour rule (Bill, that's a joke, son).

Anyway, need to tidy up my house, after updating my TM30, having fallen asleep in the movie theater at Promenada. Have been advised an IO will be making a bed check shortly. (Ah, come on Bill -- laugh).

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 8/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, OneZero said:

Oh the money to be made, haha.  Gotta pay for the bureaucratic necessities somehow.

There is no charge for doing TM30.

I should have been more clear.  If a TM30 is indeed required for incountry travel there will certainly be a much larger opportunity to impose fines for non compliance.  Oh the money to be made with Fines. 

I just went to CM immigration last week to ask about the same question. I asked if I go to Bangkok to live in a hotel for a few days, would I need to update my TM30 when I go back to CM?

The TM30 officer said 'no need'.

So who is having the last say about this? It seems the officers themselves are confused.

That's great.

I was traveling in the north two weeks ago, and didn't report because I already went THREE TIMES in this year to ask for update after traveling INSIDE and every time they said NOT NEEDED. Even the last time the woman was a bit upset - maybe too much work waiting.

And now, maybe I deserve a fine or not, depending on who and when I ask.

The Schrodinger TM30 fine, yeah, it's so funny.

PD: No, it's not.

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

My latest 90 day report receipt from mail in, had written on it that my next report must include a photocopy of my TM30.    That is a new requirement.

Does this mean that you've been otside the country or had a domestic holiday (and the hotel reported a TM30) or perhaps you've never filed a Tm30?

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Does this mean that you've been otside the country or had a domestic holiday (and the hotel reported a TM30) or perhaps you've never filed a Tm30?

No recent travel.... my apartment did a tm30, gave me a computer print out that was exchanged at immigration during my yearly extension of stay for a form to keep in my PP... that is what they want a copy of.  It seems they like redundancy of forms.

3 minutes ago, daoyai said:

No recent travel.... my apartment did a tm30, gave me a computer print out that was exchanged at immigration during my yearly extension of stay for a form to keep in my PP... that is what they want a copy of.  It seems they like redundancy of forms.

Ok, I sent my 90 day report yesterday, should get the return slip within a couple of days. Will report back what it says.

I just returned from two nights in Bangkok. I went directly to my visa agent who telephoned Immigration while I waited. Immigration said NO NEED to update TM30 for domestic travel within Thailand. That news two hours ago.

My agency has consistently told me no new tm30 required in CM if you return to the same address from either a domestic or international trip. I have just got my passport back from another 90 day report today. Accepted as usual and I took a trip to Europe last month and took many domestic trips (staying in hotels). I still have my original tm30 stapled in the passport. For those having issues I suggest you use an agent.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:47 AM, Mahseer said:

My sentiment entirely however should you get caught out you'll be liable for a fine which I believe is in the 1,600baht range (no big deal right?) but there's worse. Your relatives would get hammered for not reporting a farang staying over and their fine would be considerably more. I saw one report of 10,000baht for exactly this 'offence'.

What's the latest on online reporting? If it was as painless as 90 day I could handle it.

How would one get caught?  No doubt you would be guilty until proved innocent.  Would they say go knock on your relatives or friends doors and ask if you stayed there?  Would they ask your neighbors next to your home if you ever traveled anywhere?  I mean, do they really expect a person to file a TM 30 if somebody for example in your case goes and visits them?

Really?? So how would the thousands of people who do their 90 day report ONLINE send them a copy of their TM30 then?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Why would you do a 90 day report if you reentered last month? They count 90 days from your last entry, don’t they?

Exactly - the 90 days start at zero again when you enter the country no matter how many days you stayed between your last report and when you left.

On 8/14/2019 at 5:11 AM, daoyai said:

My latest 90 day report receipt from mail in, had written on it that my next report must include a photocopy of my TM30.    That is a new requirement.

Received my 90 day slip by mail today, there was nothing extra written on it. No request for a TM30 copy for next report.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, daoyai said:

I use the website to report - No request or means of uploading a copy of my TM30...

Archived