"You never saw my value" saying and Esan women

SenorJorge

คุณไม่เห็นค่าของฉัน

Khun mai hen ka kong chan.

is that what she say?

ps. The education is ok in issan for who want to study. Free scholarship for the one who work/study hard.

i have met many engineer, technician etc from Issan. Man and woman. Clever.

The farang not going to meet them because they not in tourist area, they work hard in industry area. No time for farang.

Not work in bar %100

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Yinn said:

ps. The education is ok in issan for who want to study. Free scholarship for the one who work/study hard.

It is true that there is a lot of wasted talent all over Thailand, as many kids are quite intelligent, but the family does not have the financial resources to afford them a proper education. I also see many cases of kids not being exposed to good role models, which is very important.

1 minute ago, timendres said:

It is true that there is a lot of wasted talent all over Thailand, as many kids are quite intelligent, but the family does not have the financial resources to afford them a proper education. I also see many cases of kids not being exposed to good role models, which is very important.

Yes agree. Most.

issan parent sometime can not read themself. So can not help the kid.

but if the kid deligent themself and study hard, they can get free uni. Or go to uni and pay it back when start work. 

Is true, I meet the one like that. Up to them.

It does not really matter what it means. She has obviously not proved herself to be worthy, and now she is gone. Good. Time to move on. If she does not make you a better version of yourself, and improve the quality of your life on a daily basis, what is the point of being with her?

21 minutes ago, Yinn said:

คุณไม่เห็นค่าของฉัน

Khun mai hen ka kong chan.

is that what she say?

The farang not going to meet them because they not in tourist area, they work hard in industry area. No time for farang.

Not work in bar %100

Its not quite that easy. Yes if they have exceptional ability and will work hard a scholarship is possible, but they don't hand them out to all an sundry. Only the very few. I lived in an extremely remote primitive village and was some very bright kids there and wanted to learn too but essentially they will have no opportunity. A teacher told me the main issue is the parents aren't on board with educating the kids or see the value. Farmer was good enough for them etc. No future for a small landholder in Thailand any more. The ones with under 20 rai. Make around 10k THB a year and basically live off the land.

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

No future for a small landholder in Thailand any more. The ones with under 20 rai. Make around 10k THB a year and basically live off the land.

10,000 per year?

6 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Ive met some beautiful Isaan girls, but never met one had much value as a wife. No experience with anything, most lazy and entitled, usually cant drive or cook. No help with translation or getting government things sorted out here (infact usually make things more difficult). Maturity / intellect approximately half of their age. Often temperamental, moody or violent.  Not to say theyre bad either but unless you desperately need a companion, all you are getting is something akin to a high maintenance exotic pet that you will have to entertain, feed, transport and in many cases take care of the no hopers in her family as well. Even though you are supporting her and essentially you would think she would be your eternally grateful best friend, through all this you will be at the bottom of her list of priorities after parents, friends, kids, relatives and even some Thai person she just met 5 minutes ago. I often wonder how some guy feels after the initial infatuation stage, after hes invested his life savings into a home, vehicles, dowry etc all in the beleif he was getting a Ferrari...only to wake up and realise he has a heavy bag of cement around his neck, with all his assets and future legally in her name

Clean up the spelling and punctuation errors and there you have the opening paragraph of your book.

On 8/10/2019 at 4:28 PM, spidermike007 said:

It does not really matter what it means. She has obviously not proved herself to be worthy, and now she is gone. Good. Time to move on. If she does not make you a better version of yourself, and improve the quality of your life on a daily basis, what is the point of being with her?

I'm sorry you guys are right.  I was staying with her not to improve the quality of my life.  I stayed with her to improve the quality of hers hopefully.  And then maybe build upon mine after that is accomplished.  I'm not some noob who found his first pattaya play date and decided to get hitched.  I found a lost soul on the street who told me she was a factory worker.  Found an entanglement in the seedy farang undercurrent in thailand.  I thought she had a good heart.  Out of my own good heart, I tried to pull her up out of that.  But I couldn't break her of the "all men are Johns" mentality that all these girls seem to have. 

Anyway I hate thailand and I'm done with it.  Over and out!  Thanks brothers for trying to pull those cemented shut eyelids of mine open for me.  Those of you who manage to get their jollies out of these type of women, good for you.  But I wonder how much of Thailand's " bad girl" problem originated with the girls.  I wonder how much of it was shamelessly imported into the country.  This is what I get for being senile, but lord...

11 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I thought she had a good heart. 

You do understand saying this labels you as a foreigner that mixes with prostitutes.

