Jump to content
BANGKOK
sanemax

Back in the UK after 10 years in Thailand

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, JamJar said:

 

When your 'friend' next needs to visit a hospital, I suggest she avoids all foreigners, even the doctors and nurses that would treat her.

 

She can wait for an 'English' doctor or an 'English' nurse. Not 'British' mind you. As no doubt if it weren't for the 'foreigners', you'd be having a go at the Scots and the Welsh and the Irish.

To be fair, at that particular hospital i'm sure the ratio of English patients to English doctors is a lot less than Foreign patients to Foreign doctors so perhaps your idea could be a winner for English people 👍.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Sorry my mistake it wasn't nearly 15,000 stabbing's it was nearly 15,000 incidents of knife crime, so that obviously makes it ok then 🙄

 

 

 

London recorded the highest rate of 169 offences involving a knife per 100,000 population in 2018/19.

 

BBC analysis has revealed that London has 16 of the top 25 knife crime hot spots in England and Wales.

The data from 34 of the 43 police forces include crimes of assault, robbery, sexual offences, the threat to kill, attempted murder, or murder committed with a blade. The report comes as the capital looks set to see the murder rate surpass that of last year, which was already a decade-high level.Analysis in May by the London Assembly’s Conservatives claimed since Labour’s Sadiq Khan became mayor in 2016, the city has seen knife crime rise by 52 per cent. 

 

Are you and the 'Conservatives' hoping to blame knife crime on Sadiq Khan??

 

Quote

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan said the rise in these violent incidents was "unacceptably high", and they were "a national problem that required national solutions from the government"

 

I hear kids of different hue, shouting that they will cut someone during an argument. Adults too.

 

What do you suggest should be done? 

Weren't knives used in the murder of Stephen Lawrence?

Shall we blame the Conservative government, since they have been in power over these periods? 

 

The BNP has been trying to cover up their spots, unsuccessfully, for many years now.

 

But they expose their real selves so easily. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/9/2019 at 3:28 AM, alfieconn said:

Sorry my mistake it wasn't nearly 15,000 stabbing's it was nearly 15,000 incidents of knife crime, so that obviously makes it ok then 🙄

 

 

 

London recorded the highest rate of 169 offences involving a knife per 100,000 population in 2018/19.

 

BBC analysis has revealed that London has 16 of the top 25 knife crime hot spots in England and Wales.

The data from 34 of the 43 police forces include crimes of assault, robbery, sexual offences, the threat to kill, attempted murder, or murder committed with a blade. The report comes as the capital looks set to see the murder rate surpass that of last year, which was already a decade-high level.Analysis in May by the London Assembly’s Conservatives claimed since Labour’s Sadiq Khan became mayor in 2016, the city has seen knife crime rise by 52 per cent. 

London killings map

 

   Over 100 stabbing deaths in London this year .

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, sanemax said:

London killings map

 

   Over 100 stabbing deaths in London this year .

For a city with nearly 9 million, that is not high.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, alfieconn said:

To be fair, at that particular hospital i'm sure the ratio of English patients to English doctors is a lot less than Foreign patients to Foreign doctors so perhaps your idea could be a winner for English people 👍.

You are sure, got any proof of that statement?

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ta158 said:

For a city with nearly 9 million, that is not high.

It may not be high compared to other places (although it probably is) , but there are murders every day or two on the streets and it makes you quite cautious when walking about  , trying to avoid anyone who looks they they carry knifes with them

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, sanemax said:

Something needs to be done about knife crime in the UK .

Need to put Politics and race aside .

Shouldnt be trying to score political points out of it .

Must be a terrible existence for the youngsters growing up in London , there are local wars going on all over London with numerous fatalities and injuries , something should be done to stop it

interesting …..  years ago, say mid 60's 70's even 80's  you never really heard of street violence or gang related stabbings.   I believe it was because most youth were raised to respect society, the police and older folk in general,  and your parents would go ballistic if you got into any serious trouble.  

As a youth, I knew what was right and what was wrong …….   

so please tell me why the youth of today are not intelligent enough to understand this equation … 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

6 degrees here now , raining everyday this month .

Cold water comes out the taps and a hot coffee stays hot for five minutes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

6 degrees here now , raining everyday this month .

Cold water comes out the taps and a hot coffee stays hot for five minutes

Lancashire?

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

6 degrees here now , raining everyday this month .

Cold water comes out the taps and a hot coffee stays hot for five minutes

Did you consider heat and a hot water heater? 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, saengd said:

Lancashire?

London 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

6 degrees here now , raining everyday this month .

Cold water comes out the taps and a hot coffee stays hot for five minutes

Today I will be painting the car port ceiling in my boxers......😊......Thankfully there is a slight breeze coming off the lake to make things more comfortable...🥳

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I had a mate that came home <deleted> one night (in U.K.) and decided to paint the ceiling with his underpants on his head
[emoji1787]

Today I will be painting the car port ceiling in my boxers......[emoji4]......Thankfully there is a slight breeze coming off the lake to make things more comfortable...[emoji3060]


Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...