BANGKOK
rooster59

"Pot on the head gang" get their free helmets and say sorry!

"Pot on the head gang" get their free helmets and say sorry!

pot.JPG

Image: Daily News

The three M3 students who got Thailand laughing yesterday after appearing to wear a cooking pot instead of a helmet have taken the police up on their free offer. 

The boys were at Nakorn Nayok police station yesterday when they each got a free helmet as promised by Thanit Bussabong who stopped them on Thursday. 

The boys admitted they were in the wrong and said they had the cooking pot with them because they were doing an activity at school and wanted to boil up eggs for their mates. 

Netizens loved the story as police played along. 

The cops in the town north east of Bangkok are running a campaign to make 100% of motorcyclists wear helmets. 

M3 means the boys would have been aged about 15 or 16 years old. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-10
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Falang, no no no this is no good licence!

But I have licence for a car, motorbike, even a truck from my country where in a year less people dies than in a week here

Mai, mai... nut enugh you mut have international or Thailaaand licence! 500 baht, khap

35 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The boys were at Nakorn Nayok police station yesterday when they each got a free helmet

And the helmet will be kept on a shelf as a memory.

• Haha 2

Nice gesture by the police, but I'd like to see them get proactive about enforcing helmet standards. I'm sure good quality helmets can be made quite cheaply here.

PS: They're not a gang.

• Like 2

The story sums up wok's wrong with Thailand today next up a boy with a urinal on his head 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

Or something to piss into indicating they took the piss out of the b i b

Most Thais can't afford a pot to piss in, so these boys must be from a wealthy family...

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

said they had the cooking pot with them because they were doing an activity at school and wanted to boil up eggs for their mates

Next time on reducing the road death figures .. Boy wears egg cooker in attempt to impress mates , cops and win a free piss pot helmet .. 

IMG_20190810_081134.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"Pot on the head gang"

Look like children to me.  Who calls them a "gang?"

Posted (edited)

Helmets? plural? I can see only one. Not surprising, as cops tend to (sometimes) enforce mandatory helmet only for the driver, following a logic that escapes me. Explains why so many motorbike accident fatalities are young kids. Even if dad (or mom) does, they almost never wear a helmet.

EDIT: I think "gang" was to be taken as "team", "group of buddies", not literally.

Edited by Lannig

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

sadly today the "lads" were all killed as a bus carrying 30 school children rolled over on them and exploded into a huge fire ball. 

i'm going to hell for that laugh.....congratulations.

• Haha 1