BANGKOK 19 August 2019 08:33
jackdd

Chiang Mai, TM30 rules changed, domestic travel

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, OneZero said:

Oh the money to be made, haha.  Gotta pay for the bureaucratic necessities somehow.

There is no charge for doing TM30.

31 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Unless you're an hour late in reporting.

Unless you're an hour late in reporting.

Never heard of any problem about one hour late or even one day late. In fact many reports of several days late no problem.

Do you have facts to the contrary?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I just went to CM immigration last week to ask about the same question. I asked if I go to Bangkok to live in a hotel for a few days, would I need to update my TM30 when I go back to CM?

The TM30 officer said 'no need'.

So who is having the last say about this? It seems the officers themselves are confused.

seems to me that the hotel or landlord is responsible for reporting, not me. if they require a form or passport of course i will comply and provide needed info, just like i would staying anywhere.

if not, who cares? there is no way to know where i am without an address.

got better things to do then follow immigration policy.

am i missing something here?

Edited by fhickson

29 minutes ago, fhickson said:

seems to me that the hotel or landlord is responsible for reporting, not me. if they require a form or passport of course i will comply and provide needed info, just like i would staying anywhere.

if not, who cares? there is no way to know where i am without an address.

got better things to do then follow immigration policy.

am i missing something here?

You won't be able to renew extension, probably. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
On 8/9/2019 at 3:00 PM, OneZero said:

Oh the money to be made, haha.  Gotta pay for the bureaucratic necessities somehow.

I should have been more clear.  If a TM30 is indeed required for incountry travel there will certainly be a much larger opportunity to impose fines for non compliance.  Oh the money to be made with Fines. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You won't be able to renew extension, probably. 

only thing i remember on extension form is current address, not where ive been

I just went to CM immigration last week to ask about the same question. I asked if I go to Bangkok to live in a hotel for a few days, would I need to update my TM30 when I go back to CM?

The TM30 officer said 'no need'.

So who is having the last say about this? It seems the officers themselves are confused.

That's great.

I was traveling in the north two weeks ago, and didn't report because I already went THREE TIMES in this year to ask for update after traveling INSIDE and every time they said NOT NEEDED. Even the last time the woman was a bit upset - maybe too much work waiting.

And now, maybe I deserve a fine or not, depending on who and when I ask.

The Schrodinger TM30 fine, yeah, it's so funny.

PD: No, it's not.

My latest 90 day report receipt from mail in, had written on it that my next report must include a photocopy of my TM30.    That is a new requirement.

Edited by daoyai
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, daoyai said:

My latest 90 day report receipt from mail in, had written on it that my next report must include a photocopy of my TM30.    That is a new requirement.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, daoyai said:

Does this mean that you've been otside the country or had a domestic holiday (and the hotel reported a TM30) or perhaps you've never filed a Tm30?

11 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Does this mean that you've been otside the country or had a domestic holiday (and the hotel reported a TM30) or perhaps you've never filed a Tm30?

No recent travel.... my apartment did a tm30, gave me a computer print out that was exchanged at immigration during my yearly extension of stay for a form to keep in my PP... that is what they want a copy of.  It seems they like redundancy of forms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daoyai said:

No recent travel.... my apartment did a tm30, gave me a computer print out that was exchanged at immigration during my yearly extension of stay for a form to keep in my PP... that is what they want a copy of.  It seems they like redundancy of forms.

Ok, I sent my 90 day report yesterday, should get the return slip within a couple of days. Will report back what it says.