Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

9 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I went back last year for a 2 month stint at Cambridge. I found the food cheaper at the local Tescos (fruits and vegetables, in particular).

They are more direct and no bs smile. But the PC is overwhelming, as are the amount of Chinese everywhere.

Not my grandma's country anymore. I do miss the rule of law, however, and that exists there.

I don’t see anymore PC or Chinese where i visit in UK. 

Edited by NightSky
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, NightSky said:

You can’t be comparing like for like.

Well how else can you compare???

Added bit. When we 3 go out for a lunch the cost for that is around 130bht including drinks. That's about the same as a couple of coffees there.

I happen to know the latest prices and weather. I was there for 3 weeks, left on June the 10th. Went to the airport in a taxi with my Ski jacket and gloves so I know first hand what it's like there.

I will give you there is a much better western food selection with a lot of it cheaper than here but you will have to buy a lot of things just to make up for the 370+UK a month that it cost just to live there.  

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

I would hate to see your diet...... those are 2 things to easily do without.

If you want to do a shopping basket comparison of, say, 30 items in go ahead. But please don't include crap like the above.

I dont actually eat  confectionery , (barring the odd can of diet coke and pack of crisps) , but I just noticed that the price of those has gone up three fold in the last ten years , probably mainly due to the new sugar tax

3 minutes ago, Nemises said:

IMG_5340.PNG

One post was talking about whether UK prostitutes accept payment by card and the other post was about the general availability of prostitutes in various Countries .

So, just to clarify , I have no idea whether UK prostitutes accept payment by card , but I am aware that there are prostitutes in every Country

• Confused 2
7 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

I am just off for my leisurely walk around a local lake here in Thailand, 4.45am I'll start.

Pretty sure I couldn't do that back in my home city in the UK, although not been back for 14 years myself !

watch out for broken bottles and wild dogs... enjoy the air before the burning season...

Edited by tlandtday
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Used to get my "tea" of small steak&kidney pie & & chips and a can of coke was 1s3d !! ????

you guys are funny, stop living in the past 555

things, prices have changed over the years....even our bodies and brains 555

• Like 1