Thailand based blogger Richard Barrow reveals difficulties in renewing extension of stay

rooster59

message for #Richard Barrow

officer sitting behind the immigration counter will likely smile at you whilst you rant on about your ‘rights’ and that you ‘know somebody’. Once you’re finished they either walk away or completely ignore you and start serving the next person like you never existed. This what happen to you. lol

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard decided that this year will apply for permanent residence (PR) and then maybe citizenship a bit further down the road. this guy a madman, what a joke a great way to drive traffic to the many web site. This is good marketing 101, all take notes. 800 Bht in the bank now.

Copyright © 2019 Thai Travel News & Events. All rights reserved.
Richard Barrow

Did anybody notice the 'back peddling' that went on regarding the reasons for the delay in issuing Mr Barrow's extension and his claims that 'people in high places' helped him out, at the recent FCC meeting? Video here if you haven't seen it:

On 8/13/2019 at 10:29 AM, Raybangkok said:

Maybe we should ask ourselves if Heads reporting is so genuine and accurate why has he had many troubles in the past

The main trouble he had in the past here was from the defamation case brought by a Thai lawyer after his very worthy investigation into expats being scammed of their retirement homes. 

On 8/14/2019 at 8:03 AM, dragula said:

tm- 30 is great thing to have, I buy that information. it not only away of tracking. Data is valuable because it tells about their audience's interests, allowing them to improve  experiences. can derive value from their tm- 30. If you have high-quality data, you can also sell it to create a more direct economic benefit.

What an inane comment. The only people who gain any economic benefit are data brokers and their associates who peddle in this murky trade. Politically there's certainly a massive benefit to an authoritarian regime in mining data, just as there is in the control over foreigners the TM30 gives them. 

On 8/10/2019 at 11:51 AM, jayboy said:

That's the coward's way. Richard Barrow has done a huge amount for the tourist industry in Thailand and should not be treated like this.In fact he needs an apology now.

your calling us cowards? who are you to tell us what to do and what to sign   ... that is a very abusive reply  

sorry this is reply to another post that replied to the above post ...  the quote function didnt work as expected .. my bad 

Just now, ifmu said:

your calling us cowards? who are you to tell us what to do and what to sign   ... that is a very abusive reply 

No, just members of the peanut gallery in here to sneer, spread venom and paint it in as nasty a light as you can.

Looks like a nice morning here and as Sunday morning is my big bike ride day  ... have fun! :biggrin: 

On 8/12/2019 at 3:32 PM, drbeach said:

Johnathan reports what he is told to report. He is biased as is his employer. Only people who have no ability to think critically and believe whatever the news tells them say otherwise. I'm pretty sure you'll find out quickly who Johnathan supports, it's the red shirts and Thaksin.

Also, I'm not saying everything he reports is wrong. He's right in some cases. However, you need to be able to read between the lines and not take every word someone says as Gospel.

Pitiful ignorance to suggest the excellent Jonathan Head (or any other decent journalist) reports what he is told to.Furthermore it's particularly dumb to believe Jonathan Head supports the red shirts and Thaksin though that indeed was the belief of some middle class urban Thais.You talk about "thinking critically" yet you seem to have accepted undigested the inane views of Thai suburbanites.The reason why Jonathan Head was disliked in some quarters was that he dug beneath the surface and exposed the ugly side of Thai repression.For the Thai elites there is a distinct dislike of external scrutiny and Head was excoriated because of this.Actually I have some sympathy for middle class Thais who think in tribal terms and are afraid of emerging political forces - that's a position that's found in many societies.What I have no sympathy for farang who hold these views.

24 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Pitiful ignorance to suggest the excellent Jonathan Head (or any other decent journalist) reports what he is told to.Furthermore it's particularly dumb to believe Jonathan Head supports the red shirts and Thaksin though that indeed was the belief of some middle class urban Thais.You talk about "thinking critically" yet you seem to have accepted undigested the inane views of Thai suburbanites.The reason why Jonathan Head was disliked in some quarters was that he dug beneath the surface and exposed the ugly side of Thai repression.For the Thai elites there is a distinct dislike of external scrutiny and Head was excoriated because of this.Actually I have some sympathy for middle class Thais who think in tribal terms and are afraid of emerging political forces - that's a position that's found in many societies.What I have no sympathy for farang who hold these views.

I would suggest much of the dislike of Jonathan Head goes back to the 2010 riots.

He was reporting for BBC, behind the barracades, supporting the reds, commenting on Taksin being ousted, all the while the reds were threatening to burn down Bangkok.

You could call him a lot of things, although im not sure if "excellent" really fits.

People have long memories.  

Just now, pookondee said:

I would suggest much of the dislike of Jonathan Head goes back to the 2010 riots.

He was reporting for BBC, behind the barracades, supporting the reds, commenting on Taksin being ousted, all the while the reds were threatening to burn down Bangkok.

You could call him a lot of things, although im not sure if "excellent" really fits.

More likely that is there Posting Job though.

Anything that Jono posts up that sets them to yammering about the Reds. Hey its a living :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, pookondee said:

There is a dislike in some quarters of Jonathan Head (and all independent minded foreign journalists) but the important question who is doing the disliking and why. Generally they are people who resent foreign scrutiny.As to 2010, he was doing his job and you are completely incorrect he was "supporting the reds." In fact that perception places you firmly in one camp. It's true he took the redshirts seriously as an important political movement, but that's another question.

As to his excellence, I have it personally from Khun Anand Panyarachun that Jonathan Head is the best resident foreign commentator on THailand.

Just now, pookondee said:

Posting Job eh?

wonder who the pay master is?

Good work deflecting!!

It is a nice day today so I better get rolling before the rains come in again. BTW looks like you a re doing a good job, although perhaps illuminati works better with todays crowd. Put a post it note up, get it around the group.

No need for thank yous,  it's all free! :biggrin:

3 hours ago, jayboy said:

There is a dislike in some quarters of Jonathan Head (and all independent minded foreign journalists) but the important question who is doing the disliking and why. Generally they are people who resent foreign scrutiny.As to 2010, he was doing his job and you are completely incorrect he was "supporting the reds." In fact that perception places you firmly in one camp. It's true he took the redshirts seriously as an important political movement, but that's another question.

As to his excellence, I have it personally from Khun Anand Panyarachun that Jonathan Head is the best resident foreign commentator on THailand.

Completely agree, as surely anyone would who followed his reports back at the time. Not only is he one of the most professional commentators in the region, he's also one of the better ones in the BBC. 

Archived