Prayut vows to continue as PM

webfact

Prayut vows to continue as PM 

By The Nation

800_19d56ee16a3d79f.jpg?v=1565335929

Prayut Chan-o-cha

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha asserted on Friday (August 9) that he would continue to work as prime minister, shrugging off a controversy related to his government’s oath-taking.

Prayut made the statement a day after telling top officials of government agencies during a policy meeting that he took complete responsibility for the flawed oath-taking ceremony.

Opponents said Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution when he led his Cabinet members to be sworn in before the King.

When Prayut said on Thursday that he would take sole responsibility, it had triggered speculation that he would resign, raising the possibility of political instability.

However, on Friday, Prayut said after presiding over the opening ceremony of a new BTS station in Lat Phrao that he had no plans to step down.

“I hereby affirm that I’ll do my duty to my best because I remain the prime minister here and won’t go anywhere. Don’t worry,” Prayut said.

After he finished his speech at the opening ceremony, when reporters asked him to clarify his statement, he replied: “It means I’ll remain in the post of prime minister.”

After the opening ceremony of the Lat Phrao intersection station (N9) of the extended route of the BTS Skytrain, Prayut rode a train to the Morchit station (N8).

The BTS Skytrain would run free trial services between the two stations from 3pm on Friday. Prayut said the free trial service would continue until December 5.

Prayut was accompanied at the ceremony by Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration governor Aswin Kwanmuang and Mass Rapid Transit Authority governor Pakapong Sirikantaramas.

They were received by executives of Krungthep Thanakhom Co Ltd and Bangkok Mass Transit System Plc, which runs the Skytrain, as well as Italian-Thai Development Plc president Premchai Karnasuta. The Italian-Thai Development built the extended elevated train route.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374536

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-09

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, webfact said:

I remain the prime minister here and won’t go anywhere. Don’t worry,” Prayut said.

If anyone was to worry it would be his disgustingly rich elite friends who have given him instructions to protect and grow their wealth.

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

it had triggered speculation that he would resign, raising the possibility of political instability.

You could substitute the bold print to read "bringing happiness back to the people" and it would be nearer the mark. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut was accompanied at the ceremony by Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, Interior Minister General Anupong Paochinda, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration governor Aswin Kwanmuang and Mass Rapid Transit Authority governor Pakapong Sirikantaramas.

They were received by Italian-Thai Development Plc president Premchai Karnasuta.

The government mingling with unjailed convict:

Black Panther Verdict: Premchai Sentenced to 16 Months in Jail

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

March 19, 2019 10:48 am

khaosodenglish.com

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

Prayut vows to continue,screwing up the country, as there is nobody who dares to challenge him.

Don’t worry Uncle. Prayut will be finish before next 2 year.

sure.

Many thing happen now. 

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Opponents said Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution when he led his Cabinet members to be sworn in before the King.

Maybe it wasn't a mistake ???

Just saying.

1 hour ago, lujanit said:

The only way Prayut will remain as PM is when the army holds another coup. He is walking on extremely thin ice and he knows this.

6 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Maybe it wasn't a mistake ???

Just saying.

There are another 250 good reasons why he might be there for a while as well.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution*

Of course he'll "protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution" since he trashed the previous legal version and wrote this new one himself!  LOL!!! Why would he resign? ????

*BOLD my emphasis

Such a shame. What a wonderful world it would be, if this gross incompetent just resigned, and went back to the barracks, where he belongs. He knows a little bit about ordering his subordinates around. He knows nothing about leading a nation. Nothing. Get rid of the nothing men. 

19 hours ago, colinneil said:

Prayut vows to continue,screwing up the country, as there is nobody who dares to challenge him.

He is just a symptom of the disease. Even if he is replaced, life will not improve for the rank and file.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut failed to state during the oath-taking that he would protect and comply with the provisions of the Constitution

If this doesn't go to the Constitutional Court, consider Prayut's continuation as PM essentially another coup against the constitution and Thai People's sovereignty.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

“I hereby affirm that I’ll do my duty to my best because I remain the prime minister here and won’t go anywhere.

When it's up to a nation's leader to decide when to leave office, that's a place without democracy.

6 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

If this doesn't go to the Constitutional Court, consider Prayut's continuation as PM essentially another coup against the constitution and Thai People's sovereignty.

Saving taxpayers' money on what would be the foregone conclusion of him being found completely and absolutely blameless...?

"How was your day, darling?"

"Depressing, dear, depressing. All those reporters asking questions because that ding-dong fellow Srisuwan and his petition. Then that opposition wanting me to resign; all because of one sentence. Gee whiz, don't they realize that we had to finish everything before the chow bell. Time was at a premium."

"Don't you worry your little mind, people throw stones at things that shine. You know very well that Ombi and CC will sort it all out for you. Lets just have some dinner and relax."

"What's to eat?"

"We're getting catered tonight. I ordered some Krapao Ruam Mit Khai Dao from Nakorn Ratchasima. It's all over Facebook. Then after dinner, we can sit down and watch "King of Scotland" together."

"Wonderful. Where's my frog?"

Archived