'heart talk' is almost exclusively the reserve of Thai prostitutes.

Absolute firm rule,

Never, ever repeat Thai phrases you hear from Thai prostitutes, when you're not talking to Thai prostitutes.

Just now, BritManToo said:

You do understand saying this labels you as a foreigner that mixes with prostitutes.

Never said I wasn't.  I found a two sided gem.  I fell in love with the first side.  Swore off the thai nightlife scene and made plans to ride off into the sunset.  Found the other after some amateur pi work done by yours truly and some friends from jomtien and another guy who really understands facebook.  But you're right.  I probably learned that from the girls

Yep. In a remote village on a little subsistence farm. One village I lived infact most of the area grow Cassava as the soil has been flogged to death. Last I heard 1.2 baht per kilo. Money for a bit of bike fuel and grog. Electricty free if under 200 baht. Food forraged from nature.

10,000 per year?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1000 baht hookers can be found Sukhumvit road and Nana all day all night. Some decent lookers too. Never bothered to negotiate but 1000 usually their asking price. Never had a problem and most 1000% more fun than some pain in the a$$ from a bar costing 5 times as much

Cambodia prices!  You savage.

Thats not true mate. Lived in 3 remote villages here and "look for man jai dee" a common expression. Ie: take care of all of my loans and debts

Absolute firm rule,
Never, ever repeat Thai phrases you hear from Thai prostitutes, when you're not talking to Thai prostitutes.

15 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

1000 baht hookers can be found Sukhumvit road and Nana all day all night. Some decent lookers too. Never bothered to negotiate but 1000 usually their asking price. Never had a problem and most 1000% more fun than some pain in the a$$ from a bar costing 5 times as much

At the end I was just picking up girls from thai Cupid for free.  But it's never actually free is it?  99 percent of the girls on there are up on the game.  Trying to get money from foreigners.  Love is the last thing on their minds.

39 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

At the end I was just picking up girls from thai Cupid for free.  But it's never actually free is it?  99 percent of the girls on there are up on the game.  Trying to get money from foreigners.  Love is the last thing on their minds.

Hey... that's not true!  how DARE YOU I am offended!

The last girl I took from there asked for NOTHING, zero, naught!  of course I gave her 'gas' (2000)  and the next girl would not even take gas!!! only 2000 for her sick buffalo!!!  (poor thing)

You cad sir! 

1 hour ago, SenorJorge said:

It's never free, my Brit wife was never free, my Thai wife was never free, and all the other Brit and Thai girls I managed to bang in my life were never free either. About the cheapest I ever managed was a 23 year old former Brit school mate of my son when I was getting divorced age 52, but even then I had to buy her two pints of 'Rattler' in the pub.

If I'd done it again with her, I expect it would have been much more expensive but my 23 year old son complained bitterly when he caught her having breakfast with me the morning after. He said, "dad, I went to school with her, that's not right"

Then you guys have no game @ it's never free. I've banged a few broads picked up at clubs, where I didn't even buy them a single drink. I even (though rarely) managed to talk a few into buying ME a drink. I had to pay for the cab, but I would have had to anyway, whether I went home alone and using my tears for fap-lube, or with some chick from the club. The trick is swooping in when the poor schmuck who's been buying them drinks all night is off for a piss or for getting another set of drinks, making them laugh without being a clown, etc. Especially the latter is needed to get them to buy YOU a drink, with a semi offensive (but more funny than offensive) jibe about 50-50/equality...

And what a strange coincidence: They almost always say, "I usually NEVER do this." (<deleted> on the first night)... I sure MUST BE special....

But yeah, in the long run a relationship (whether it's FWB or a regular one) is almost always going to cost you, unless you're lucky enough to score a woman with much higher income. One way or another.

30 minutes ago, FarangULong said:

I've banged a few broads picked up at clubs, where I didn't even buy them a single drink.

If you're in your 60s and they were in their 20s, I'd be impressed.

But .........

Even Roosh has discovered game doesn't work if you're over 40.

(and even before then he only managed to bang really average girls, that I wouldn't have considered)

Back to the OP

Sadly, nobody appears to know the Thai phrase the OP was talking about.

My gf doesn't have a clue (but then she's stupid).

