UK economy suffers shock pre-Brexit contraction in second-quarter, first since 2012

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Given that place contributes HALF of the economic output and 30% of all taxes - its only right Burnley and Scunthorpe feeds off the scraps !

That comment will lose you a few northern friends......if indeed you have any.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Pointless comment - I have no need for one.

I do, however, have a need for Transferwise on a Sunday.

So barring any world catastrophe and forex dealers are told to come in on triple time on Sunday, you will get the same rate as you would on the Friday or 1 minute before the forex markets open in the next working week.

1 minute ago, Handsome Gardener said:

So barring any world catastrophe and forex dealers are told to come in on triple time on Sunday, you will get the same rate as you would on the Friday or 1 minute before the forex markets open in the next working week.

Incorrect.

Better than Friday (otherwise I wouldn’t transfer on a Sunday.....DOH!)............. better or worse than the Monday opening rates - matters not, I have taken the rate on Sunday to secure that rate.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:40 AM, Jip99 said:

So what was the indecision before BJ became PM ?

I love the way brexiteers try to divert the consequences of their stupidity onto 'indecision' - if Brexit was cancelled the pound would surge - however the prospect of Brexit is slaughtering it. 

If indecision was key I'm assuming brexiteers will be expecting a surge upwards on November 1st correct as the indecision will be over and brexit delivered. Only we all know that's not going to happen don't we. Gove has already discussed creating a bank holiday on that day to delay the markets meltdown, a 'bailout' fund for companies that will implode - so how can indecision have any relevance ? Its BS.

So we've established its Brexit and not indecision. Run away from responsibility all you like but Brexit is HARMING the UK and will continue to do so. It would be bizarre in the extreme if the 95%+ of industry got it wrong! (Still waiting for the names of industry bosses who support it) - oh and still waiting for why the pound isn't going up if Brexit is a well thought out, funded and technically sound strategy (I think I'm up to my 9th request on that one) - and errrrrr a fiscal strategy going forward in the light of no deals. Bit of homework for the brexiteers.

Infact given the damage inflicted and widely predicted going forward by people far smarter, or should I say in the know more than anyone on here, how ironic is it that one brexiteer cheerleader on here was claiming its unpatriotic to not get behind it !

On the plus side given Brexit has trashed the UK pound (very patriotic), I'm quids in given my fund managers have gone heavy on FTSE100 - he described the chaos to me as a win win for astute investment managers. So maybe I should be grateful !

12 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Incorrect.

Better than Friday (otherwise I wouldn’t transfer on a Sunday.....DOH!)............. better or worse than the Monday opening rates - matters not, I have taken the rate on Sunday to secure that rate.

Its not incorrect. 

How did you know Sundays rate would be better ?

Forex dealers, do not operate outside business hours, I've worked with hundreds of them and I don't know one who would work over the weekend. If you want a bone chucked in your direction, rates ARE technically live but involve such piddling numbers it will not affect anything outside the tens of thousands of percents!

Sometimes just admit you are wrong - if there are no dealers, there are no changes!

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:55 AM, ThePioneer said:

When in doubt keep an eye on the XE exchange rate and see if it moves in any direction between now and Monday.

There is a difference between market rates and rates set by an individual financial institution.

You are wasting your time - when someone is determined not to be educated, walk away.

8 minutes ago, Handsome Gardener said:

Its not incorrect. 

How did you know Sundays rate would be better ?

Forex dealers, do not operate outside business hours, I've worked with hundreds of them and I don't know one who would work over the weekend. If you want a bone chucked in your direction, rates ARE technically live but involve such piddling numbers it will not affect anything outside the tens of thousands of percents!

Sometimes just admit you are wrong - if there are no dealers, there are no changes!

Simples.....I didn’t know Sundays rate would be better (than Monday)....... but I knew it was better than Friday’s rate, and I was happy with it.

Waiting until Monday would see an upward or downward movement - I didn’t want to risk that, so I took Sundays rate.

It’s not complicated.

14 hours ago, Handsome Gardener said:

I love the way brexiteers try to divert the consequences of their stupidity onto 'indecision' - if Brexit was cancelled the pound would surge - however the prospect of Brexit is slaughtering it. 

If indecision was key I'm assuming brexiteers will be expecting a surge upwards on November 1st correct as the indecision will be over and brexit delivered. Only we all know that's not going to happen don't we. Gove has already discussed creating a bank holiday on that day to delay the markets meltdown, a 'bailout' fund for companies that will implode - so how can indecision have any relevance ? Its BS.

So we've established its Brexit and not indecision. Run away from responsibility all you like but Brexit is HARMING the UK and will continue to do so. It would be bizarre in the extreme if the 95%+ of industry got it wrong! (Still waiting for the names of industry bosses who support it) - oh and still waiting for why the pound isn't going up if Brexit is a well thought out, funded and technically sound strategy (I think I'm up to my 9th request on that one) - and errrrrr a fiscal strategy going forward in the light of no deals. Bit of homework for the brexiteers.

Infact given the damage inflicted and widely predicted going forward by people far smarter, or should I say in the know more than anyone on here, how ironic is it that one brexiteer cheerleader on here was claiming its unpatriotic to not get behind it !

On the plus side given Brexit has trashed the UK pound (very patriotic), I'm quids in given my fund managers have gone heavy on FTSE100 - he described the chaos to me as a win win for astute investment managers. So maybe I should be grateful !

quote from your post.  "Only we all know that's not going to happen don't we."

Actually we all DON'T know what will happen.

Most of us have our own opinion as you posted above.

And yes most of us know that opinions are like a---holes, Everybody has one of them too.

Archived