The Expat Health Insurance Scarcity in Thailand

On 9/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, Deerculler said:

Perhaps it would be better if all us oldies just committed suicide and then no more problems for the young ones who we brought into the world and educated and nurtured so they can work out how not to helped all the oldies who helped them.

But then who will take care of the younger peoples? 

On 8/17/2019 at 11:05 AM, gamini said:

I just had surgery at a major public hospital in Bangkok it was quite a hassle with long waits. I had to wait three days for a bed but eventually was in comfortable public ward and very good doctors and nurses. Private hospitals quoted 10 times the price for the operation. medical insurance here for elderly people will be far higher than simply using public hospitals. The most interesting thing was that if you are married to a Thai and produce your marriage certificate you pay the same prices as Thais.

You can use the health insurance at the government hospitals. Now with dual pricing I guess the marriage certificate trick won't work anymore. Just guessing,though.

• 4 weeks later...

There is no scarcity, difficulty, lack of options in sourcing international health insurance that covers Thailand right up the wazoo! There are a bunch of companies that will begin to insure after 65 to death too (mine included).

There are half a dozen top-flight international insurers (that I sourced before choosing my company) that are readily accepted by pretty much every hospital in Thailand (and across the globe)  especially the ones that deal with Falangs.

I have a $250 AUD a month Gold level policy with a London based Scottish insurer and the cover works perfectly and seamlessly in LOS, in every country in the world (bar US exception = an excess payment).

This seems to be a very long-worded con.

It is titled “health insurance” and rattles on about a dearth if options and then offers a solution which is NOT health insurance but ACCIDENT insurance. Such insurance does not cover health risk -  only accident risk.

The amount of coverage is tiny anyway - even for an accident.

it’s just an attempt to grab money transfer business under pretence of add-on health insurance which is not that at all.

38 minutes ago, PedJayEm said:

This seems to be a very long-worded con.

It is titled “health insurance” and rattles on about a dearth if options and then offers a solution which is NOT health insurance but ACCIDENT insurance. Such insurance does not cover health risk -  only accident risk.

The amount of coverage is tiny anyway - even for an accident.

it’s just an attempt to grab money transfer business under pretence of add-on health insurance which is not that at all.

It's just an add and should be read as that. It's the second time I've seen it but the first time it was tagged as an add,not this time. It's an expensive personal accident insurance and with a low coverage. 

28 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Shouldn't this be marked as an advertisement? I wonder what the OP has to do with the company and what kickbacks he gets...

The first time I saw this one, it was marked as an add,but not when it popped up again yesterday. Now suddenly it's an Advertorial again. 

Archived