Gillette Mach 3 blades.

SteveK

Hi guys,

I brought 32 gillette mach 3 blades with me from the UK and am almost out. They sell them at my local 7-11 but prices are outrageous. How do Thai guys shave? Surely they aren't spending 200 baht for 2 blades? Is there anywhere online you can order them cheaper? I used to buy 16 for 15 quid plus shipping back home, about a third of the price that they go for here.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, faraday said:

Get the grey/orange BIC blades from Tesco. About 110 b for 4 . Very comfortable shave.

However! Gillette Gel is now 350 baht a bloody can - nearly a tenner!!!

I haven't compared the prices in Thailand, but in UK Gillette Gel and Nivea for Men FOAM are about the same price. The Nivea lasts at least 50% longer (you need to use much less!)

I know Nivea is available in Thailand, but since trying it I always stock up before leaving UK.

IMO foam is far better than Gel as long as the skin is warm, also, the razors last longer.

Found buying the Gillette blades too expensive so converted to the Feather double edge blades, 650 baht for 100. Also Barbasol shaving cream/foam and a good quality adj razor.

Lasts for years.

Edit: From Lazada.

feather-aibmiidoknsaetnelstraakhnnk-2-khm-runaephlthinam-1-kl-ng-20-kl-ngelk-rwm-100-aib-0710-5528598-13c2425e92b162dc83e5916384f67d43-catalog.jpg_720x720q80.jpg

Those are the bare blade type razors? Wouldn't be any good for me, I quite often shave at night after a few drinks, after a few attempts I'm sure my wife would be more than happy to bury my bloodied corpse in one of the local paddy fields.

I agree with the poster above re Barbasol shaving foam - had been importing gel from the UK on annual family visits back home at 2 quid a can (supermarket offers) but no need to do so now I've found Barbasol. It was discounted to around 105 baht a can last time I looked in Tesco Lotus. Good rich foam and gives results as good as gel.

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The chat about foam or gel, I've tried everything including foam brush and oil, but just use shower gel, works perfectly. Best using warm water in the shower

Yep, the who shaving gel thing is just marketing (fool tax). You can even just rub a bar of soap on the stubble with a bit of water.  Or shampoo. 

9 hours ago, SteveK said:

Those are the bare blade type razors? Wouldn't be any good for me, I quite often shave at night after a few drinks, after a few attempts I'm sure my wife would be more than happy to bury my bloodied corpse in one of the local paddy fields.

There are now bare blade type razors with protection. You can set the amount of protection by rotating the handle. Its a bit of an investment if you take the original merkur futur

Yep, the who shaving gel thing is just marketing (fool tax). You can even just rub a bar of soap on the stubble with a bit of water.  Or shampoo. 

The thing is the metrosexuals think they need specially designed gel and at least 4 blades in a razor. Bless them, they will learn eventually

51 minutes ago, ricklev said:

The Gillette Mach 3 and the Gillette Fusion are excellent razors.  Spend the money!

Fact! I have tried every blade there is and nothing vaguely compares with Gillette - unfortunately! 

I buy on ebay - post free - https://www.ebay.com/itm/8PCS-ORIGINAL-GILLETTE-FUSION-PROGLIDE-FLEXBALL-SHAVING-RAZOR-CARTRIDGES-BLADES/113655566825?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D57476%26meid%3D000d9b10f81847f38106fd9b42172c6d%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D113626868760%26itm%3D113655566825%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I bought a bunch of gillette on line,cheap but fake!!!

Easy to check if they are fake or not,a lot are.

You can tell right away when you try to shave,they have a tendency to take small pieces out of your skin and that hurts and bleeds like hell.

I used to use a foam called Arko,it can not find it anymore but i read here Barbasol is a good brand,i will try that.

Why dont they invent anything that just stops your hair from growing?

24 minutes ago, jvs said:

I bought a bunch of gillette on line,cheap but fake!!!

Easy to check if they are fake or not,a lot are.

You can tell right away when you try to shave,they have a tendency to take small pieces out of your skin and that hurts and bleeds like hell.

I used to use a foam called Arko,it can not find it anymore but i read here Barbasol is a good brand,i will try that.

Why dont they invent anything that just stops your hair from growing?

Shaving Balm

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/arko-after-shave-balm-extra-sensitive-less-irritation-healthy-skin-long-lasting-freshness-with-its-special-formula-arko-men-aftershave-balm-series-soften-and-comfort-the-skin-which-was-dried-and-irritated-by-shaving-product-from-this-turkish-brand-i134733555-s151819864.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.43d05103TI5BkF&search=1

Shaving foam

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/arko-men-shaving-foam-performance-200-gram-less-irritation-healthy-skin-long-lasting-freshness-with-its-special-formula-soften-and-comfort-the-skin-which-was-dried-and-irritated-by-shaving-product-from-this-turkish-brand-i154342103-s181859141.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.3.43d05103u6rRci&search=1

Watsons pharmacy, who are usually the most expensive everything in Thailand do a 5 blade (made in USA) razor and they are excellent. A pack of 4 around 400 baht but every month or so they have a buy 1 get one free or similar promotion on them. Get a heap of shaves from them and when getting a bit blunt go up and down about 20 times on an old pair of jeans (Google it) and good as new again. One blade would last me 2 to 3 months. I gave up foam. I ran out some time ago and was forced to use a normal bar of Lux white soap. Best shave I have had for years so I have gone back to just lathering normal soap in my hands. It used to irritate me using soap but the Lux seems to be good as gold.

I use Gillette Profusion blades.. Before I shave, I use Nivea facial scrub on my face and neck. This exfoliates the dry skin cells and also softens the whiskers. I then use my wife's Lux moisturizing body wash as shave cream. I do the same 3-direction shave as demonstrated in the video that was posted. I also apply Nivea post shave balm afterwards. 

On 8/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, vogie said:

Found buying the Gillette blades too expensive so converted to the Feather double edge blades, 650 baht for 100. Also Barbasol shaving cream/foam and a good quality adj razor.

Lasts for years.

Edit: From Lazada.

Feather are twice as good as Gillette.  

raz.jpg

On 8/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, lopburi3 said:

No such thing if you want a close shave.

why do you or anyone else need a shave that close? to the point where you are scrapping off all your skin cells? 

sincere question, i do not mean to come off as judgmental. I just never have got this, shavers do a very good job, and do not leave as many red spots and weird ingrown hairs. id say a good electric anyway, is faster, cheaper (in long run easily) and requires no gel. it is also much much less irritating to skin. 

i suppose if that is the look you are going for, do it, just seems like a lot of trouble to go through to somehow satisfy other people's very warped expectations. insert pic of electric shaved guy vs regular shaved guy here ????

why do you or anyone else need a shave that close? to the point where you are scrapping off all your skin cells? 

sincere question, i do not mean to come off as judgmental. I just never have got this, shavers do a very good job, and do not leave as many red spots and weird ingrown hairs.

i suppose if that is the look you are going for, do it, just seems like a lot of trouble to go through to somehow satisfy other people's very warped expectations. insert pic of electric shaved guy vs regular shaved guy here [emoji846]
When i first started shaving i used a braun electric shaver, never got a close enough shave particularly around the adams apple, i switched to blades and never looked back

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Feather are twice as good as Gillette.  

raz.jpg

The cheap blades I can get about two shaves from them, but Feather I throw them away after five shaves and there is still probably some more shaves left in them.

Archived