UK economy suffers shock pre-Brexit contraction in second-quarter, first since 2012

snoop1130

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All rubbish.... it's the 5th biggest economy in the world! 

Britain will start to become a big empire again. 

But sorry, I was dreaming only. It's just a forlorn misguided little island just shrinking to a flyspeck on world's map thanks to a egomaniac clown. 

For the sake of balance.  The last quarter would have shown zero growth or a small loss except that many businesses were stockpiling, resulting in showing, a rather false, growth.  The result this time shows a loss due to companies now starting to use that stock.  Not according to me, but the Chancellor of the Exchequer.  Mind you he is as useless as you get, along with the rest of the muppets who make up Johnsons clown cabinet!

11 hours ago, zorrow424 said:

Duh!!!  So have other currencies also      £ up almost 1% overnight    rejoice  lol

What a Brexiteer's nonsence again. A typical follower of Boris the Liar.

One year ago, the GBP was worth $ 1,3319, yesterday: $ 1,2030, but 7 July 2014: $ 1,71.

Same for the GBP towards €uro: one year ago € 1,1783 and yesterday: € 1,0749 ( from € 1,0852  the day before) but 16 Nov 2015: € 1,43.

image.png.fa5bae8c427ac250aa6aff59650d04bf.png901358274_GBP-uro.jpg.1b91254b09dc71c05a4fa4e9c91afd59.jpg

GBP vs US$.jpg

15 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

What a Brexiteer's nonsence again. A typical follower of Boris the Liar.

One year ago, the GBP was worth $ 1,3319, yesterday: $ 1,2030, but 7 July 2014: $ 1,71.

Same for the GBP towards €uro: one year ago € 1,1783 and yesterday: € 1,0749 ( from € 1,0852  the day before) but 16 Nov 2015: € 1,43.

The pound will continue to fall until the prevarication ends.

It doesn't matter if Brexit happens, or is cancelled, it's uncertainty driving the pound down.

Best I ever got was 52 between 2009 and 2019, now 37. (-29%)
Australia best was 33 between 2009 and 2019, now 21. (-36%)

Even using your fake numbers 36/55, only gives -34%
The shills for project fear never stop.
He's not to far of the Mark I was getting 55 in sep 2015 its not unreasonable to suggest it could have gone back to around that without Brexit.And that's about 44%

Screenshot_20190811-074419_Currency.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

By now I hope Boris gets what he wants and the UK crashes out of the EU.

Then he and his brilliant team can show us all how the UK will look a few weeks later, a few month later, and a few years later.

I am sorry for all the pensioners who have to leave Thailand because they don't have enough money anymore because of the GPB going down down down.

16 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

All rubbish.... it's the 5th biggest economy in the world! 

Britain will start to become a big empire again. 

But sorry, I was dreaming only. It's just a forlorn misguided little island just shrinking to a flyspeck on world's map thanks to a egomaniac clown. 

And don't forget the people who voted for that clown and the people who support that clown. In most countries people don't want a clown as the PM.

And don't forget the people who voted for that clown and the people who support that clown. In most countries people don't want a clown as the PM.

I’d vote for Charlie Cairoli if he would get us out of the EU. If Boris does that, then will be well in the UK.

25 minutes ago, juice777 said:

He's not to far of the Mark I was getting 55 in sep 2015 its not unreasonable to suggest it could have gone back to around that without Brexit.And that's about 44%

Screenshot_20190811-074419_Currency.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The pound has been on a slide since wwII. Why would it magically go up again after brexit?

I think the fairest and most accurate way to measure the pound's current status is to use a weighted basket of currencies. 

