Thailand based blogger Richard Barrow reveals difficulties in renewing extension of stay

rooster59

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

If you are married to a Thai you shouldn't need 'extensions', let alone have to wait for permission to live with her for a few weeks or months longer. What you should have after a reasonable qualifying period is a 10-year unlimited in and out visa with no TM30 nonsense either.

I agree. Problem is there are too many foreigners who have used and continue to use this lawful agreement like a toy to self benefit. This is a scam perpetuated in every country in the world and I'm surprised that the requirements aren't even stricter.   

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

All the people who were saying "don't worry, just sign the petition' ! 

As many said, best to keep a low profile.

Courageous or a silly boy? His life is going to turned upside down now; I doubt it was worth it. He can thank his lucky stars he isn't a high profile Thai dissenter. He would end up in a river wearing a concrete overcoat.

5 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:
5 hours ago, Tagged said:

Talking about it, and posting words, doesnt fix anything.

Sure it does,as in Richards case it is having an effect.Talking and posting may lead to further action that may or may not achieve results.If continued and enough people talk and post the right people might start to talk and post and start to apply the necessary pressure that is required to achieve the desired outcome.

Careful!  Making sense makes no sense to many on TV.  Some even take it as an insult.

5 hours ago, ThePioneer said:

Jonathan head , Andy Hall , Andrew Drummond , Andrew Mcgregor Marshall , probably a few more I'm not aware of.................Richard barrow

What do they all have in common?

They have meaning in their lives?

6 hours ago, Tagged said:

The funny thing, is most of us who come here to Thailand, havent give a "deleted" about human equal rights, before it strikes us self, and the country is getting harder to live in. Then you see a upproar like this coming. Before that, we where wealthy fat bastards, enjoying cheep beer and cheap women. 

What happend so suddenly? It is their country, if we do not like it, leave. Simple as that. 

pathetic

5 hours ago, tebee said:

Maybe Thai immigration has been looking at what the UK Home office do and taking lessons from their "hostile environment". 

I wish they were hostile, repossess every Thai owned property and business & rid the country of all the depraved Thai hookers

40 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

I agree. Problem is there are too many foreigners who have used and continue to use this lawful agreement like a toy to self benefit. This is a scam perpetuated in every country in the world and I'm surprised that the requirements aren't even stricter.   

I think the number of foreigners in a marriage of convenience is negligible. So "too many"? Probably not, although It is popular among Indians here though, and some were arrested this past week I believe.

45 minutes ago, oobar said:

And let others stand up for you.

If that is their choice, I won't personally oppose to it, but I am asking nothing.

When I decided to live here permanently, 19 years ago, I know Thailand was a dictatorship ( still is ).

I was prepared to, and still  are,  accept the repercussions of it.

Maybe one day it will be too much I can accept, and then I will leave.

I don't expect Thailand to accommodate me.

To each of us to personally determine what is tolerable, and not.

18 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I think the number of foreigners in a marriage of convenience is negligible. So "too many"? Probably not, although It is popular among Indians here though, and some were arrested this past week I believe.

Negligible ??? My guess in the thousands.

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I disagree. IMO This is why witnesses and home visits are needed for every extension now. There's a definite concern here that the increased financial pressure on the ones who can't lie to the embassy anymore are shifting over to this extension. I expect more hurdles as the vice squeezes. 

So even people who work for TAT and do not have any real opinion can have problems ? 555+

under the radar and having never declared my address anywhere I still do not have any problem <3

Enjoy your "official" life guys... 555+

It's so funny that only people who want to do the correct things have problems !

And what will ever happen to me if I had to meet any rat official ? I would just pay 2000 thb and then still be under the radar for the next years !

Funny that people are making their own problems and then complain...

16 minutes ago, gamesgplayemail said:

So even people who work for TAT and do not have any real opinion can have problems ? 555+

under the radar and having never declared my address anywhere I still do not have any problem ❤️

Enjoy your "official" life guys... 555+

It's so funny that only people who want to do the correct things have problems !

And what will ever happen to me if I had to meet any rat official ? I would just pay 2000 thb and then still be under the radar for the next years !

Funny that people are making their own problems and then complain...

Is your Visa handled by an agent?

Just now, wisperone said:

Nobody has a inalienable right to live in Thailand. Farangs are nothing but guests who may or may not be granted a extension of stay. Live with it or move on.

That is the true reality, like it or not! 

Old laws and rules become reality.

8 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I for one won't leave.Nor do I feel I'm in the wrong country.This is a process that will gone through to achieve a positive outcome.You may relocate only to find you are again in the wrong country and if you continue you might find you have run out of countries to relocate to.

You sound as brainwashed and downtrodden as the natives....

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

note the Thai super spy following Richard.

"Yes, blog man is walking. I follow."

21078679_1453605551341962_7449923375989567804_n.jpg.b6d23fe3d0545d33dc3ba452a1f870a4.jpg

It hasn't gone unnoticed by the authorities that he's the only person in the whole street with his hands in his pockets. What kind of nefarious scheme can he be plotting? Does he have his finger on a remote control connected to an explosive device in his backpack? Why is he sneering? Enquiring minds at immigration want to know... 

Thailand has been "anti foreigner" for a long time and I doubt it will not change to soon.

Everywhere I've travelled in Thailand to see a particular venue it always Thais free and "farang" pays, or Thais pay "X" and "farangs pay triple, regardless of how long you have lived here.

I have been a long term customer of "Lazada" Thailand, recently I noticed that my "E" wallet bonus money that is generated by Lazada cannot be used anymore. I received 50B in my "E" wallet only to now find that foreigners, "farangs" cannot use this money.

I sent them an email saying they were a racist company, when they finally responded about this matter they gave me the standard Thai answer "sorry".

Third world country and mentality to match.

Archived