Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

5 Quid , 185 Baht , from a London cafe today

DSCF4231.JPG

Nearly half that at Retox, or better still Cheap Charlies, .......but not everyone lives in Pattaya.

I wish Buriram had an Iceland.

......... and a Waitrose

2 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Did you sh!t the bed....... it's only 06:00 in the UK ....... ????

Knife and fork look almost Thai quality....................

Still on Thai time , bodily clock wise . 12 19 PM (even my computer is still on Thai time)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its the Cod thats expensive , due to its rarity , they would have to make do with sausage in batter these days 

I know, must be near 30 years back I had a boat I launched off Hastings on the UK south coast, the club told us we could not bring Cod ashore...The previous 20 years I did bring in the odd Cod or two, the area was never really a Cod hot spot but the authorities thought it was...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, taninthai said:

I just done 2 months in the U.K. ,normally do 4 and do a bit of work but decided only do 2 month no work and travel around the country a little.

with the exchange rate now most day to day living expenses are cheaper in Uk.

shower gel ,tooth paste all toiletries,bread milk.

eating out in pubs wow expensive talking £20 easy,coke in a pub £2.50,accommodation expensive £80 for a b&b in wales which seemed to be stuck in the year 1950.

was also freezing picture is from the beach in wales in middle off June,I will not be rushing back.

P.s how much you think mars bars are in 7/11?....they are nearly a pound we are now nearly 35 bht to the £.

EDE899E1-0870-48C8-9427-897C6254CAC0.jpeg

Where is that...?

chocolate is expensive in Thailand more like a £1 + each, and POST 2, my friend is a taxi driver, in the UK lots of lovely Polish girls and the like, he says they are cheaper than the Thai asking price. seems like he has a delivery service,,  ha ha

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, taninthai said:

That is actually lake Conniston camped in my van on the lakeside £10 a night 

pic below is Grassmere absolutely beautiful there.

6E6E6BC4-1114-4575-AFC2-1A7316D2DE97.jpeg

Good Indian in Coniston..... Sarah's or some non-Indian name like that.   Good value........ especially for the Lake District.