"The Broad Effective exchange-rate index is released by the Bank of England daily, based on the previous day's exchange rates. The index, which measures the pound against dozens of currencies, weighted by how much they trade with the U.K"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pound-at-weakest-level-in-history-against-currency-basket-1476264024

On that basis:

"Pound at Weakest Level in History Against Currency Basket

Trade-weighted BOE index shows sterling has dropped more than 15% since Brexit vote"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/pound-at-weakest-level-in-history-against-currency-basket-1476264024

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Well, even here in Thailand. Many "alikes" between UK and Thailand. Same sort of selfish "me first " politicians. Same sort of sheep voting for them. Same clowns 

On 8/9/2019 at 7:21 PM, Lawrence Young said:

Absolute tosh. Its really quite staggering the sensational headlines that continue to be rolled out even after 3 years. Can I remind everyone of George Osbournes claim just before the referendum that we would have an 18% collapse in pretty much everything including UK house prices. we would end up in a recession. The truth is 3 years later house prices outside of London have gone up 17% and no recession. Europe is flat. Germany is stagnated. Italy called for a snap election yesterday. Its absolute rubbish to look at the slight downturn in GDP. London financial markets have already swallowed up ant Brexit worries. Going forward it is absolutely in the UKs best interests to get out. I used to say short term pain for long term gain. I dont even believe in that anymore. No short term pain will exist. 

We haven't left yet! The markets have all been watching and reacting to what's be going on and the uncertainties. Wait until we leave, if we do, with no deal and see what happens.

If you don't think there will be any short, medium or long term pain, you're probably in for a big surprise.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, Lawrence Young said:

Absolute tosh. Its really quite staggering the sensational headlines that continue to be rolled out even after 3 years. Can I remind everyone of George Osbournes claim just before the referendum that we would have an 18% collapse in pretty much everything including UK house prices. we would end up in a recession. The truth is 3 years later house prices outside of London have gone up 17% and no recession. Europe is flat. Germany is stagnated. Italy called for a snap election yesterday. Its absolute rubbish to look at the slight downturn in GDP. London financial markets have already swallowed up ant Brexit worries. Going forward it is absolutely in the UKs best interests to get out. I used to say short term pain for long term gain. I dont even believe in that anymore. No short term pain will exist. 

Well if you dont consider Sterlings slump to be a rather large pain , you are in complete denial.

7 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

Not only have the Turkeys voted for Xmas , they are positively relishing the thought of being eaten .Perhaps in their utopian dream they visualise the entire world becoming vegan !

Nah, it was the Turkeys voting for Xmas after they were fed a diet of BS, which of course no one but them believed.

50 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Nah, it was the Turkeys voting for Xmas after they were fed a diet of BS, which of course no one but them believed.

I sort of understand that , its the continued state of denial that is baffling. Definite parallels with Trump's monkeys in the US.

5 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

We haven't left yet! The markets have all been watching and reacting to what's be going on and the uncertainties. Wait until we leave, if we do, with no deal and see what happens.

If you don't think there will be any short, medium or long term pain, you're probably in for a big surprise.

But it will be because of 'wreckers',  'saboteurs' and 'traitors'. Not their fault at all. And anyway, pain is what they voted for. The Blitz spirit invoked by British, ahem, 'patriots' who were not even sperm in 1945. Good luck arguing with such doublethink.

On 8/10/2019 at 5:40 AM, Handsome Gardener said:

What indecision ? The UK will leave the EU according to Bojo on October 31st without a deal - its THAT that is causing the carnage. 

The markets have done their sums - and we're now getting the results.

and "the markets"are always right,right?

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, Jip99 said:

Then today is great for your further education..... rates are moving 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. It doesn't stop just because the banks are closed...for example, Transferwise  will give you 37.0416  NOW.

Balls - try getting a forex trader out of bed because 12 lira are on the move on Sunday !

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, sammieuk1 said:

For the Tory government this is where the UK starts and ends nothing else matters just chuck the rest it all under the next bus????

5662.JPG

Given that place contributes HALF of the economic output and 30% of all taxes - its only right Burnley and Scunthorpe feeds off the scraps !

2 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Balls - try getting a forex trader out of bed because 12 lira are on the move on Sunday !

Pointless comment - I have no need for one.

I do, however, have a need for Transferwise on a Sunday.

Archived