A lot of blokes make that mistake here, caving in to requests for money etc. Yes if you get a bird off a dating site in Pattaya she wont want to know u if theres not hard currency involved. But if you are in any other area and half presentable, you are a 90% or better chance she'll stay with you if you give her jack. She may ask or try it on but it doesnt mean you have to give her anything. Of course buy her a feed or a few drinks as you would any girl. Thats what the Thai blokes do. Promise them everything. Somehow never get around to it and by the time the girl wakes up and starts complaining your bored with her and ready to hunt again. A break up in Thailand should never be sad. I never get sucked into taking the family or friends out to MK on a date infact I always make sure they understand before I dont want any blow ins along. More often than not they will pull this at the last minute. They really believe getting a farang is hitting the jackpot from all the rubbish they see on facebook, and of course from their friends who are experts on farang. There is quite a lot of kudos and bragging rights attached to a Thai girl having a foreign boyfriend at least initially and this alone puts you in the driver seat. This can work against you after a couple of weeks when her jealous friends are asking where all her new gold and designer bags are. If they start asking for stuff I just make a joke and say I dont even really know you yet. She will either respect you for it and the loss of face will prevent her doing it again. If shes a nice girl she may be a keeper. If money is her only focus but shes a hotty. Root her and boot her. Shes already given you the excuse :-)

On 8/10/2019 at 11:37 AM, SteveK said:

You've hit the nail on the head but I would have to add the obvious comment that Isaan girls are still people and there is some variation, however unfortunately the Isaan school system is still shocking and the chance of a smart person having the opportunity of a Western standard of education is almost nil, if the parents won the lottery they would buy pick up trucks and gold, not waste it on a university education abroad for their kids, it just doesn't seem to register. Living in Isaan I am quite frankly shocked to see my step son just not go to school whenever he fancies it, and whenever he is at home in the morning I ask my wife why he's not at school - "Buddha holiday" she says, it seems sometimes that they get at least one day a week off practically every week some times of the year, no wonder they don't learn anything.

To get back to Isaan ladies, yes I think education is a key factor in their behaviour. The pretty ones are the absolute worst. I spent some time with probably the most stunning girl I have ever met about 12-13 years ago. 21 years old, about 40kg and an easy 10/10, but the laziest, most uneducated and self-entitled person I have ever met. We were talking about a map of the world on a wall somewhere and she told me that Africa was a country and I asked her to point to it but she couldn't, it was one of my first times in Thailand and coming from the UK I was gobsmacked. She wanted someone else to pay everything for her, all she wanted to do was watch TV in the day and get drunk at night. She used my laptop to access her email but didn't log out, when I turned on my laptop her inbox popped up and there were a lots of guys names there, by all accounts she was doing well for herself. I didn't read anything because I didn't want to feel creepy but I had heard the stories about what these girls do and now had seen with my own eyes.

Then on the other side of the coin is my wife. Also poorly educated, but enjoys studying and learns a few extra words of English a day. She is by no means stunning but absolutely refuses to take a day off work ever, works really hard and owns her own business. She can also get grumpy over fairly small things. House paid for, Toyota pick up paid for, 2 motorbikes and she is in the process of buying a third for someone. Lots of money invested in land, gold and property. Still, if I ask her if she could go on holiday anywhere in the and I will pay she says Chiang Mai. She says she has no reason leave Thailand. I can't imagine a Brit having a similar view lol.

I guess what I am saying is that if you go for a super stunning young lady from a region with a totally shocking education system, there are going to be some severe cultural incompatibilities, you wouldn't rush into marriage in your own country so don't do it in Thailand also. I don't mean this in a degrading or poking fun kind of way, but I have always found it interesting to ask Thai people if they know where countries like Canada, USA, South Africa etc are on a map, it's fascinating that anyone anywhere can get into their 40's and not know where Canada is on a map. I don't see anyway that I can help to fix the Thai education system, but if there were an easy way for me to be able to teach something at the local school I'd gladly do it for a few thousand Baht a week.

I remember when I was younger and lived/worked for a couple of years in Houston. The local TV station did a walk-up survey on Houstonians on St Patrick's Day to see whether locals who were out celebrating the festival knew where Ireland was and could point to it on a map.

Pretty much same result that you are attributing to Isaan girls. Most people placed it roughly off the Canadian coast near Newfoundland. Some off Africa. Most did at least seem to know it was an island!

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If you're in your 60s and they were in their 20s, I'd be impressed.

Who's Roosh?

No, I'm 34, er I mean 29, typo. Not trying to impress, just saying that those who claim "it's never free" are wrong.

Impressive = having women come up to YOU regularly, and buying you shit. Which unfortunately isn't me.

Also impressive (albeit on the comical side): My friend, who does get approached all the time (tall, muscular build, handsome - no homo), and still manages 9 out of 10 times to stumble and bumble until they walk away.

Archived